• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TacOps Tango-51 + 3 Gold Medals in Police Olympics

EventHorizon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2009
NC
I got the call from Mike that my Tango was about done
grin.gif
and thought I need to see what's going on in the shop just to tide me over the last few days before I take delivery.

Amongst the various new rifles going out there were many service rifles coming in for upkeep and re-barreling. He was opening one of these cases and I noticed the following news clippings:

This is the wife of Neil Morris, Elizabeth who won three gold medals in Texas Police Olympics with her TacOps in the bolt rifle category! It was her rifle in the case that was due for some love and attention from Mike and she'd sent them in for Mike's own keepsake.

photomedals-1.jpg

Part of the course of fire was a 200yd cold bore shot and here it is...

target200yds.jpg

As far as I know it, most smiths place anywhere form 50 to 75ft-lbs of torque on their barrel to receiver fits and benchresters like theirs to be hand tight. TacOps take the opposite view and they put on a special barrel to receiver fit using well over 200ft-lb! This helps the police snipers place that first crucial shot where it counts in the medulla oblongata.

For those of us (me) who don't know who Neil Morris is, it seems he taught Chuck Norris how to be a man...

Neil Morris, USMC Master Sniper (ret.)

Re: TacOps Tango-51 + 3 Gold Medals in Police Olympics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As far as I know it, most smiths place anywhere form 50 to 75ft-lbs of torque on their barrel to receiver fits and benchresters like theirs to be hand tight. TacOps take the opposite view and they put on a special barrel to receiver fit using well over 200ft-lb! This helps the police snipers place that first crucial shot where it counts in the medulla oblongata. </div></div>

i know that mike is getting the results he is after and i won't question his results but this paragraph makes me laugh.

I agree with the chuckle
smile.gif
Perhaps we can change it to ocular cavity or cranial lobe to stop the imminent threat...

I do know that my cold bore and subsequent shots have the same POI with the Tac Ops. Why, I don't know. I don't go firing it like a machine gun though. I'll bring it up on Sunday if you would like to give it a run.

Here is a 200yd group with it with factory FGMM 168's. I took it out for practice on Monday and did pretty much the same on an anatomical target.
Now if I could just read the wind worth a dam...

IMG_0318.jpg

Congratulations on the 3 Gold Medals.

Reading this coming from Neil Morris himself is really impressive:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Neil Morris: The entire spectrum of weapons and equipment has improved. The example would be the Tango 51S that we used during the LASD SEB course. Students (with Tango 51S) were actually able to engage moving targets from the unsupported kneeling position with the same accuracy as shooters that were firing unsuppressed weapons in the supported prone. That was a major breakthrough. The quality of the weapon and the accuracy spoke for themselves. It was an amazing thing for me to watch brand new students being able to shoot moving targets from the sitting or the kneeling as well as other snipers shooting from the supported prone.

</div></div>

Most of us also know however that its the person pulling the trigger that is just as important as the rifle itself... but hey, it is a TacOps afterall
wink.gif

Thanks for the post, EH. Screw you for getting a Tango before me!

I hope you shoot as well as it does. And if not, you can always send it to me!

EventHorizon said:
I got the call from Mike that my Tango was about done
grin.gif

Not sure if I am in front of you or behind you but I have got to be close.

Great read on Neil Morris and his company. Man I think I have read that like 3 times. Good Stuff!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the post, EH. Screw you for getting a Tango before me!

I hope you shoot as well as it does. And if not, you can always send it to me! </div></div>

I hope I get to shoot my CZ452 .22LR as well as you shoot your .22s! I don't know about sending you the rifle, but I'll certainly be open to any tips you might have!

ShooterMcG, I'll be posting pics alright. Soon as I get it to the range I'm going to try my hand at a few of the Dot Drill sheets and post those up. I think I'll keep doing those drills regularly to track progress.

As for shooting groups, I have a 3-12 FFP mil-dot scope which isn't conducive to itty bitty groups (not my present skill level anyway). Once I get the 8-32 SFP then I'll give it a go.

Hurry up Birdsong! I need my Tango!

Very impressive cold bore shot.

I am pretty sure that is a mm or 2 to the right. She needs to work on her wind read:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am pretty sure that is a mm or 2 to the right. She needs to work on her wind read:) </div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic">you</span> tell her that... let us know how it works out... lol

Thank you mate, When I have it, I'll give you a heads up when I'm over to Angeles or over your way perhaps.

That is definitely super shooting. 200 yard cold bore shot almost <span style="font-style: italic">exactly</span> dead center. You gotta hand it to Liz Morris - like Neil, shes' got skills.

I wish I could read wind that well - <span style="font-style: italic">don't we all?</span>

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benfur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish I could get a tango 51 someday maybe </div></div>

Call Mike, work something out. You only live once... Between the initial deposit and time to delivery you'll have time to save up for it.

Now that I finally have a Tango, I can tell you - you will never, ever, question why you got it. You will wonder why you waited so long to do it though! Now if my Form 4 would just go through so I can pick up my Tac Ops Titanium can.......

+1 on the call to Mike, he will answer any questions you have and help you out anyway he can - great guy.

Yeah! Call Mike, he will take care of you, at minimum answer all your questions.

She is an incredible shooter! It looks like she has the right equipment to get the job done too.

Reading about Master Sergeant Morris is really inspiring. There are very few and far between who are true legends of their craft.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am pretty sure that is a mm or 2 to the right. She needs to work on her wind read:) </div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic">you</span> tell her that... let us know how it works out... lol </div></div>

I just found this thread by accident... I told her she was off and I am still alive. The orginal pics are down now but I would like to see them if anyone has them.

I'll see what I can do, didn't realize they'd been taken down.

Thank you. Did you ever get your Tango? How you liking it? I was thinking about getting a Tac Ops bag for my rifle, you have one of those? Worth it?

TacOps bag is first class. I don't have one of the recent gen's but I've not felt any shortcomings with the two that I have. Well worth the money and others here have said they're the best on the market.

Haven't gotten the rifle yet as there was a hold up in part of the supply chain. Had a chat with Mike yesterday and he said he's at the bedding/trigger job stage so once he gets a chance to test fire it then it'll be here.

I have fired a number of his rifles though - other Tango's and Aries64's X-Ray and they're perfect rifles.

I shot the rifle that you saw in the shop with the pictures once. It is slick I must say. I ended up with a M40A1 buy GAP on a take off stock. That doesn't mean I wont ever end up buying a Tac Ops rifle though. I wouldn't mind having one of the little supressed 22s they make. The green hornet? something like that I wonder how much those cost. That might be the next thing on my need/want list.