• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Take me to bridge school

FatBoy

After 20 years, going anonymous..
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2001
TN
Ok, super noob question from a guy who hasn’t worn NODs since ‘97. Is there a resource, here or on Al Gores second greatest creation, that lists each of the dual bridges with weights, options, etc?

Assumption is initial use will be PVS-14s, bump cap, possible external power if it’s an option.

Personal option is encourages if you care to share your experiences. I’m surprised I haven’t already found this assembled by @TheHorta .

If my Google-fu is weak, or the search function here has failed me a quick link drop and some base chastising is both appreciated and expected.

Chris

ModArmory makes a good one, which I’ve had forever (dual PVS-14, but can be used with other dovetail devices). RQE / KVC is the current pinnacle of unpowered bridges, but is no longer being produced — for some bizarre reason. Wilcox is built like an Abrams tank. Lot’s of Chicom knock-offs — some work, some don’t, so proceed at your own risk.

MA’s unit is light, but somewhat proprietary and of limited flexibility.

Yep…The Horta pretty much sums it up…

Mod Armory D-14:

(This one being the lowest priced unit, most available, simple good design and well built)
*Someone other than Mod Armory, modifies a lightweight version of the arms of the D-14, I’m sorry I can’t remember who…But they’re damn good)

KAC KVC RQE:

(Most adjustability, light & well built, but hard to find)

KVC JAMR:

(Single PVS-14, Similar to a J-Arm with movement)

Wilcox Bridge:

(Expensive but well built, stout but heaviest of the 3 bridges)

Chinese knock off’s of the Mod Armory and Wilcox units are hit & miss…I’ve heard good & bad…mostly bad…Can’t recommend them…
Chinese have “no” knocks off’s of the KVC Bridge for good reason…It’s my personal favorite…I have all of them and love all of them, but the KVC mostly because of the fore/aft adjustment design and weight. Occasionally one will pop up…but rare and they go fast.

Hope this helps…Good luck

I have a couple of the ic d14 bridges and they've been great. Simple, lightweight, and durable. Potential downside if you're running dual band the thermal box might be a little canted. I have one of the knights jamr above and haven't been impressed. If you want a single quick disconnect option the Mod Armory thermal jarm is nice. This works with the d14 mini arms and should work with the knights oss shoes. Not sure on the Willcox since their arms have more setback than the others.