• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tacticool Stocks. What Rests?

SmallBoreSnipers

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Troy, NY
All you guys out there with tacticool stocks. What are you using for rests? Right now I am just using bipod/shoulder. I can't seem to get it to fire as accurately with a rear bag than just using a fist and my shoulder. What are you guys doing and how is it working out?

Re: Tacticool Stocks. What Rests?

army socks filled with rice. harris 6-9 leg notched swivel model, or a PRS tripod. nothing beats a 50 pound bag of field corn as a front rest though.

if i am shooting off a bench i prefer the bunny ear style rear bag but most everything else is the rice bag.

Yes I should have mentioned that I am shooting BR and the bag I've tried is a bunny ear style rear bag.

Sock full of corn cob tumbling media. Squeeze with off hand to adjust elevation works with all my rifles, including the Boyds stock.

I've tried squeezing for elevation too. Looks like it might be the media I'm using. Came with the bag. It's like the stuff you put on the bottom of fish tanks. Litter is the closest thing I can compare it to I guess.

Yeah going taller may be a good idea too. It seems like corn is the way to go with most people. Guess I'll give it a try. Thanks guys!

Post back when you figure out a good bag. I use fist and shoulder and I feel like I don't always get comfortable. I've been looking for bags but I don't like the style of them or the colors and all. Who's made their own bag? Any process you followed? Where did you pick up the interior material? Would love some input!

not to hijack the thread, but what is the best if any to use when in the field shooting off of a backpack... going to buy the big bag of popcorn today..Thanks

That is a real pretty bag.
I opted for non edibles in my sock. I took a .50$ plushie toy from the dollar mart (a hippo) and stuffed it in my tube sock. I like the fact the height is adjustable by squeezing, folding ect...

If the toy is too big you can dump the little styrene pellets out of the toy into the sock, but where is the fun in that. At the range I have a secret nobody knows. An when the other guys shoot my rifle and use my bag I laugh because they are using a hippo for a rear bag and don't know it.

By the way ... would some of the posters care to add pics of their sock bags.... I am betting it would be interesting like any other pic thread....Thanks

^ I second that. I like the pics.
smile.gif

I want to make a rear bag to use as well but i've been used to using my thumb with the 22's. Its the same as using your fist but my hands are a bit small and i'm akward at our range's benchs' but all I do is pop my thumb up and set the bottom of the stock on top of it and it works well for me.

+1 on bag pics...

Scott im using some cheap ass rear bag at the moment. Would like to invest in a nice protektor rear bag but $$$ is tight these days