• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical/Target trigger weight???

308Shooter1911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2011
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I just ordered a Timney 510 for my Remington 700. For those that have rifles that work double duty as Tactical and Target/Match rifles. What do you recommend as a safe trigger pull weight?

Re: Tactical/Target trigger weight???

whatever you find is light enough yet is safe and doesn't go off. For most people this sits around 2-2.5lb.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WRENCHHEAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will this be a duty/work weapon?</div></div>

Now now, but possibly in the future it may be used for duty/work.

2-2.5 lbs seems to work real fine for me, rifle or pistol.

I run 3.5 on my duty rifle.

If there are ever any questions, all I have to say is that is what the FBI recommends. Besides, it isn't the weight, it is the quality of the break.

2.5-3 Especially if its cold where you are and you may be shooting with numb fingers and/or heavy gloves. Too many things can happen in the real world with a weapon actually aimed at a person or pointed in the vicinity of people to give up safety in the interest of fractions of an inch of accuracy.

fdkay and Beef nailed it!

I run a 3.5 timney that breaks like a glass rod. Prefer a two stage but as of yet have not tried the Jackson or Huber...IMO best part of an AI is the trigger and I want close to if not same on my 700.