• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tac ops drag bag

lennyo3034

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
USA
I'm considering picking up a tac ops drag and wanted to get some insight from people that have them. I currently have an Eagle drag bag, and while it does the job, I do have to carry a separate shooting mat. I was wondering how useable the tac ops shooting mat actually is? I looked up the dimensions and at 48X25 or so, it looks on the small side. Do you guys that have this bag like the shooting mat it comes with? I would be looking into buying the long version, however I'm not sure if there is a size difference on the shooting mat.

If I don't like the shooting mat enough to use it alone, there's really no reason I can see to go to the tac ops from the eagle.

The mat is definitely short. If you don't mind having your gun off of the front I suppose it could get the job done. I haven't used mine yet, just got it the other day.

I have one and use it. If you are a big guy you will probably be hanging off it at the elbows. I don't mind the shortness of it, I don't need the length unless it is really cold. One nice thing about it is that it folds. I hate wrestling with a roll up mat in the cold. It is also nice to be able to pack everything in as few bags as possible to go shoot. It's no temperpedic mattress but it is what I use most of the time. I'm 5' 7".

I use a seperate mat but I only walk from the truck to the firing line. Im a mat real estate hog. I use a folding pad made by US Peacekeepers, similiar to a Crosstac.

If minimizing your gear is your goal than Id consider changing. If you like a mat with two zip codes and will end up bringing a mat anyway I would stick with what you have. Eagle seems to make nice bags. If minimal is what you want and your current bag works consider looking at some of the mats sold through TAB/Triad.

The Tac Ops bag is nice. I didnt have any bag when I made my purchase and Im very happy with the bag. It becomes heavy fast once you start filling pockets. I use it for a beast of a scoped LMT .308. When loaded I wish for wheels.

Last edited:
Take a look at the Voodoo shooting mat and the drag bag with mat, the mat is 69x48 (actually big enough where you need it) at its widest point, good stuff-well made.

Looks similar to the HSRC that I have. When I use that, I usually have to bring a separate bag for ammo/gear. I could attach molle cases to it, but the bag will not lie flat when using as a mat.

I'm 5'9" and would keep my elbows at the front of the mat, and knees at the rear. I was trying to make sure it was wide enough for elbows and long enough to make it to knees. Actually I might just get my measuring tape out to check.

Looks similar to the HSRC that I have. When I use that, I usually have to bring a separate bag for ammo/gear. I could attach molle cases to it, but the bag will not lie flat when using as a mat.

I'm 5'9" and would keep my elbows at the front of the mat, and knees at the rear. I was trying to make sure it was wide enough for elbows and long enough to make it to knees. Actually I might just get my measuring tape out to check.

ive been using mine for a while now, it is nice that it stows within the bag , I also keep a rolled up TAB shooting mat in the cargo pouch of the bag as well, for if the ground is wet...etc, I would roll the TAB out then put the TAC-OPS on top for a bit more padding

You'll find "other" drag bags, but you won't find a "better" drag bag.

Any mat that is integral to a drag bag is going to be on the small size as it is designed to fit in the drag bag. There are roomier mats, but this is a good one in a pinch.