• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Tall sights for Glock

Re: Tall sights for Glock

If it's for a suppressor, i've heard of folks going with LPA's adjustable for their Glocks and they will clear most cans.

http://www.lpasights.com/catalog2.html

If you just want a little higher, I would probably go with the Heinie:
http://66.226.99.41/information.php?info_id=12

I recently became an advocate of the Heinie sights after replacing my Novak sights on my 1911. Have been very pleased with these sights thus far and can't say enough about them.

Found that Ameriglo has some fixed and/or night sights. Rear is .394" tall and front is available in .020" increments or so.

Cheap too!

I want them so I can have a taller front sight for holdover (see Elmer Keith) and a taller rear sight will also make one handed reloads and clearances easier.

Entertaining a can, definitely want one, but don't currently have the funds for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Atomic Lab Rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used the NOVAK sights on my G17 with a .22 conversion and my G17L -SWR Trident combo. I have been happy with them.

Noval Glock fiber Optic Adjustable sights </div></div>

Did you have to have the slide cut to fit the Novak rear on your Glocks?

How high is the front sight you're using with this rear?

I really like the looks of the Novak adjustables.

Have the ameriglo on my G17 and couldnt be happier. I forget what size, but they're tall. Tall enought that none of the sight tools I own would fit over them. Eventually took to local gunsmith who jerry -rigged one of his sight tools to get them on.

I too have kicked around getting a super tall set to clear a can. I have learned to sight through the can, but that is only really good for short ranges.

What I've learned:

1. Tall sights require their own special install tool, the Glock regular tool won't handle it and trying to make it go is not a good thing for the slide and the new sights.

2. Tall sights limit the holster choice significantly.

3. Some keep their stock sights and go laser. I have a model 36 so no rail, laser in the spring support hits the can (lasermax), and the new gen rear sight units with laser might(?) hit the can too (Laserlyte).

I too would love to see some "over the can" sight pictures with tall sets.

These pics are not that great, but were a pain in the ass to get.

DSCN0119.jpg

DSCN0120.jpg

DSCN0123.jpg

DSCN0124.jpg

The reat sight is Ameriglo GTR-100 .394 height
The front is Ameriglo GL-112-300 .300 height

Ameriglo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BVEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's you another option. Give them a call and tell them what you're wanting to do. Very helpful and great to do business with.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/Home.jsp?refresh=true </div></div>

+1. I run their target sights on my G35. They are tall, and require a holster with the target sight channel to clear. I love their sights!

About the same diameter as a well built can, and that would be the same for suppression as well. IMO, a whole lotta of mass and size that isn't needed with top baffle sets. Tall sights on their own rigs.

untitled.jpg

Standard Glocks would "ride" the top of this can too. Still, a cool looking design.

Looks like the ameriglo are still not quite tall enough to really clear the can. I guess the top of the front sight *just* makes it. Is it hard to hit with this setup?

Meprolight Adjustable sights are pretty tall on a Glock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BVEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's you another option. Give them a call and tell them what you're wanting to do. Very helpful and great to do business with.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/Home.jsp?refresh=true </div></div>

That's what I went with for my G-34 and G-21SF, both suppressed. Nice sights.
Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should have bought a Silencerco Osprey
http://www.silencerco.com/Silencerco/#/osprey/
Then yall wouldn't need tall sights! </div></div>

Yes, that's correct. However if the can is shot wet you get massive amounts of back spray through the ejection port. John Titsworth noted this when he did a review of the suppressor on silencerresearch.com. It's not much fun getting douched in the face with that crap.
Steve