• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tacticool bolt knobs......worth it or fad?

Re: Tacticool bolt knobs......worth it or fad?

I have tried the Badger Ordnance knob and it was a noticable differance compared to the stock bolt knob. There was more surface area to grip when operationg the bolt.

it's great for finger operation. it's tapered so your finger just goes with it's contour. the regular one, not so much.

i have one on my 700,came on the gun when i bought it. i think it helps a lot with bolt manipulation. would i spend $100+ to get it done? not so sure.

I never thought there would be so many differing opinions on something so simple.

I'm not really a fan of the badger. Kampfeld Custom makes the hunter knob, which is what I use.

I don't know if it's tacticool or not, but I run Holland bolt handles on my 700 and my 40X rimfire. The extra leverage makes operating the bolt slick.

Although I don't like the name, the Kampfeld "tactical" is nice due to the knurled ring.

I am experimenting with a conversion for Sako TRG's. Dont care for the factory one any longer.
knobsTRGH.jpg