• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical sock identification

Animal357

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Aug 18, 2020
    A tac sock manufacturer gave a set away. I like them, but I have no idea who made them. Can anyone identify them by the markings?

IMG_5956.jpg

Looks to me like that little fella makes wedding dresses, not tactical socks.

Boom

The arrowhead logo I’m sure.. just like tactical pants that were once known as a Cargo pants..

There’s tactical Jeans now too so I suppose it’s who you’re trying to sell your product to.. Everyone needs AR15 mags stuffed in their pockets these days don’t ya know? Perhaps they will find a way for magazines to fit in socks as well? Then they will truly be tactical socks.

The future appears to look like a tactical lumberjack in plaid shirt and Kuhl pants.

It has been awhile since I’ve found a good pair of socks. I don’t hike as much as I used to so they aren’t as critical but I like First tactical’s pants ok as they aren’t as recognizable as 5.11s so I may try some of the socks if I order again from them..

Reactions: MtnCreek
    Try point 6 or darn tough socks.

US made.
    Wool

point 6 is the folks who started smartwool, but were disatisfied with what the product became after their board of directors pushed to sell to Timberland and manufacture was sent overseas.
    Noncompete ended and they got rolling.

not tactical though.

Interesting that the website doesn't say where those stocks are made. I recently needed a good sock and, though I don't mind foreign made socks, I would not buy Chinese. I ended up with Wigwam, sewn in Sheboygan Wisconsin.

Comes in black, FDE, coyote, or multicam
    Accepts glock mags
    Has hidden pocket for extra mag
    Molle compatible...
    I guess it's a good thing ALICE isn't popular anymore.

Try point 6 or darn tough socks.

US made.
    Wool

point 6 is the folks who started smartwool, but were disatisfied with what the product became after their board of directors pushed to sell to Timberland and manufacture was sent overseas.
    Noncompete ended and they got rolling.

not tactical though.
    Darn tough sox here.....The best i have tried

If you can look past their hippy bullshit....BOMBAS makes some damn good socks....yes they are expensive.....but yes they are worth it.

my troll feet burn through most socks in a matter of a couple months.....these are the only ones that have held up, going on a few years for some of mine.

If you can look past their hippy bullshit....BOMBAS makes some damn good socks....yes they are expensive.....but yes they are worth it.

my troll feet burn through most socks in a matter of a couple months.....these are the only ones that have held up, going on a few years for some of mine.
    Try changing them atleast once a week and they will last longer

• Haha
    Reactions: powdahound76