• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical Adjustable Lever Clamp

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    So the Tactical Tripod is moving forward with some minor changes, but in the meantime, they have the new clamping system which can be added to bipods and the like.

RMTSAdjustableLerverClamp_1080x.png

lighter

lighter

You can view them here, thehidetripod.com

Looks nice, but I don’t think it’s fair to rrs that they list this rrs clamp for 244 bucks. That’s just not true.

I did not write copy, I am just passing it on, it's an option use whatever option you want

I have RRS stuff on my rifle, that is pretty clear, they are in every picture. Do I have some like illustrated, yes, did I spend the amount of money listed, no.

Maybe you can get a job proofreading and fact-checking all the gun industry advertising out there. I am sure nobody else in advertising uses extreme examples, you can call, the number is listed and explain your displeasure with it

Last edited:
    Reactions: kriller134
    They are actually going for the whole "Lower Carbon Emissions" as something that we would actually care about in buying it?
    Seems like somebody there is busy virtue signalling.

I think the same plate is being used for the tripod so they just left the level

I said the same thing but got off it quickly, me & levels are not fans, but it's not my fight

it does appear the RRS prices changed, as they had a receipt from MHSA for the listed price, I just showed him links and he is adjusting as I do believe things changed

if they want to green more power to them, they work out of Denver, we are pretty green area.

They are actually going for the whole "Lower Carbon Emissions" as something that we would actually care about in buying it?
    Seems like somebody there is busy virtue signalling.

You haven't been around Colorado, specifically Denver, lately, have you? Let's just say Denver and Boulder are trying to give San Francisco and Berkeley a run for their money. Denver is the tail that wags the dog.

It doesn’t appear they are using the RRS dovetail standard. That’s a bummer.

but what I do like is it seems to be slimmer if that makes sense. One of my biggest complaints about using the RRS plates is it always puts so much distance between the handguard or forend and the bipod.

Do people have problems with their tripod levers getting snagged and coming open?

I think the same plate is being used for the tripod so they just left the level

I said the same thing but got off it quickly, me & levels are not fans, but it's not my fight

My first thought was "why are they waiting their time on that level"
    Even if they are using it for a head I would rather have the level on the pod. I want the tripod yoke/base level, I'm going to move the rifle/camera around so haveing the level on the clamp is just useless all round. Also in their own photos the only person that would know that bipod/rifle is level is who ever is in front of the rifle...
    but that said it fills a void and is far more elegant than the RRS setup.
    honestly they get rid of the level to lower the price they could really under cut RRS and I could see photographers also jumping on board. lets just say there are a bunch of adjustable arca clamps in the 60-70$ range.

dude its adjustable so it dosen't matter what plate you are using..... RRS is the annoying one since they are 1mm under the standrad ARCA plate.

A level by itself is like $6, maybe they save time by not machining a space for it.

I doubt that will lower the price much, maybe if they cut it out completely, but they have their own ideas what to do, far from me to tell them. I made the suggestion, after that, the ball is in their court. People love their levels.

ya the plate was adjustable because they found most of the products they bought to test were not to the RRS Standard, the industry is just all over the place. The fact they are buying stuff, and checking, I think they opted to stay in the middle.

I would rather everyone in this industry use the RRS standard, but since it didn't start that way, not much we can do.

but what I do like is it seems to be slimmer if that makes sense. One of my biggest complaints about using the RRS plates is it always puts so much distance between the handguard or forend and the bipod.
    I had the very same thought