• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tactical stock for Ruger M77 MK I?

mram10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2010
Idaho
Does anyone know of a tactical style stock for an older Ruger M77 MkI with tang safety? Also, can the MKII tactical stocks be modified to fit the Mk I?

Re: Tactical stock for Ruger M77 MK I?

Do you have a long or short action?

There's a guy that makes wooden A5 style stocks that may be able to inlet for a Ruger. Richards Micro Fit makes laminate tactical style stocks for both long and short as well.

I think that McMillan will do it for you on their stocks, but you'll need to contact their CS Dep't to discuss what you have in mind. I think it is something like a $200 charge to do an inletting for a specific action, but they'll be able to give you all the details.

Thanks guys. It is for a coworker that doesn't want to spend more than $300. Is it possible to make a MkII work for it with a little removal and bedding?

Oh...$300...well that narrows it down quite a bit. Even the Richard's Microfit stock, laminated "tactical" 99% inletting for a Ruger M77 (old version) will likely run over the budget slightly and he'll have to wait 3-4 months for it.

As for making an old M77 fit into a stock inletted for a MkII...you may head over to http://www.rugerforum.com/ and see if they can better answer this one for you. I am not sure if it will work or not.

Good luck to your friend!

ORD,
Thank you. Wish ME the luck since I opened up my big mouth to help him out
smile.gif