• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fieldcraft Tactical Concealment to be used in my classes

Re: Tactical Concealment to be used in my classes

One thing we have here in North Florida is Palmettos...
DSC02436.jpg

DSC02437.jpg

As you can see... when worn by someone that understands how to use concealment, the Cobra Hood is a viable alternative for Law Enforcement... or anyone that does not need a fully garnished traditional military style ghillie.

I will update this thread as I go through my training with this suit. So far, it's money WELL spent.

Cheers,

DMack

Mike and TC are very generous and make an outstanding product. I was given a Cobra and a Viper by Mike to T&E a couple years ago and have used the hell out of both of them. I wouldn't trade'em for anything.

Like DMack alluded to, they're light, strong and PACKABLE.

When I really have to stalk in somewhere where I need 360-deg concealment, I wear the full Ghillie that Sierra Whiskey built me; but if our target is 12 0'clock only, the TC hoods always get the nod. They're just too damn handy. Hell, even when I wear Scott's full Ghillie, I have my Viper in an REI stuff-sack in my pack--not because I'll necessarily NEED it, but because it's so damn light and compressible that there's no real need to ever take it outta my pack. My boonie veil takes up more space than that thing does.

Right tool/Right time.

Good review, DMack.

S1

Outstand review!!! Thanks

Very nice. What is the total cost to put this together?

Brother... I don't get involved with pricing. If I were you, I would call Mike up and talk to him about your needs. He does MIL/LEO pricing, and can quote you on the spot.

Cheers!

DMack

Thanks DMack. I'll get in touch with Mike. Stay safe brother.

Guys,

I have been out of the loop the last few weeks. I seen this system back in the start of Nov.

for what I do at work, its the ticket. We use camouflage to defeat visual, thermal and systemic systems all the time. This system will work for two out of the three at distance and close range on 2 out of the three again, just visual is the only constant.

What I like about this is the ability to un ass it in a hurry. I had some friends of mine get 2nd degree burns from a (military) style suit three weeks ago.

So this kit not only works but is honestly safer then a full g suit if you deal with demo, pyro, smoke and all that.

Some points to think about.

John

Nicely done. I have a cobra hood already en route from Tactical concealment. Looks like I made the right choice.

You're absolutely right about the unsuitability of military type ghillie suits for LE Snipers. I made my first ghillie from scratch: I used an OD flight suit (always go a size OR TWO bigger!), netting, canvas, etc., and followed the Marine Corps recipe. I ended up with a phenomenal suit for Red Dawn, but completely wrong for LE sniping. For one thing, my full suit is hot as balls 10 months out of the year here in south Florida, even with a back vent.

(I know, everyone thinks south Florida is all concrete and beaches. No one realizes that the hood is full of overgrown lots, and the nicer homes all have some sort of foliage you can blend with. I get more use out of my ghillie than even I expected. But I digress...)

Second, there are only a few pockets to store gear. I really had to be selective in what I would take on a Callout: spare mag, radio, range finder, notepad/pencil, sub-compact side arm, quik-clot; that's it.

This cobra setup should really do the trick, if your experience is any indicator. I'll still be able to wear and access my vest, and throwing my gunslinger bag on shouldn't be a problem. Also, it should be small enough to pack in that bag for the "aw sh*t why didn't I ghillie up" moments!

Making that first suit is still an experience I would do again. You really can't underestimate the experience gained from dyeing and re-dyeing to get the color just right, experimenting with loose jute and strips of burlap (I prefer the latter), and just learning the art of concealment first hand. It is a right of passage for a reason, and today it seems too many people are using the easy button -- buying a ready made suit -- without the appreciation of what it takes to really get it right.

Thanks for this thread. I hope to contribute my own work soon!

-Geoff
если не я, то кто?
(If not me, then who?)

A suit that is hot is no good in humid areas like were i live, VA humidity in the summer can stay in the 90s for weeks. It's hard to find material that will not cook you even in the shade it can be 100+, so heat stroke is not far off under these conditions.

Update:

I have been using this Cobra Hood for a while now, and I am absolutely pleased with it. I have also loaned it out to various Sniper Teams in my area, and all that have used it have commented on how they want to purchase one for themselves.

Is it perfect? Well, no. There are a few things that I don't care for, but those things are minute, and picky.

I had to use Krylon on the back side (non garnish side) of the back drape. The MULTI-CAM pattern was not printed on the back side of the drape. As it came out of the box, I didn't notice how bright it was. But, running some stalks, I was able to see that part on the shooter.

I dulled it down with Krylon, and it is working well now. The garnish attachment points are holding up superbly. The entire material it is made of, is wearing very well... and looks almost brand new.

The ATACS pattern Cobra Hood (made with the mosquito netting) is still in the possession of one of the local Sheriff's Office Shooters... he has been using it on actual Street Crime Surveillance, and has fallen in love with it.

I don't know if I will be able to ever get it back from him.

So, if you are looking for a nice, base garment to make a frontal concealment rig with, this Tactical Concealment Cobra / Viper Hood is a great choice. It is not a full concealment suit, and it is very cool and comfortable to wear.

Be safe out there.

v/r

DMack

So I realize this thread is a bit old but I have read through the couple of threads about Tactical Concealment and ordered from them this week. I have a school coming up and do not have time to construct my own for various reasons including taking the kids on vacation the week before. I've read the reviews and I know they make a hell of a product but their customer service is also outstanding. They even called me up and offered me an upgrade because a military order had come in that took precedence over my LE order. Got no problem with that and they were great about it by offering me a nicer mesh model, which is what I had wanted, in multicam for the same price. Great people and I'm sure its going to be a great product.