• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta 5-25 v Minox 5-25 v Nightforce 7-35 v Schmidt & Bender 5-25 v Vortex 4.5-27

Oh my, I thought you are testing another scope....
:geek:

All the best for the baby and the family.
Health and peace.

I know this is not exactly a new post but I’m fairly new to these forums, and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the effort in this write up. You and others that make these obviously not minor efforts are a huge value to people like me who are just finding an interest in higher end optics.

So far I’ve obtained a Razor Gen II 4.5-27 and a Kahles 624i along with a handful of other, mid tier scopes I guess you could say.

The only one I’ve so far put any time behind is the Razor. So I have no real objective (or even subjective) ability to rank and qualify these things. So thank you again for all the info.

Do you have any experience with the USO B series? They don’t seem to get a ton of love here. Or I guess I should say USO in general. I’ve got a Stiller 338 rifle on the way that I plan to stick a B25 on. I’ve got a 50% off Cert so might as well use it.

I’m not worried I’m going to hate it because I’m absolutely positive it can outperform me at this point. But you’ve obviously got time behind the highest of top tier optics, and if you’ve had any experiences with the b25 I’d value your thoughts.

I know this is not exactly a new post but I’m fairly new to these forums, and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the effort in this write up. You and others that make these obviously not minor efforts are a huge value to people like me who are just finding an interest in higher end optics.

So far I’ve obtained a Razor Gen II 4.5-27 and a Kahles 624i along with a handful of other, mid tier scopes I guess you could say.

The only one I’ve so far put any time behind is the Razor. So I have no real objective (or even subjective) ability to rank and qualify these things. So thank you again for all the info.

Do you have any experience with the USO B series? They don’t seem to get a ton of love here. Or I guess I should say USO in general. I’ve got a Stiller 338 rifle on the way that I plan to stick a B25 on. I’ve got a 50% off Cert so might as well use it.

I’m not worried I’m going to hate it because I’m absolutely positive it can outperform me at this point. But you’ve obviously got time behind the highest of top tier optics, and if you’ve had any experiences with the b25 I’d value your thoughts.
With a 50% off cert you ought to buy the B25. If you hate it sell it and you won’t be out anything.

Thanks for your kind words.

I don’t have much experience with USO except in that they were something like 10 mins from my house.

I believe some of their optical designs and reticles are considered to be on the older side, but then again so is the S&B PMII 5-25 and it’s still one of the best available.

At 50% off I’d personally not hesitate to run one. They’re supposed to be excellent.

USO used to get a ton of love on the Hide some 6+ years ago or so, they had some of the best reticles at the time and their EREK turrets were great low profile options when just about every other mfr at the time had monstrous turrets. Overall they are great scopes, but they have not really put out a new design that has wowed the industry thus the sense of "no love", plenty of Hider's still love their USO scopes but for many looking for 5-25 options there are "better" options available. I think the B25's biggest detractor is the fact it's 18" long and is often called the "baseball bat" of long range optics. Years ago I had their 3.8-22 and loved it but did not like the length, would love to see them come out with the 3.8-22 in an ultra short design with wide FOV, but I just don't see that happening at least not anytime soon.

Couple years back I did a comparison of half of these scopes and the Steiner was in that comparison. You can no longer find it as it was with the old Scout site.

The Steiner is an excellent scope and in good company with all the scopes in this review. I remember it being pretty close to the other scopes optically. It had more CA, a little less pop but outside of that, it's phenomenal. Probably my favorite 2nd rev indicator.

Turrets were the mushiest of the bunch, but I never got lost with them and always knew where I was so it wasn't that important.
I’m new to the game, so my apologies. Fantastic education, thx. Stupid question: what is CA that is often referenced? Thx!!

Jeff

It’s a purple or yellow border on the edge of a high contrast object in your field of view.

Jeff, what 918v is the simplest explanation. If you want to learn more, look up “chromatic aberration”.

I got behind a ZP5 for the first time last week and damn, you guys weren't lying, it definitely has the best glass that I've ever look through. The turrets were also very tactile and audible. I'm thinking about selling my recently squired M7XI and getting one, I got it at a damn good price so I wont loose any money.

I got behind a ZP5 for the first time last week and damn, you guys weren't lying, it definitely has the best glass that I've ever look through. The turrets were also very tactile and audible. I'm thinking about selling my recently squired M7XI and getting one, I got it at a damn good price so I wont loose any money.
The newer ones appear to have better turrets. I just got another ZP5 through the 50% off deal and its turrets are a lot better than the one I bought 3 years ago and I didn't think those were bad. The new one has more tactile clicks with distinct 'click-click-click' between .1 mil marks with less play between them as well. Still has a little too much stiffness between 1st and 2nd rev but not enough that I couldn't dial appropriate, just takes a bit more effort in that range.

The newer ones appear to have better turrets. I just got another ZP5 through the 50% off deal and its turrets are a lot better than the one I bought 3 years ago and I didn't think those were bad. The new one has more tactile clicks with distinct 'click-click-click' between .1 mil marks with less play between them as well. Still has a little too much stiffness between 1st and 2nd rev but not enough that I couldn't dial appropriate, just takes a bit more effort in that range.
I just looked into that. that offer is still going on. can I buy the mouser from any retailer? And where do I buy the scope?

I just looked into that. that offer is still going on. can I buy the mouser from any retailer? And where do I buy the scope?
You can but Eurooptic is blowing them out below dealer cost so even with sales tax it's usually a better deal. Look at the 50% off Minox thread (https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...e-with-purchase-of-a-m18-rifle-at-eo.6953289/) for details on how to submit, basically when you're FFL gets the box, they take pictures of the label and the invoice, you then go to the Minox discount website and fill in the information and upload your images, usually within a day you'll get a code you can use on Minox USA's website, if they are out of stock, just call them and they can back order any of their current models. PM me if you'd like more details.