• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TacOps Delta51 Down Under

Delta Tactical

Sergeant
Minuteman
Many of you have already seen this rifle and know its capabilities but you have never seen it like this!

In January this year we attended SHOT in Vegas which was amazing, especially for us guys from Australia getting to see firearms we will never be legally permitted to own.

After leaving Vegas we went to Los Angeles which for me was what I was looking forward to almost more than the show in Vegas.

About a year or so ago I was told that Mike and the guys at TacOps were making their own BDL bottom metal after supply issues from Williams. Well, as soon as I heard I knew I just HAD to have one!

The only problem was the TacOps fit and finish is always perfect that I had no excuse to send my stock back to Beverly Hills to have it inletted for the new bottom metal.....that is until Fate stepped in
wink.gif
Some will say I "found" an excuse deliberately but I vehemently maintain that is was pure accident!!!!!
smile.gif

Rewinding to that day .... On a hunt high in the hills on the trail for Sambar (yes I took my Delta51 out) after a long hot day of no success and getting lost for a few hours I "slipped" coming down the mountain and fell quite hard on my rifle!

After I gather up the courage to finally inspect the rifle I noticed a very large and unsightly scratch to the beautiful finish of the stock. I was instantly devastated but shortly after like a naughty boy who has just looked up his older baby sitters skirt, a light bulb went off an I instantly knew I had my excuse
smile.gif

I called Mike immediately and sounded heart broken and put on an academy award winning sob story telling him about my fall and the damage to the stock and how it ruined the rest of my trip etc etc etc.....

Without skipping a beat Mike told me to send the stock back to him and he would take care of it and restore it to its former glory. That’s when I slipped in the ".......ah seeing as you have the stock, how about throwing on your bottom metal......." Without hesitation he instantly agreed and set about consoling me
wink.gif

Fast forward to LA and I was finally going to take a look at the new Bottom Metal. As soon as he brought out a sample in raw steel my eyes all but fell out of my head. It was beautiful! The 303 stainless, the well thought out design, the bevelled and deburred edges... this thing was built like a Sherman Tank! He then showed me the other manufacturers bottom metals and there was no comparison! I only had eyes for TacOps!

It then got better..... Mike took out MY stock! I almost fainted! It was AMAZING! First of all my stock was completely refurbished and looked like the day I got it. Then I turned it over and saw the bottom metal only it was not in stainless it was in the finished Proprietary Limited to TacOps only Birdsong! Love at first sight! I almost planted a sloppy kiss on Mike , Almost! Thankfully I do not swing that way
smile.gif

From the moment I touched my stock with the new bottom metal which was the most beautiful I had ever seen and had the pleasure to inspect I did not want to let it out of my sight!

In fact Mike had to argue with me for 30 minutes to allow me to leave it with him so he could package it all up for me to bring back home!

Seriously, these bottom metals, like all things TacOps are simply incredible. Words and photos do not do them justice. I can type and type until I have worn my fingers down to the nub but until you hold one, touch one, smell one (what?) you will not, can not fully comprehend the engineering genius.

Kudos to Mike R and the guys at Tactical Operations Inc.

Now, to add a little to this story and to yet again justify and confirm the well deserved and proven reputation TacOps has earned, upon my return to Australia I immediately mounted my new and improved stock (courtesy of the bottom metal) to the barrelled action that had been sitting in the safe for a number of months (my fault) and mated it to my new IOR Scope and added the new V8 Atlas Bipod. Life was good.

All that I had left to do was go to the range and reacquaint myself with my beauty. I found some 20 odd rounds that I had not touched since the day I fell up in those hills and was set. After a few shots to sight in my baby and get back into the groove of shooting I managed to shoot three back to back groups in the 0.1s! I do not know why I was surprised but I was.

I now know never to doubt this rifle or the team at TacOps because even after months of having a barrelled action sit in the safe getting knocked and touched and moved, after sending my stock halfway around the world, after having a new bottom metal go on and having it perfectly inletted, after adding a new scope with less magnification (18 as opposed to 24), after using old rounds that had been sitting there and after not having shot for groups or accuracy for months on end the TacOps did not fail to disappoint and just picked up from where it left off, seamless, beautiful, deadly accurate!

Now I cant wait to see the new DBM when its done, you just know it will be perfect!

I smell another hunting trip in the Hills
wink.gif

Enjoy the photos:

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

Of course the new Bottom Metal with the <span style="font-weight: bold"> Proprietary and exclusive to Tactical Operations Inc Green T by Birdsong </span>

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

Re: TacOps Delta51 Down Under

I always love pics of a Tac Ops!

Wow, that bottom metal looks awesome. I talked to Mike R a while back and he said I would be getting that on my .260 build. Now I really can't wait. I will have to call him when I am in LA two weeks from now. Thanks for the pics.

Jamie

That second picture is actually a pretty good representation of what TacOps Green-T really looks like. Good, deep, matte green.

Sweet rig.

Great looking rifle chubby! Glad your ok. That's almost one of those where you would rather get a little banged up versus the rifle. There's no doubt about Mike's customer service and reputation.

I wonder if my Tango will come with the new bottom metal?

Hmmm... New ideas for my next Tac Ops build...

Nice Rig!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rasheed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm... New ideas for my next Tac Ops build...

Nice Rig! </div></div>

Hey, mister! You owe us more range reports remember....
smile.gif

Hey rasheed,

How about a Tac Ops Green Hornet? That way you can make Event Horizon jealous. Also, order a couple of Ti suppressors, that make Event Horizon even more jealous
wink.gif

Jamie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey rasheed,

How about a Tac Ops Green Hornet? That way you can make Event Horizon jealous. Also, order a couple of Ti suppressors, that make Event Horizon even more jealous
wink.gif

Jamie </div></div>

What the...!?!

Well I tell you what, if a couple if things go my way over the next few months I'll be putting in a order for an Alpha-66 .300WM. Then we can talk jealousy and stuff...

I would love to be able to get my boy a Green Hornet with the integral suppressor. Hopefully things will have changed for the better in CA by the time he's old enough...

But yeah, Ti suppressors.... nice.

<<sniff>>

I love the bottom metal. The knurled/texturized tape like stuff on the stock looks as if they used wrinkled electrical tape on it. Other than that, the rifle looks good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey rasheed,

wink.gif

Jamie </div></div>

What the...!?!

Well I tell you what, if a couple if things go my way over the next few months I'll be putting in a order for an Alpha-66 .300WM. Then we can talk jealousy and stuff...

I would love to be able to get my boy a Green Hornet with the integral suppressor. Hopefully things will have changed for the better in CA by the time he's old enough...

But yeah, Ti suppressors.... nice.

<<sniff>> </div></div>

I just have to do the paper work; deal with a little more of waiting and I'll have my Ti suppressors. Also, Mike is making me a Green Hornet and I am just waiting for the call for my .260
smile.gif

Jamie

Am I the only one that got my Ti suppressor before the gun? I got it about two weeks ago. It's made waiting for the gun almost unbearable. At least with the gun you can still shoot. I have a suppressor just sitting hear being looked at because I dont have anything else threaded to put it on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagayos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the bottom metal. The knurled/texturized tape like stuff on the stock looks as if they used wrinkled electrical tape on it. Other than that, the rifle looks good. </div></div>

I have to say, that was one of the things that turned me off when I first saw the pics of these rifles. But in actuality, it doesn't look nearly as bright and shiny and obvious in the normal light of day and they give you great grip on the rifle. Your hand doesn't slip and slide as you get sweatier.

It is odd, TacOps are probably one of the best looking rifles on the market that are not so easy to photograph.

Bala - I feel your pain. I got a Hensoldt ages ago for a good deal and I've been itching for a rifle to put it on. I've been making do with the K-31 and occasionally mounting it on a CZ452. $3k worth of scope on a $400 rifle.... yeah...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Balataspin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that got my Ti suppressor before the gun? I got it about two weeks ago. It's made waiting for the gun almost unbearable. At least with the gun you can still shoot. I have a suppressor just sitting hear being looked at because I dont have anything else threaded to put it on. </div></div>

Nope. I technically got the suppressor first. BUT I'm still waiting for the paperwork to clear.

I got my rifles first. This is because I ordered the suppressors at a later time.

Jamie

Proud owner of:
Tac Ops Delta 55
Tac Ops Echo 51
Two Tac Ops Ti suppressors
Soon to have Tac Ops Tango .260 and a Green Hornet

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Balataspin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that got my Ti suppressor before the gun? I got it about two weeks ago. It's made waiting for the gun almost unbearable. At least with the gun you can still shoot. I have a suppressor just sitting hear being looked at because I dont have anything else threaded to put it on. </div></div>

Nope. I technically got the suppressor first. BUT I'm still waiting for the paperwork to clear.</div></div>
Carter Mayfield said:
Balataspin said:
I guess if were talking technically I ordered them both at the same time. I knew I would be in this boat but it doesn't make it easier.

I will say it's nice having something come through the pipe line that way you know progress is being made and that it is not just a dream.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagayos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the bottom metal. The knurled/texturized tape like stuff on the stock looks as if they used wrinkled electrical tape on it. Other than that, the rifle looks good. </div></div>

I have to say, that was one of the things that turned me off when I first saw the pics of these rifles. But in actuality, it doesn't look nearly as bright and shiny and obvious in the normal light of day and they give you great grip on the rifle. Your hand doesn't slip and slide as you get sweatier.

It is odd, TacOps are probably one of the best looking rifles on the market that are not so easy to photograph.

Bala - I feel your pain. I got a Hensoldt ages ago for a good deal and I've been itching for a rifle to put it on. I've been making do with the K-31 and occasionally mounting it on a CZ452. $3k worth of scope on a $400 rifle.... yeah...</div></div>

Sounds alot like me. I'm running a nightforce F1 on a H&R .308. Thats about a 250 dollar gun. I will say its pretty amazing what that little production line gun can do. At least to me....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my rifles first. This is because I ordered the suppressors at a later time.

Jamie

Proud owner of:
Tac Ops Delta 55
Tac Ops Echo 51
</div></div>

I'm in a conference call and I just saw this post. Jamie....

<span style="font-size: 8pt"><span style="color: #CC0000">I hate you</span></span>

Looks awesome brother. Congrats!

Sorry I missed you at Mike's house. I was there a few weeks before you, but rest assured, we went to dinner and talked shit about you Aussies. lol

D

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my rifles first. This is because I ordered the suppressors at a later time.

Jamie

Proud owner of:
Tac Ops Delta 55
Tac Ops Echo 51
</div></div>

<span style="font-size: 8pt"><span style="color: #CC0000">I hate you</span></span>
</div></div>

Don't be hating; just go an order that Alpha 66, you'll feel better.

Jamie

P.S.- to bad you can't have a suppressor on that Alpha 66 or your TAngo 51
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my rifles first. This is because I ordered the suppressors at a later time.

Jamie

Proud owner of:
Tac Ops Delta 55
Tac Ops Echo 51
</div></div>

</div></div>

Don't be hating; just go an order that Alpha 66, you'll feel better.

Jamie

P.S.- to bad you can't have a suppressor on that Alpha 66 or your TAngo 51
wink.gif

</div></div>

I can't win this one. I'll have to console myself with going surfing in Malibu later next week before work or skiing in Mammoth next weekend. Damn you Jamie...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
...P.S.- to bad you can't have a suppressor on that Alpha 66 or your TAngo 51
wink.gif

</div></div>
Jamie, <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> is low!

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
...P.S.- to bad you can't have a suppressor on that Alpha 66 or your TAngo 51
wink.gif

</div></div>
Jamie, <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> is low!

Keith </div></div>

Ol' EH is getting beat up all over the place... I called him yesterday to rub in the fact that my new 300 WM suppressor cleared and I was going to pick it up...

I want a Green Hornet myself...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Suppressors are for sissies. Everyone knows that...</div></div>
Bijan, I could not agree with you more
laugh.gif

(notice my location)

And yet my rifle is coming with a threaded barrel... wishful thinking, I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Suppressors are for sissies. Everyone knows that...</div></div>
Bijan, I could not agree with you more
laugh.gif

(notice my location)

And yet my rifle is coming with a threaded barrel... wishful thinking, I guess. </div></div>

lol - mine too!

I have faith in the voting process...

yeah, the joke's on us...

Sorry I missed this all day. I was at the range working on load development. Hey EH you long board? I am just guessing, since you mentioned Malibu. If not and you short board; you should go to little pipe or tables. There just a little farther north; not as far as county line.

Jamie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: medic103</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awesome brother. Congrats!

Sorry I missed you at Mike's house. I was there a few weeks before you, but rest assured, we went to dinner and talked shit about you Aussies. lol

D
</div></div>

I expect nothing less
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry I missed this all day. I was at the range working on load development. Hey EH you long board? I am just guessing, since you mentioned Malibu. If not and you short board; you should go to little pipe or tables. There just a little farther north; not as far as county line.

Jamie
</div></div>

I'm strictly long board. When I get to 180lbs then I'll consider going with a shorter stick but right now, at my skill level, my long board is all I need.

Hey, post some pics of your rifles dude! Have you taken yours out to any long ranges?

I have taken them out to a 1000 yards at CKA's private range. All steal targets; no paper. To tell you the truth I got tired of shooting groups with Mike's rifles. As I told Mike, it just gets boring. It's a lot more fun trying to figure out the swirling wind at CKA's range. I am still working on the perfect load with A Max 178s, once I get I'll pass it onto you.

Jamie

I can attest to the fact you really cant appreciate the Tac Ops Birdsong color until you actually see it in person. I bought a NF Unimount from Aries 64 coated in the Birdsong, freaking beautiful and to think I didnt want it at first because of the color. After seeing this post I want a Tac Ops worked rifle real bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have taken them out to a 1000 yards at CKA's private range. All steal targets; no paper. To tell you the truth I got tired of shooting groups with Mike's rifles. As I told Mike, it just gets boring. It's a lot more fun trying to figure out the swirling wind at CKA's range. I am still working on the perfect load with A Max 178s, once I get I'll pass it onto you.

Jamie </div></div>

That would be great. Once Mike gives me the heads up on the rifle being at Birdsong's then I'm going to get some steel from BigDog and head out to the desert and do pretty much the same thing. Did you ever go shooting in the desert in CA?

No, I didn't. I had directions to some places to go. However, since the move I got rid of them. Burro canyon goes out to 500 yards and the wind is very challenging at the 500 yard range. Also, you'll be the only one on the 500 range as no one else shoots that far there. Sorry, I got rid of the directions I would have passed them on. By the way Angeles Range may go out farther than Burro Canyon, but it is less challenging as far as the wind goes.

Jamie

The wind at Angeles is 90% tailwind and occasionally going from 7 to 1 o clock. No worries, I'll just go to sparsely population areas where gun shots are no big deal... Palmdale.

Is Burro the same as West End Gun Club?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The wind at Angeles is 90% tailwind and occasionally going from 7 to 1 o clock. No worries, I'll just go to sparsely population areas where gun shots are no big deal... Palmdale.

Is Burro the same as West End Gun Club? </div></div>

Burro is different.......http://www.burrocanyon.com/index.shtml

Jamie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I can attest to the fact you really cant appreciate the Tac Ops Birdsong color until you actually see it in person. I bought a NF Unimount from Aries 64 coated in the Birdsong, freaking beautiful and to think I didnt want it at first because of the color.</div></div>
Mike, funny you should say that. The <span style="font-style: italic">"Tac Ops OD"</span> Green-T (the Birdsong finish that the NF Unimount you bought from me is coated in) is my favorite, and is now exclusive to Tac Ops rifles and and other work contracted through Tac Ops.

A long time ago, the late Walter Birdsong and Walter's son (Wally) decided to give Tac Op's <span style="font-style: italic">Exclusive Use</span> rights for the OD Green-T finish. This was a result of a mutual respect and very close business relationship developed over 20 years between Tac Ops and Birdsong while thousands of Tac Ops rifles were coated.

There is, of course, another formulation of Green-T that is just as beautiful but is slightly more brownish than Tac Ops OD Green-T. It is called <span style="font-style: italic">"Naval Special Warfare"</span>. NSW is the formulation of Green-T that is applied to to non-Tac Ops work sent in for Green-T coating. I have a Sig P228 coated in NSW - it is gorgeous to look at and very smooth to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> After seeing this post I want a Tac Ops worked rifle real bad. </div></div>
Do it Mike - call Mike Rescigno at Tac Ops and have a conversation with him. Mike Rescigno is a very personable guy, and he will take his time to help you figure-out which Tac Ops rifle and option best suit your shooting style and useage. Whatever you get, it will be well worth the wait.

Keith

I am very envious! I want a Tac-Ops so bad. Its on my list of rifles I have to have (very top).

I am thinking next year (or late this year) I will break down and make a call.

Whit, not that Mike needs anyone drumming up business for him but I would not delay. This time of year is his best for taking civvie orders and the rest is spent ordering components etc. Give him a call and he will work with you on getting things going and you'll get in with the first wave. He only gets busier as the year goes on.

What are you thinking of getting?

I concur. If you are saving up, get the money down now and by the time the rifle is delivered, you should be able to get the other half saved up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The wind at Angeles is 90% tailwind and occasionally going from 7 to 1 o clock. No worries, I'll just go to sparsely population areas where gun shots are no big deal... Palmdale.</div></div>
<span style="font-style: italic">"90% tailwind and occasionally going from 7 to 1 o clock"</span> isn't really an accurate statement for ASR. More like 60% tailwind with the other 40% varying split around the clock. Always been that way and I've been shooting at ASR since the early 90s'. I do love the usually moderate wind at ASR and the ease with with it allows accuracy testing but it does tend to spoil you. It also makes learning the wind a lot more difficult. If you want challenging wind, West End Gun Club has very "swirly" and deceptive wind that is totally different from ASR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is Burro the same as West End Gun Club? </div></div>
As <span style="font-style: italic">Jamie</span> said and linked you to, Burro Canyon is different. I've been there several times and I hate it. There are too many "blasters" for my liking, and ASR is half the driving time for me, is a better range, and you can shoot farther. If I'm going to drive 40+ minutes to shoot there has to be an incentive for me.

West End Gun Club is worth the drive for the bi-monthly F-CLASS matches. As I said above, the wind is very different from ASR and watching the trees and brush as wind indicators is tricky because there are various eddies that swirl around in the small canyons between the firing position and the targets that aren't readily apparent to the eye. The shooting postions and targets are also elevated, which may also skew wind readings at the firing position.

The F-CLASS matches at West End are a lot of fun, even though there is no "breakout" between the F-OPEN and F-T/R guns. You'll have to come out with <span style="font-style: italic">MicronuT</span> and I when you guys get your respective Tac Ops rifles.

Keith

The pics are not showing up on my computer....