• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Talk me out of Larue Ultimate Build

I just paid $1,613.90 for 22" Larue UU kit with the lower. That is also in FDE which is extra. I'm a fan of both as the think LMT ad Larue are both great rifles.

I've had no issues yet with the Larue but i only have a couple 100 down the tube. She shoots about .5 groups at 100 and does well out to a 1000 also.

I've got a UU kit in 22" 260 Rem with about 1000rds down the tube. It holds about 1-1.25moa with factory Berger and Hornady Match ammo. Getting about .75 moa with handloads. Very good bang for your buck and hasn't given me any problems to date. I am running it with an Omega and a SLR AGB.

Attachments

• IMG_2457.jpg
    IMG_2457.jpg
    954 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1225.JPG
    IMG_1225.JPG
    344 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Bakwa
i like to build my own gas guns, i am in the process of 4 builds (a.d.d) and i can ASSURE you.....as far as pricing goes....you are miles ahead using larue ultimate upper. i have one ordered myself. i am also in the process of building a lmt and the pricing for the uu looks almost too good to be true

call and make sure they have them in stock before you order... your wait may be longer than you think

yes they very clearly stated i should expect up to 6 months. maybe faster, but plan for 6 months. i am willing to wait for that :)

i like to build my own gas guns, i am in the process of 4 builds (a.d.d) and i can ASSURE you.....as far as pricing goes....you are miles ahead using larue ultimate upper. i have one ordered myself. i am also in the process of building a lmt and the pricing for the uu looks almost too good to be true

The only real complaint I have with the large frame is the fitment between the upper and lower. Since there is no tensioning screw, an accuwedge or shim will likely be required if you are accustomed to great fitting receivers.

Reactions: kl7883
I have a Larue UU SUURG Kit on order. Makes sense. Save 11% on excise tax and even more on assembly. I think they are great deals. Also ordered a Larue lower so, everything you need to build a complete AR with suppressor.
283a8680-7cf59.JPG

The only real complaint I have with the large frame is the fitment between the upper and lower. Since there is no tensioning screw, an accuwedge or shim will likely be required if you are accustomed to great fitting receivers.

i didnt even think to look at my receiver for that until now. thats a good point. it doesnt have one. i wonder why they would not put a tensioning screw on there?

i didnt even think to look at my receiver for that until now. thats a good point. it doesnt have one. i wonder why they would not put a tensioning screw on there?

My guess would be that prior to the UU offering, they were only selling complete rifles and could fit receivers together, eliminating the need for a tensioning screw on new builds. Obviously through lots of use, the tolerances could open up, so it wouldn’t be bad to have.
I had to shim the large frame lower several thou to eliminate the wobble. The small frame UU upper/lower was a better fit, but one of my Vltor MUR-1a’s actually fits tighter on the LT lower than the LaRue upper. It’s really surprising since at the time of my purchase, LaRue wasn’t even offering lowers for sale.

Anyone have thoughts on, or better yet, experience with, the Stealth 2.0? I've never paid Larue Tactical any mind because I've never had one, but through the years, somehow I've picked up the notion that they were a pretty good quality gun, just based on what I've read (in other forums), and the like. This weekend, I happened upon a new, unfired 2.0 in 5.56 with an 18" barrel, old version with a keymod rail, but new, and perfect in every way, so I made the trade...

I get home start looking for more info on it (kinda late for that) and seeing as how it's a no longer made model... I can't find nothing... Good, or bad, except nutnfacy ranting about his being crap... but it was a different model based on the rail, and gas block in the video... and he didn't use a Larue lower with his upper. The action cycles very smooth by hand, the trigger is crisp, fit and finish is probably the best I've seen... but then I've had stuff like Spikes, and Aero, and one DD. I'm hoping it will live up to the hype.

the wait was not long at all for my larue uu! i received my order in 2-3 months! i am soooo excited. i have a new lmt mws here and lots of other brand new uppers and lowers. several ma tens and i even bought a aero m5 to check out. i can say WITHOUT question, the machine work on the larue are in a different world compared to anything i have here or even seen. they dont need a slack adjuster in the rear.....it is machined with virtually zero clearance. i am absolutely floored. i like my lmt in 308 also, but you get nickled and dimed to death buying all their components. the lmt quality of materials is stunning. they have a very unique method of maintaining accuracy. the larue has got me all kinds of excited....the uu kit comes with literally everything needed except the lower. based off what i have seen so far (havent shot any of them yet) the larue is a absoulte STEAL! i can tell you one thing that sets them apart from all other makers............absolute insane tolerances that i have never seen in the ar 308 market. just wanted to update everyone on my experience with them :)