• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TacSol with suppressor

Rogue111

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2012
Overland Park, KS
Hey guys, I'm in the process of putting together a 10/22 & I am looking hard into the TacSol 16" fluted barrel & plan on running a suppressor. I have read it is not a good idea to suppress the available aftermarket tensioned barrels. Can anyone confirm this or have any experiences with the TacSol aluminum barrels? Any recommendations/insight is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

I have this setup and it works great for me. 10/22Tactical Solutions aluminum fluted barrel, Silencerco Sparrow. No poi shift, nice fitting threads and outstanding performance.

Last edited:
I've put about 300 rounds through my Tac-Sol barrel with a Sparrow on the end and haven't run into any issues.

Put one together for the good lady to use with my Outback II. The green tacsol fluted aluminum barrel. The can gets swapped back and forth a couple times a month for my walther p22. Several thousand rounds through both and no issues at all. Many a crow has fallen from my crow caller and a cci sub up the ass.

Cheers,
Breeze

Tactical Solutions makes high quality stuff. My Pac-lite, SB-X and standard TacSol barrels are finely crafted and work flawlessly, suppressed and unsuppressed. I have very very minimal POI changes if any at all. I have not ever heard of problems until I just read DFOO's post.

Well, what did you end up getting?

I actually ended up deciding to to go with KIDD barreled action that was on sale & am in the process of inletting a TacSol Vantage stock for the rear tang. Once that's all bedded up I should be up and running. I'm looking into getting the highly recommended Mueller APT & should be good to go. I really appreciate your guys imput!