• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta 525P Gen2XR vs Gen3XR

orkan

Primal Rights, Inc.
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2008
    South Dakota, USA
    www.primalrights.com
    The other day I had two TT525P's out at 50yds on rimfires, both at 25x magnification. Tried to get a decent picture of each.

U6POsuYh.jpg

ZohXWQmh.jpg

Thanks - the dot center seems much more precise for target shooting.
    Depends on how you look at it. The dot is thicker, where as the x on the gen2 is thinner. Personal preference really. I prefer the Gen2XR for paper and in general. However, there's a strong argument to be made for PRS/NRL/Field type shooting for the 2 tenth subtensions in the Gen3.

Reactions: Scobes
    Depends on how you look at it. The dot is thicker, where as the x on the gen2 is thinner. Personal preference really. I prefer the Gen2XR for paper and in general. However, there's a strong argument to be made for PRS/NRL/Field type shooting for the 2 tenth subtensions in the Gen3.
    Sorry for reviving this 2 year old thread, but with the new Gen 3 XR Fine reticle out in the TT525Ps, do you still feel the same way? Or does the new smaller center dot (0.05 mil) split the difference between the Gen2 and Original Gen3XR?