• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical Knee & Elbow Pads

l115a3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2010
Texas
Anyone have an experienced with these brand? Please give some advice to purchase a set for my tactical shooting.

U.S. Tactical Supply
Hatch
Blackhawk
Damascus
HWI
Alta
Xtak
CED

Re: Tactical Knee & Elbow Pads

Tag

Looking for a set to do yard work in as well
sick.gif

Looking forward to responses.

Pat

I bought a set of knee pads from Airsoft Atlanta a while back, I cant remember what brand they are but they have held up quit well to the use and abuse I have put them thru during various carbine courses and matches where kneeling and sliding into position is necessary. I think they were areound 30 bucks or so.

I am currently using the Alta's.

I am looking for a set of like neoprene elbow pads as they dont usually take as much abuse as the knee pads do. Any knee pad that I have run has some form of plastic "knee cap" if you want to call it that.

I currently use Hatch Shooting glove. It's the best shooting glove!!!

But some of my friend recommend to try Damascus Knee pads.

Go to home depot or something similar. Will get a great kneepad at a lot lower the cost because it doesn't have tactical on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go to home depot or something similar. Will get a great kneepad at a lot lower the cost because it doesn't have tactical on it. </div></div>

My sister ask me to use Adidas or Nike.

Very impressive with her advice 555

My brother uses Crye Precision knee-elbow pads. He loves em. But then again the US gov is paying for them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 700 XCR Compact</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go to home depot or something similar. Will get a great kneepad at a lot lower the cost because it doesn't have tactical on it. </div></div>

Very impressive with her advice 555 </div></div>
+1 on the Home Depot/Lowes/etc recommendation you can at least try'm an see if you like'm/fit.
NOW ON the other hand....your sister has a working knowledge of kneepads? Hmmmmm

Sorry couldnt resist that last part

Forgot something, I have heard rave reviews for Arcteryx kneepads. Never tried them but anyone that has had them whether for military or outdoor stuff says they rule.

I tried a few different sets of kneepads when I was on entry, but when I tried the xtak I was sold, they fit me perfectly and work great. Not too expensive either. between 15-20 bucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spswatip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried a few different sets of kneepads when I was on entry, but when I tried the xtak I was sold, they fit me perfectly and work great. Not too expensive either. between 15-20 bucks.
</div></div>
+1. They work well for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spswatip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried a few different sets of kneepads when I was on entry, but when I tried the xtak I was sold, they fit me perfectly and work great. Not too expensive either. between 15-20 bucks.
</div></div>

I ended up going with the Hatch Xtak also, after trying a few different brands.

Pro-Tec pads made for skating and snowboarding works well for me, and reasonably priced.

Alta Superflex. Not only are the comfortable, but they have never slipped on me. Best set of knee pads I ever bought.

Those storm trooper knee pads Rifles Only sells are pretty dam good, I wish I had a set, I'm using Altas right now, and I use Hellstorm soft elbow pads

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those storm trooper knee pads Rifles Only sells are pretty dam good, </div></div>

I don't see a "Storm Trooper" brand of knee pads in google
grin.gif

What brand are they?

Off to surf the web and compare the options listed to date.

Pat

I have a set of hard faced knee pads one of the other guys on my team gave me. I use them on entries because taking a knee in the inner city carries some profound hazards. Kneeling on a .45ACP case at the range can also ruin your afternoon.

I don't use knee pads for the vast majority of my precision shooting. I also do not use elbow pads. I don't like how they tend to squirm around. The soft neoprene type may work better, but I have not given them a shot.

I do carry a cheap set of soft volleyball type knee pads in my ruck just in case.

Nope... She just kidding. She don't know anything about shooting. She was shopaholic!!! Never interest in sport.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 700 XCR Compact</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go to home depot or something similar. Will get a great kneepad at a lot lower the cost because it doesn't have tactical on it. </div></div>

Very impressive with her advice 555 </div></div>
+1 on the Home Depot/Lowes/etc recommendation you can at least try'm an see if you like'm/fit.
NOW ON the other hand....your sister has a working knowledge of kneepads? Hmmmmm

Sorry couldnt resist that last part </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spswatip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried a few different sets of kneepads when I was on entry, but when I tried the xtak I was sold, they fit me perfectly and work great. Not too expensive either. between 15-20 bucks.
</div></div>

I ended up going with the Hatch Xtak also, after trying a few different brands. </div></div>

How about their quality and comfortable?

I tried a bunch of knee pads and they are always uncomfortable and or to tight.

We switched to the woolrich elite series of pants where you can insert the knee pads in and take them out and they not only provide great knee protection, the pants fit great and are confortable they give your knees the protection you will want.

I wear 5.11's on duty and they have the knee pad option. I took them out after the first day. I really disliked riding in the car with those pads in.

If I can locate the pads I may give them another shot.

I used Blackhawk kneepads on my first deployment. They're probably the best product I've used from Blackhawk (and the only one that survived more than a couple of months). I generally hate Blackhawk's stuff, because everything I've used has fallen apart on me way too soon, but the kneepads were pretty decent. They did tend to move around if you were moving a lot, I actually had better luck with keeping them in place if I wore them upside down because of the taper. Definitely wouldn't suggest them if you plan to spend a lot of time in the kneeling though, I even put an extra piece of foam in them for more padding and my knees would kill me if I had to kneel behind a wall on an OP or anything for extended periods.

hey bud I actually have a brand new set of Knee and elbow pads in Tan, I was going to list em tomorrow for dirt cheap, if ya want em let me know.
30$ for the set.
Pm me if interested.

+1 for Crye Precision. The knee pads and elbow pads insert into the shirt and pants. They have an exposed hard plastic non-skid surface. Never have to worry about them falling off or rolling. A little pricey but worth the money.

maybe dumb question but wouldnt rice paddy crouch be just as stable as kneeling without all the associated hazard and requirement for knee pads? not only that but it offers the shooter two points of knee to elbow contact rather than just one for better stability. just a thought from an admittedly not tacticool civilian.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">maybe dumb question but wouldnt rice paddy crouch be just as stable as kneeling without all the associated hazard and requirement for knee pads? not only that but it offers the shooter two points of knee to elbow contact rather than just one for better stability. just a thought from an admittedly not tacticool civilian. </div></div>

No, while the rice paddy squat is a useful technique, especially for carbine shooting, it does not offer anywhere near the stability of traditional kneeling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a set of hard faced knee pads one of the other guys on my team gave me. I use them on entries because taking a knee in the inner city carries some profound hazards. Kneeling on a .45ACP case at the range can also ruin your afternoon.

I don't use knee pads for the vast majority of my precision shooting. I also do not use elbow pads. I don't like how they tend to squirm around. The soft neoprene type may work better, but I have not given them a shot.

I do carry a cheap set of soft volleyball type knee pads in my ruck just in case. </div></div>

I agree that the soft (sports) type elbow pads are the way to go.

What Nomad said. Woolrich Elite with neoprene (?) inserts. Provide adequate protection, stay in place, don't bind or cut circulation. I started wearing them when I'm pounding nails, too. Next best are volleyball knee pads, with a little 100 mph tape.

MEDIC !!!!!! MAN DOWN !!!!! T1 CAVESAC...er no, I'er grazed my knee er

The only legitimate reason for acquiring knee pads is as a gift for the missis to stop her whining about carpet burns !

I want a "tactical" Ass Pad. Ever hunt antilope in Wyoming. Do to the grasses and sage brush, sitting positions work better then prone...........I'm forever setting on cactus.

Really what advantage is the so called "tactical" elbow and knee pads have over the ones we buy at sporting goods stores designed for volleyball and such.

I first went to knee/elbow pads when I started shooting 1000 yard matchs at 29 Palms. The marines like to pave their firing lines and shooting a heavy 300 WM tends to dig you elbows and knees into the blacktop. The modist cost regular pads worked pretty dern good. Even in the gravel firing lines I've used.

They even come in black, the last pair I bought for my granddaugher's vollyball playing, were black.