• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Tactical Bolt Knob Install Questions....?

xXlojackXx

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 30, 2011
    Washington state
    So I'm looking/wanting to throw some bolt knobs on my A3G and A5M, but theres quite a few options out there, it seems. Does anyone have some words of wisdom on what they have liked or didn't like for bolt knobs? Also, is there any DIY kits or anyone that is known for doing a good lathe job threading the new knobs on? Any input is appreciated.

Re: Tactical Bolt Knob Install Questions....?

Wow, nice job. I just ordered some from midway. Thanks for the insight on how to get it done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have done several like this and they worked out just fine.
    http://www.700rifle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=372
    Someone here was selling bolt knobs similar to the Badger for $10 each so I bought 10.
    Pretty simple </div></div>

I've done a few like that. Good enough for me. I've also rounded out the corners a little on this one that I'm going to have coated.

005-1.jpg

The 700's appear to be a little easier IMO just because the knob lever is rectangular. I'm just kind of torn between doing my own SPR or sending it out because i've heard the FN levers are hardened? Anybody done an FN before?

Did my a3g this way. Turned out great and only took about 45 mins. Thanks again.