• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Tac Ops Suppressor

cjs88

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    Not a lot of practical reviews of them on here. I watched Frank's video of his suppressed Tango 51 and damn, that thing was quiet! What are other owners experience with them? Anyone have concrete dba ratings/reduction for them?

No concrete numbers but mine sounds every bit as quiet as when using my Ops Inc 3rd Model that is 4" longer but 1.5" diameter but on a different rifle. The TacOps unit is 8" long and 1.62" diameter.
    Noticeably different sound than the TBAC Ultra 7 on the Lima51. Quieter? With my tinnitus and 3000-6000 Hz hearing loss ... I can't really tell.

Reactions: Diablo and cjs88
    I'm doing my best to get mine to clear the ATF Form 4. We'll see if it's before Christmas. Would be an awesome Santa present

They’re quiet, hold the accuracy of the gun and look amazing. If you have a Tac Ops and have an opportunity to buy the can. Do it

I haven't had the opportunity to test out any other suppressors on my TacOps due to the thread pattern, but I do quite enjoy my TacOps suppressor.

It's very quiet, the recoil impulse is pleasurable, and makes the rifle a joy to shoot. The build quality is spectacular as well, like anything TacOps.

Most of the ranges I shoot at have covered tin corrugated roofs, which aren't great for comparing acoustics of suppressors, especially if others around are shooting unsuppressed. At some point I'll have to take out the TacOps and shoot side by side with my 6.5 Creedmoor and other suppressors without any roofs impeding the acoustics to get a better feel for it.

If you've seen any of my posts in regards to suppressors, you'll see that I'm not a dB whore. There are more interesting aspects to suppressors than just dB suppression. That said, the TacOps performs well in that category. And how often do you get to have a rifle AND suppressor that's built by the same person/company?

there is only so much one can do with the form factor

with computer generated fluid dynamics, special designs are not special anymore

additive manufacturing (3d printing) with super alloys mean all materials are on the table and there are only 5-10 that are useful and not too cost prohibitive

you can only contain and redirect so much gas volume in something the size of a tall boy beer can...its just physics

the rest is build quality, price, lead time

I'm excited for mine. Mike told me Monday it should be at my dealer in ~3weeks hopefully, then the looooong wait begins.

Reactions: kthomas and brianf
    Hold your 8" member in one hand and your 8" tacops in the other, it belongs there, feels just like home.

Feeling that robust, silky-smooth surface on your fingertips makes you want to get naked, grease yourself up with a stick of butter and run through the chanting and cheers of the Friday night lights.

aa
    I haven't had the opportunity to test out any other suppressors on my TacOps due to the thread pattern, but I do quite enjoy my TacOps suppressor.

It's very quiet, the recoil impulse is pleasurable, and makes the rifle a joy to shoot. The build quality is spectacular as well, like anything TacOps.

Most of the ranges I shoot at have covered tin corrugated roofs, which aren't great for comparing acoustics of suppressors, especially if others around are shooting unsuppressed. At some point I'll have to take out the TacOps and shoot side by side with my 6.5 Creedmoor and other suppressors without any roofs impeding the acoustics to get a better feel for it.

If you've seen any of my posts in regards to suppressors, you'll see that I'm not a dB whore. There are more interesting aspects to suppressors than just dB suppression. That said, the TacOps performs well in that category. And how often do you get to have a rifle AND suppressor that's built by the same person/company?
    Silencer Central has 9/16x24 to 5/8x24 adapters for $30.

Reactions: kthomas
    I have a TBAC Ultra7 that I put a Hellfire adapter in. I used a 9/16-24 Hellfire adapter and th fit on the rifle was tight, but the can worked well on the Lima51.
    20190814_165942.jpg

Once I got the TacOps can, though, the world was right. It fits better, looks better and the rifle shoots and sounds better with it. Is it quieter? Who cares? It's just a better FIT to the rifle.

Attachments

• 20220404_182228.jpg
      20220404_182228.jpg
      646.8 KB · Views: 73
    Last edited:
    Reactions: Stinger78
    I have a TBAC Ultra7 that I put a Hellfire adapter in. I used a 9/16-24 Hellfire adapter and th fit on the rifle was tight, but the can worked well on the Lima51. View attachment 8002602

Once I got the TacOps can, though, the world was right. It fits better, looks better and the rifle shoots and sounds better with it. Is it quieter? Who cares? It's just a better FIT to the rifle.
    Just ordered a Tac Ops can and rifle myself. Should have the rifle in the spring and the can next winter. In the meantime I'll run an adapter with the can I currently have

Reactions: cjs88 and kthomas
    Just ordered a Tac Ops can and rifle myself. Should have the rifle in the spring and the can next winter. In the meantime I'll run an adapter with the can I currently have
    An exciting feeling isn't it? Especially when on the phone call Mike goes "you're the proud owner of a Tac Ops."

Seeing as how these are direct thread anyone gotten their stuff rethreaded 9/16” to run one outside of their TacOps rifles?