• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tactical Tailor Data Book Cover Question?

glockophile

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Underground bunker! Indiana
I just received a Tactical Tailor data book cover today and I cant figure out what in the hell the small piece of elastic on the inside front cover is for. If anyone has this cover please let me know. Thanks

Re: Tactical Tailor Data Book Cover Question?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pen Keeper? </div></div>

I dont think so. It has vertical pen slots but this piece is a horizontal band of elastic right above the pen slots.

I keep a rolled up length of 550 in it, that way, I always have 550 and always know where it is.

I used to use it for a lensatic, but keep that elsewhere now.

Use it for what you want. Theres not really a right or wrong thing about what to put there.

Fits a Kestrel Weather Meter perfectly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike P.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My calculator fits nicely there. </div></div>

This is what I use it for.

I guess it can hold just about anything!

I have them sewn across in the center making two smaller holders. One holds a small flat LED Key Chain Light, the other holds a 3/32 Allen Screwdriver for scope knob changes. I also remove a row of stitching from the right side of the Pen holders making a larget main pouch for a Project Calculator.

Project Calculators are found (Cheapest) in Wal-Mart in the Tool Isle. Bright Yellow. The Color is Quickly fixed with OD Krylon Camo Paint.
Has Hard Shell Cover, and is battery powered. Not sure how long batteries last, as I have never had one quit yet.