• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tactile Turrets.

Chris777

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2017
California
I have a question maybe you guys can shed some light on.

Anyone ever bought scope in the 2k price range and had one turret maybe be slightly quieter and or have a little softer clicks than the other? Anyone ever experienced that?

Talking elevation vs windage or two identical scopes, elevation feels different?

In the 2k range?....probably every one of them I used....you did use the word 'slightly'.

Reactions: Chris777
Yes I have noticed a difference in how they move.

Different mechanics on both. Similar, yet different travel adjustments pushing, twisting, turning, binding in different ways.

Have seen it in most every optic of any price. Not necessarily in a negative way. But some elevation don’t feel the exact same as windage.

Have seen it in most every optic of any price. Not necessarily in a negative way. But some elevation don’t feel the exact same as windage.

To be honest...my new ZCO 5-27 is the first scope I've ever used/owned that feels the same and sounds the same on both turrets.

To be honest...my new ZCO 5-27 is the first scope I've ever used/owned that feels the same and sounds the same on both turrets.

The new ones yes. The original release you could feel a slight difference.

On my US Optics FDN17, the windage turret doesn't quite feel as distinct as the elevation.

But it gets a little better every time I use it. Sometimes on a new scope it takes a little use to get things broke-in. In the case of my FDN17, the o-ring in the windage turret is pretty tight, but breaking-in nicely.

Reactions: Chris777