• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Xray 51

zekehmc1

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2014
My Xray 51 from Tac Ops came in 2 months ago and the rifle is truly a masterpiece! The fit and finish is nothing short of perfection, I am amazed at the attention to detail that was put into this platform from top to bottom. The texturing work on the stock, the super smooth travel of the bolt when cycling the action and the crisp, clean trigger break are just a few things that set this rifle apart from any other I've shot/handled. Now for the range report, the moment I laid the rifle on the bench it just felt solid. The trigger break was flawless which IMO is worth its weight in gold. Accuracy as with all Tac Ops rifles I've seen or read about was amazing. My best 3 shot group measured .12" @ 100 yds, but the rifle is definitely capable of tighter groups as the test target shows, I need to practice more!! Needless to say the rifle far exceeds any expectations I had. I would like to thank Mike R and all the staff at Tac Ops on a job well done! Mike remained a true professional and gentleman throughout the entire build process. Thanks again Mike, Zach
13951057135600.jpg13951058013341 (1).jpg

Congratulations on your X-Ray 51!

My Xray 51 from Tac Ops came in 2 months ago and the rifle is truly a masterpiece! The fit and finish is nothing short of perfection, I am amazed at the attention to detail that was put into this platform from top to bottom. The texturing work on the stock, the super smooth travel of the bolt when cycling the action and the crisp, clean trigger break are just a few things that set this rifle apart from any other I've shot/handled. Now for the range report, the moment I laid the rifle on the bench it just felt solid. The trigger break was flawless which IMO is worth its weight in gold. Accuracy as with all Tac Ops rifles I've seen or read about was amazing. My best 3 shot group measured .12" @ 100 yds, but the rifle is definitely capable of tighter groups as the test target shows, I need to practice more!! Needless to say the rifle far exceeds any expectations I had. I would like to thank Mike R and all the staff at Tac Ops on a job well done! Mike remained a true professional and gentleman throughout the entire build process. Thanks again Mike, Zach
View attachment 33114View attachment 33115

Congratulations on your X-Ray 51 and welcome to the Club, Zach. .120" is nothing to sneeze at, but I'm sure that you'll shrink your groups with more practice. I know I get rusty and it takes me a bit to "get back" when I haven't shot for a while.

It looks like you got the old school Tac Ops OD Green-T like on my X-Ray 51. (It's more OD and darker than the formulation of Tac Ops OD Green-T that Birdsong was shooting not too long ago). I definitely prefer the Tac Ops OD Green-Ts' to Naval Special Warfare Green-T (for the un-initiated NSW Green-T is the Green-T applied to non-Tac Ops customer work).

Also, from the angle you shot the photos it looks like your X-Ray is sporting a 22" barrel, is that correct? My X-Ray 51 has a 22" Tac Ops Heavy Contour.

Keith

View attachment 33114View attachment 33115

Very sweet rifle! Love the texture on the stock!

Congratulations on your X-Ray 51 and welcome to the Club, Zach. .120" is nothing to sneeze at, but I'm sure that you'll shrink your groups with more practice. I know I get rusty and it takes me a bit to "get back" when I haven't shot for a while.

It looks like you got the old school Tac Ops OD Green-T like on my X-Ray 51. (It's more OD and darker than the formulation of Tac Ops OD Green-T that Birdsong was shooting not too long ago). I definitely prefer the Tac Ops OD Green-Ts' to Naval Special Warfare Green-T (for the un-initiated NSW Green-T is the Green-T applied to non-Tac Ops customer work).

Also, from the angle you shot the photos it looks like your X-Ray is sporting a 22" barrel, is that correct? My X-Ray 51 has a 22" Tac Ops Heavy Contour.

Keith

Keith, Thank you very much! I'm sure with more practice I can shrink the group down a bit more, however I walked away from the range with a smile from ear to ear with the groups I shot!! :D

Yes my Green-T is the darker Tac Ops OD and I'm with you, I definitely prefer it over the NSW Green-T...

You are correct, she sports a 22" Tac Ops Heavy Contour barrel. I wanted a short heavy barrel on this platform and that was Mike's recommendation for the length.

What does your platform complete weigh in at? I'm at exactly 15.5 lbs with the Nightforce 5.5-22X50mm and love it. Its extremely stable while shooting

Zach

Keith, Thank you very much! I'm sure with more practice I can shrink the group down a bit more, however I walked away from the range with a smile from ear to ear with the groups I shot!! :D

Yes my Green-T is the darker Tac Ops OD and I'm with you, I definitely prefer it over the NSW Green-T...

You are correct, she sports a 22" Tac Ops Heavy Contour barrel. I wanted a short heavy barrel on this platform and that was Mike's recommendation for the length.

What does your platform complete weigh in at? I'm at exactly 15.5 lbs with the Nightforce 5.5-22X50mm and love it. Its extremely stable while shooting

Zach
If I remember correctly, the rifle weighs 16.4 pounds as you see it in the photo with the PMII 5-25X[56], Leupold High Rings, LT706 + BRM-S "Combo on ACCU-SHOT BT28 Rail, and the Tac Ops Stock Pack with tools inside but without any ammo in the loops.

Keith

I too never get tired of photos and stories about Tac Ops rifles, but, they do make the wait more difficult for my Tango!

I had a Tac Ops X-Ray 51 and ultimately changed the stock to an A1-3. That rifle had outstanding accuracy with both 175 and 168 FGMM. Mike a great guy and builds very nice rifles, congratulations. Keep up updated with accuracy reports.

Like everyone else has already said, it never gets old seeing Tac Ops pics. Just talked to Mike yesterday about my can and Tango which hopefully will be heading to my ffl in a month or so. So close...

Thank you for all the kind posts gentlemen!! I will get some better pics with my camera and post them first nice day, these were just some quick shots with my cell phone. Along with a range report after I stretch her legs out lol
Those of you waiting for your platforms, I hear ya!! I often used to come on here and look at posts of other guys rifles while waiting for mine. But the wait is WELL worth it, and as a wise man once said "Perfection takes Time"

Beautiful!

My Sierra needs to morph into an X-ray, my LOP is too short and I REALLY like that stock, excellent choice.

Seriously though, congrats, you are going to LOVE it.