• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tac Ops Kilo 66/.300WM Birdsong Desert Camo

Aries64

Deep Behind Enemy Lines in IsWokestan!
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Fellow Hiders -

Here are some teaser photos of a Tac Ops Kilo 66 (.300WM) built for a SEAL Team. The metalwork is finished in Birdsong's new 3-Color Desert Camo pattern. Enjoy!

Kilo66BirdsongDesertCamoRS8x6.jpg

Kilo66BirdsongDesertCamoRSCU8x6.jpg

Kilo66BirdsongDesertFloorplate8x6.jpg

Keith

Re: Tac Ops Kilo 66/.300WM Birdsong Desert Camo

i know who's rifle that is. came out awesome, i know he will love it

Awesome rifle, but why the Springfield scope?

that is a seriously nice finish. Can't wait to get my hands on mine.

Metaphorically, a million dollar rifle, with a 10 cent scope...but Tac Ops sure makes some beautiful and functional rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome rifle, but why the Springfield scope? </div></div>
No idea and not my call. It might not be obvious to everyone but I didn't shoot those photos. That rifle deserves a PMII or a Premier. I'll have to see what I can do when I see it...

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is a seriously nice finish. Can't wait to get my hands on mine. </div></div>
I'll bet. Once you and <span style="font-style: italic">MicronuT</span> get your rifles the three of us can shoot our Tac Ops against the F-OPEN guns at the WEGC Mid-Range matches. Its' a lot of fun. Now, do you mind if I twist the knife a bit? <span style="font-style: italic">(Inserts evil laugh).</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Tac Ops X-Ray 51: Precision delivery of terminal tranquilizers at your fingertips...</span></span>
X-Ray51BT28RSProfileFF18x6.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome rifle, but why the Springfield scope? </div></div>
No idea and not my call. It might not be obvious to everyone but I didn't shoot those photos. That rifle deserves a PMII, <span style="color: #FF0000">Hensoldt</span> or Premier. I'll have to see what I can do when I see it...

Keith </div></div>

Fixed it for ya... give some love to the Hennies why don't you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome rifle, but why the Springfield scope? </div></div>
No idea and not my call. It might not be obvious to everyone but I didn't shoot those photos. That rifle deserves a PMII, <span style="color: #FF0000">Hensoldt</span> or Premier. I'll have to see what I can do when I see it...

Keith </div></div>

Fixed it for ya... give some love to the Hennies why don't you! </div></div>
Sorry. I do like Hensoldts'. Hensoldt manufactures some of the finest tactical scopes around and your 3-12X is a great complement to your Tango 51 and should serve you well for hunting and tactical shooting. However, the the lines of the standard Mildot reticle are too coarse to provide an exacting, precise point of aim. FFP or SFP, theres' no substitute for a fine reticle for F-Class targets.

Keith

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Tac Ops X-Ray 51: Precision delivery of terminal tranquilizers at your fingertips...</span></span>

Love it!

Awesome looking rifle!!!

What is the wait time for a Tac-Ops rifle??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome looking rifle!!!

What is the wait time for a Tac-Ops rifle?? </div></div>

I am not sure, but I would guess it makes waiting for a NFA seem like the blink of a eye. I was looking around and it some people that ordered in '07 got their rifle in '09. I think that was mostly due to extenuating circumstances, and they were saying it was about a year otherwise. But those posts were from last year so IDK.

That thing is F'n amazing though.

I waited about one year for my rifle, a buddy at work waited less. Well worth the wait whatever it is.

That is a beautiful rifle. I know some motivated sailor is going to be pretty darn happy.

What kind of cheekpiece is that? Is that a loggerhead with a head on the bolt? It definitely isn't standard McMillan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of cheekpiece is that? Is that a loggerhead with a head on the bolt? It definitely isn't standard McMillan. </div></div>
Actually, I've been told that it is an older McMillan adjustable cheekpiece hardware design, but with a larger knob. Note how the outside edge of the knob is below the horizontal split of the cheekpiece and does not overlap the edge of the cheekpiece, whereas the Loggerhead's allen screw sits a little closer to the junction of the cheekpiece and the large McMillan knob would sit closer to the junction.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Tac Ops Kilo 66 (re-worked McMillan A3-5) w/McMillan cheekpiece hardware:</span></span>
Kilo66BirdsongDesertCamoRS8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">McMillan A5 w/KMW "Loggerhead" cheekpiece hardware:</span></span>
GAPCamoA5AdjustableRSPROFILE8x6-1.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Closeup of McMillan A5 w/KMW "Loggerhead" adjustment allen screw:</span></span>
GAPCamoA5ButtstockRSPROFILE8x6.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a seriously nice finish. Can't wait to get my hands on mine.</div></div>

I would agree the finish W.E. Birdsong is offering now in the camo patterns will do well for them
wink.gif

Tac Ops will be offering several of the new finishes on our builds and as soon as we get some new pics we will post them. As far as the glass on the Kilo 66 it was just put on the platform from Birdsong for the photo shoot...

Oh and for you EH your Tango 51 is just about ready keep your shirt on just a little bit more
smile.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mike
Tac Ops</span>

It's not a shirt!! That's my body hair!!!!

Mike, Neville and I raised a glass to you and yours at the Wilshire tonight.

Can't wait for the Tango but clearly you've got some serious A listers to take care of first. Happy to wait in line behind them. Besides, seeing this new line of finish is tempting for me to ask for a change...!

Call me, owe you and yours dinner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sorry. I do like Hensoldts'. Hensoldt manufactures some of the finest tactical scopes around and your 3-12X is a great complement to your Tango 51 and should serve you well for hunting and tactical shooting. However, the the lines of the standard Mildot reticle are too coarse to provide an exacting, precise point of aim. FFP or SFP, theres' no substitute for a fine reticle for F-Class targets.

Keith </div></div>

All good points. I'm looking at probably scoring a Sightron 8-32 FCH for the F/TR comps. If the three of us are on the line with our rifles that will require some pics to be taken methinks.

However, I know that Mike took a ridiculous test target for the Tango-51 he built for my buddy SpaceGod in Austin with a NF F1...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Built for a SEAL team?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/rate-of-uninformed-conversations-about-navy-seals,20371/</div></div>
Here's my favorite part of that story:

"Morrell added that current enlistment numbers couldn’t possibly account for the number of Americans claiming they have an uncle in the Navy SEALs."

So true, so true.

i know for a fact who this gun is goin to is a SEAL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Aries64 said:

Keith </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All good points. I'm looking at probably scoring a Sightron 8-32 FCH for the F/TR comps.</div></div>
I've heard the Sightrons' are excellent scopes for the money, but I haven't looked into them (no pun intended). I did see a 2.5-25X SFP MIL=based March Tactical mounted on a Tac Ops rifle at Mike's. Unfortunately, I couldn't go outside for a better viewing opportunity or location to test the optical clarity because I didn't want to scare the sheepeople and have someone dial 911. The March 2.5-25X Tactical has great turrets and is amazingly compact - it is dwarfed by the PMII 5-25X.

Also, I find swapping optics a PITA. Once I mount, plumb line, and zero zero the scope I don't like to keep doing it all over again and again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the three of us are on the line with our rifles that will require some pics to be taken methinks.
We'll have to trust someone else with the camera. How can the three of us all be in the photos if we're shooting? Besides - I'm too preoccupied with shooting to bother with a camera.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, I know that Mike took a ridiculous test target for the Tango-51 he built for my buddy SpaceGod in Austin with a NF F1... </div></div>
I like the F1, but I still prefer my PMII 5-25X Gen 2 XRs'!

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i know for a fact who this gun is goin to is a SEAL. </div></div>

Going to a SEAL and going to a SEAL team are two very different things. Is this rifle going to a team for operational use or is it a personal purchase?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So true, so true.</div></div>

What are you a Fucking Clown ?

Tac Ops</span> </div></div>

UMMM I'd say yes he is!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i know for a fact who this gun is goin to is a SEAL. </div></div>

Going to a SEAL and going to a SEAL team are two very different things. Is this rifle going to a team for operational use or is it a personal purchase? </div></div>

I know for a fact cuz i serve with the guy you tool, its goin to a active duty seal with alot of time overseas. how about you worry less about calling out fake seals and apreciate the gun. let the guys being offended worry about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i know for a fact who this gun is goin to is a SEAL. </div></div>

Going to a SEAL and going to a SEAL team are two very different things. Is this rifle going to a team for operational use or is it a personal purchase? </div></div>

Because somehow sub .25MOA with factory ammo seems less awesome if it were going to an ex-badass SEAL... oh boy...

its actauly goin to chuck norris so now go jerk off and watch shooter again. I think tomorrow is the sniper marathon.

enough with the fake chasing. Bad ass gun mike, i know he'll love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i know for a fact who this gun is goin to is a SEAL. </div></div>

I know for a fact cuz i serve with the guy you tool, its goin to a active duty seal with alot of time overseas. how about you worry less about calling out fake seals and apreciate the gun. let the guys being offended worry about it. </div></div>

That's not what I was getting at whatsoever. I was asking if it was going to be used operationally or not. Now, chill out because you're pissed about something that isn't fucking happening.

no NOBODY can take personal guns overseas and all sniper weapons are built by crane or quantico. Sadly cuz they really aren't that nice. not saying it doesn't happen but its BAD NEWS if caught or you have a investigation on a shooting with a personal weapon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no NOBODY can take personal guns overseas and all sniper weapons are built by crane or quantico. Sadly cuz they really aren't that nice. not saying it doesn't happen but its BAD NEWS if caught or you have a investigation on a shooting with a personal weapon.</div></div>

Yup, I know. Read the first post where it says "built for a SEAL Team" and you will see why I asked what I did.

to each their own, the way he worded it makes no diference. its a great looking gun. I think most on here know that issued guns are the only thing allowed overseas. as much as i'd rather have one of mike's then a mk13. thread jack complete. like i said let the guys being offended worry about what is said about it. its the internet everyone is black ops here.

I want some close ups of that finish, Mike also said he might do a dark version using his classic colors.

Just when you think perfection has been reached he goes and pushes the envelope further!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So true, so true.</div></div>

What are you a Fucking Clown ?

Tac Ops</span></div></div>
Whoa, whoa!!! Not my intention at all!!!

Mike, I appologize for my typing coming across as I was implying the rifle was not in fact going to a SEAL or a SEAL Team or whatever. I know & understand who you are and who your clientelle is on a ragular basis.

I was only referring to the how humorous it is that every regular Joe you meet on the street knows someone who is a SEAL. If that were the case, there would be like 50 million SEALs.

I WAS NOT, HOWEVER, IMPLYING THAT IS THE CASE HERE!!!

Sorry for the confusion. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I think it looks fucking outstanding and hope to see a range report on it.

The reason I started this little storm in a teacup is that if it was issued to the teams, that would be pretty darned interesting to a lot of folk and huge win for Mike. That's it. Didn't mean to ruffle feathers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who gives a shit where it's going??? It's a great rifle! Finish looks awesome Mike. </div></div>

Exactly! Very nice rifle and I'm intrigued by the finish.

However, I'll personally step up for J-Ham. He's a squared away Guy. His comments were directed at the article and not the validity of where the rifle is going and who's using it.

I can't speak for the others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, I appologize for my typing coming across as I was implying the rifle was not in fact going to a SEAL or a SEAL Team or whatever.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exactly! Very nice rifle and I'm intrigued by the finish.

However, I'll personally step up for J-Ham. He's a squared away Guy. His comments were directed at the article and not the validity of where the rifle is going and who's using it.

I can't speak for the others.</div></div>

Apology accepted and I would like to appologize for jumping the gun
wink.gif

Bush it was a pleasure speaking with you again and thank you for the kind words on the build. Stepping up for J-ham telephonically was a class act thank you for the call
smile.gif

Gardner thank you also for the kind words. FYI, I had a nice phone conversation with a good friend about one of your sticks and he had nothing but GREAT things to say. He and his partner Mark went to a High angle school in Neveda and his X-Ray 51 was not ready. The rifle he brought ( none Tac Ops ) went down and they had to share your stick in very harsh conditions and it passed with flying colors
smile.gif
Just thought you liked to know, great job...

Tac Ops</span>

No blood no foul, brother.

Mike and Bijan, thank you gentlemen for the kind words.

No worries mate. Like I said in the pm's, beers on me when you get a chance to visit LA. There might also be a gunsmith in town who could interest you in
a build of a lifetime...

Cheers!

That is one of the greatest-looking rifles I've ever seen.

And we all know Mike's stocks are going to shoot lights out. Good work, man. I REALLY like the finish.

Some day I'll talk myself into selling off half what I own and ordering a stick from Tac Ops and topping it with a PM II and one of Mike's great cans.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><<SNIPPED>>
I was only referring to the how humorous it is that every regular Joe you meet on the street knows someone who is a SEAL. If that were the case, there would be like 50 million SEALs.
<<SNIPPED>> </div></div>

Hey, I don't now any SEALS that I know of.