• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta 7 - 35 X 56, new hotness in hand

BuLLet

I need a new gun!
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2004
USA
Mr Brown just dropped off this beauty...

20230706_124649.jpg

or 156,473.40 Turkish lira , 4,709.43 Pound sterling , or 111504 South African Rand . or 55000 primers and could net me a knock at the door at 3 am ( primers 5000 for 530.00 ) which is after shipping and hazmat for 11 orders and still have left over money .

Last edited:
Reactions: giumau1
Ut oh... looks like we have a false start. Tangent wants these first batch scopes back for replacement. Seems there may be a focus issue that needs to be addressed. :(

Was going to mount it today and hit the range.. Picking out mount and rifle, full stop :(
You still could. Maybe yours wasn't affected. Its got a warranty, so if it ever does start to show that issue then send it in.

Reactions: Wasskeet
The issue is the parallax is too low, which doesn't allow for parallax at further distances.

At least tangent recognized the issue and is reaching out.
Yes, infinity parallax can't be obtained. I'd just ship it back and not risk my individual sample having or not having the issue. It's up there in terms of highest cost scopes and worth addressing it now.

Last edited:
I enjoyed both my TT’s but they’re just too damned heavy. The weight to performance ratio simply wasn’t there and I’m not a fan of the G reticles. Tried like hell to like them but every time I look through a MSR it’s like fucking an ex - hot and comfy.

• Haha
Reactions: secondofangle2
So wait, TT just recalled it's entire first batch of 7-35's? I bought my first ZCO a few months ago and it's got the most awful sand-filled feeling parallax knob, worst control I've ever felt on any scope. Re-thinking all this "alpha class" and "higher QC" BS.... Liking my ATACR and G3 Razors more and more.

So wait, TT just recalled it's entire first batch of 7-35's? I bought my first ZCO a few months ago and it's got the most awful sand-filled feeling parallax knob, worst control I've ever felt on any scope. Re-thinking all this "alpha class" and "higher QC" BS.... Liking my ATACR and G3 Razors more and more.

It sucks, but those are both abnormalities. ATI is correcting this issue as we speak and have you called ZCO about your parallax knob?

Reactions: NateSavannah
Shit goes wrong with anything bro. I had one of the very TT 5-25s when they first came out. It had shavings from the body still visible inside the scope body. Had a new one sent out and all taken care of. ATI are a solid, enduring company with a good customer support culture.

No idea of ZCO, never had one.

For the ZCO...what kind of rings and what torque use?

And I agree with Richard, call ZCO...if its any sort of product issue then they will take care of it.

It sucks, but those are both abnormalities. ATI is correcting this issue as we speak and have you called ZCO about your parallax knob?
Nope. We've talked about this, you know I can't do anything about it yet. "I’ve seen that issue with ZCO’s and Tangents in Spuhr mounts." Are you seeing the parallax issue with the 7-35 TT as well?

For the ZCO...what kind of rings and what torque use?

And I agree with Richard, call ZCO...if its any sort of product issue then they will take care of it.
Spuhr mount 20in lbs. Richard has seen pics of my $300 torque wrench and its cal cert. Lowered it to 15 and the issue improved but still pretty bad, worried about slipping at that low a value. I have no doubt ZCO would or will fix it, but I don't want to send it in, I want to shoot it. I usually buy primo so I don't have to deal with issues, I don't really have time or patience for that. OR maybe I'll use it for years with a grindy parallax knob and complain about it on a forum. My $4k, my prerogative.

Nope. We've talked about this, you know I can't do anything about it yet. "I’ve seen that issue with ZCO’s and Tangents in Spuhr mounts." Are you seeing the parallax issue with the 7-35 TT as well?

Had to check PM’s, forgot that we did discuss this awhile back and you’re deployed now. When you get back you should reach out to ZCO and have them diagnose that specific scope and mount combo. ZCO’s are not supposed to have a gritty parallax.

I have not had a TT 7-35 in hand yet.

Reactions: Baron23
Spuhr mount 20in lbs. Richard has seen pics of my $300 torque wrench and its cal cert. Lowered it to 15 and the issue improved but still pretty bad, worried about slipping at that low a value. I have no doubt ZCO would or will fix it, but I don't want to send it in, I want to shoot it. I usually buy primo so I don't have to deal with issues, I don't really have time or patience for that. OR maybe I'll use it for years with a grindy parallax knob and complain about it on a forum. My $4k, my prerogative.
FWIW, I run all my rings at 15 in/lbs (Spuhr/TT) without issues in rimfire, 6/6.5 centerfire, or magnum calibers.

Reactions: CSTactical
FWIW, I run all my rings at 15 in/lbs (Spuhr/TT) without issues in rimfire, 6/6.5 centerfire, or magnum calibers.
Thanks, it's on a GAP-15 so not a lot of recoil, I assume it will be fine then.

What are the 2 letters preceding your serial # on your ZCO .... "EA" " EB" or " EC" ?

My buddy just received his TT 7-35 earlier this week just to send it back 🤣. His quote “ I don’t remember sending any of my NF scopes back”,, is NF the only manufacturer that does a 70 plus point QC inspection before sending out a scope?

NF is one of most rugged scopes 7-35, I have them all ZcO,TT 5-25 and new TT 7-35. TT is paying 3+ over TT and ZCO for tootles turrets and glass that is maybe 2 to 3 % better. But what else you get? Bragging rights that you own TT 🤣. If you don’t want to show off stick with NF and keep $$$.

My buddy just received his TT 7-35 earlier this week just to send it back 🤣. His quote “ I don’t remember sending any of my NF scopes back”,, is NF the only manufacturer that does a 70 plus point QC inspection before sending out a scope?
That makes one of us..... they ALL have issues from time to time.

Id say the atacr line is like the ai aw of the gun world. It may not be the hottest thing anymore and the axsr may have a bunch more features but the aw is still out there getting shit done. Just like the atacr

Id say the atacr line is like the ai aw of the gun world. It may not be the hottest thing anymore and the axsr may have a bunch more features but the aw is still out there getting shit done. Just like the atacr
That's fair. NF makes a great scope, and the ATACR line is their best, and proven. That said, they too have issues from time to time, just like every other manufacturer does. I'm much more concerned with how things are handled when there are issues honestly and some manufacturers are well known for giving trouble free warranty service and some are let's say "less well known for trouble free warranty ".... They all have some issues from time to time though, I don't care who it is, just part of manufacturing a product. The high end ones have a pretty tiny rate of warranty repair though.

That's fair. NF makes a great scope, and the ATACR line is their best, and proven. That said, they too have issues from time to time, just like every other manufacturer does. I'm much more concerned with how things are handled when there are issues honestly and some manufacturers are well known for giving trouble free warranty service and some are let's say "less well known for trouble free warranty ".... They all have some issues from time to time though, I don't care who it is, just part of manufacturing a product. The high end ones have a pretty tiny rate of warranty repair though.
I don't think anyone knows how the brands compare when it comes to ratio of scopes sold to warranty issues.

I do know that some brands are fair game to speak about their problems, other brands get you jumped on! I think it's likely that lots of issues don't get talked about on here for that reason.

I don't think anyone knows how the brands compare when it comes to ratio of scopes sold to warranty issues.

I do know that some brands are fair game to speak about their problems, other brands get you jumped on! I think it's likely that lots of issues don't get talked about on here for that reason.

Well, there are a few on here that do in fact have a good idea of the percentage of warranty claims for several manufacturers and they've commented at times on it, but hard numbers across the board I agree is not available.

I think you are right about getting jumped on when critical of certain brands on here, and I'm sure that does skew things reported to some degree, though I wouldn't think it's a lot. However, how it's done has a lot to do with the response you get, just like anything else in life. We've all done it, I've been guilty of it as well. Sometimes text format just doesn't come off the way you intended it amd that's a shortcoming of written communication that we all have to watch out for.

There are some vendors and brands that give a lot to this forum and this sport in general and also provide excellent products and service, and that group does get preferential treatment, but shouldn't they ? If there's a vendor or manufacturer that's active here or treats warranty and CS really well over a long period of time, shouldn't that "buy" some benefit of the doubt vs one who doesn't?

Well, there are a few on here that do in fact have a good idea of the percentage of warranty claims for several manufacturers and they've commented at times on it, but hard numbers across the board I agree is not available.

I think you are right about getting jumped on when critical of certain brands on here, and I'm sure that does skew things reported to some degree, though I wouldn't think it's a lot. However, how it's done has a lot to do with the response you get, just like anything else in life. We've all done it, I've been guilty of it as well. Sometimes text format just doesn't come off the way you intended it amd that's a shortcoming of written communication that we all have to watch out for.

There are some vendors and brands that give a lot to this forum and this sport in general and also provide excellent products and service, and that group does get preferential treatment, but shouldn't they ? If there's a vendor or manufacturer that's active here or treats warranty and CS really well over a long period of time, shouldn't that "buy" some benefit of the doubt vs one who doesn't?
Agree completely. I'm terrible about conveying tone via writing. I come off wrong all the time.

I think for the most part all the major brands are pretty solid on warranty. Take vortex as an example, probably the best, it's really more of an insurance policy minus theft or loss. They offer huge discounts to the mil/le crowd. Very active in the sport. They probably "give" more than any other brand. Some of the popular optics guys on here have reviewed the G3 razor very favorably with the TT and ZCO, razor beating them in several areas. But Vortex gets abused all the time here. Just doesn't add up to me, I think it's partly a fan boy thing and there's some vendors that rush to defend certain brands for whatever reason, maybe genuine maybe sales. Those 2 groups seem to do pretty well at quieting the rest.

Now don't think I'm a Vortex fan boy. I have a few of their products and like them. I've had a few I didn't. I do really like the G3 Razor though.

What I really wanted was for this 7-35 TT to be the most phenomenal scope ever. I've told several people that I was gonna pick one up with a JTAC reticle pending some good reviews from the initial release.... then this thread happened. 🤷‍♂️

Here is my personal experience with Tangent since I have several.

I contacted them regarding a turret on one of my JTAC not "feeling the same" as my other TTs. This was a combination of personal preference and, maybe, a defect. I competed for nearly a season with this scope, so it's not like it was an urgent or pressing issue.

I immediately got a reply from CS with an expedited customs form and prepaid UPS International shipping.

I received the scope back with the issue fixed (they also checked the rest of the internals), a diopter ring and seal fixed that they felt was subpar (I didn't notice), cleaned, and expedited international shipping back. All in time for my next 2 day.

Communication was outstanding along each way (sending, when they received it, what they fixed and why, and when they sent it).

Agree completely. I'm terrible about conveying tone via writing. I come off wrong all the time.

I think for the most part all the major brands are pretty solid on warranty. Take vortex as an example, probably the best, it's really more of an insurance policy minus theft or loss. They offer huge discounts to the mil/le crowd. Very active in the sport. They probably "give" more than any other brand. Some of the popular optics guys on here have reviewed the G3 razor very favorably with the TT and ZCO, razor beating them in several areas. But Vortex gets abused all the time here. Just doesn't add up to me, I think it's partly a fan boy thing and there's some vendors that rush to defend certain brands for whatever reason, maybe genuine maybe sales. Those 2 groups seem to do pretty well at quieting the rest.

Now don't think I'm a Vortex fan boy. I have a few of their products and like them. I've had a few I didn't. I do really like the G3 Razor though.

What I really wanted was for this 7-35 TT to be the most phenomenal scope ever. I've told several people that I was gonna pick one up with a JTAC reticle pending some good reviews from the initial release.... then this thread happened. 🤷‍♂️
I certainly get it. A few years ago, I got another scope that's been mentioned here and had the same thing happen. I got it and had planned to run it and then was not able to because I had to send back a brand new scope, then the rep told me "ok, we will fix it this time, but if it happens again you're on your own" in so many words. I was not happy.

There's Definitely some fan boy stuff that goes on and a lot of it is just repeated 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ect info too. People get loyal to whatever brand they choose and then that effects how they see things, tis da basis for marketing . Add that to an online group format and you get a lot of fanboy stuff. Your Vortex example is correct and I am not going to argue that. I don't know what their percentage of warranty is but they do get roasted here more than most and are absolutely what changed the game in scopes and basically forced all the other manufacturers to start these great warranties and them being transferred without receipts. They changed the entire industry and are in fact a pleasure to deal with, yet they get a lot of crap because it appears their warranty percentage is higher than most. (I'm not sure if it is or if they just have that much more market share ) but I've used their warranty as well as others and I can say that I'd much prefer to deal with Vortex over another well know higher end manufacturer.

I just returned from the Prairie dog fields of Montana. My 7-35x56 ATACR was awesome, with no problems. I also brought my Sightron SV3 5-40x56mmED glass.(LRM reticle) I also had zero problems with that scope. But I do like the reticle on the ATACR better(1 Mil-R)
I think the optics of the two scopes are equal.

Reactions: Earnhardt and lash
Here is my personal experience with Tangent since I have several.

I contacted them regarding a turret on one of my JTAC not "feeling the same" as my other TTs. This was a combination of personal preference and, maybe, a defect. I competed for nearly a season with this scope, so it's not like it was an urgent or pressing issue.

I immediately got a reply from CS with an expedited customs form and prepaid UPS International shipping.

I received the scope back with the issue fixed (they also checked the rest of the internals), a diopter ring and seal fixed that they felt was subpar (I didn't notice), cleaned, and expedited international shipping back. All in time for my next 2 day.

Communication was outstanding along each way (sending, when they received it, what they fixed and why, and when they sent it).
Had an almost identical experience with my JTAC. Customer for life with how they treated me - like I actually bought something really expensive and they knew it/were grateful I was a customer.

That said the 7-35x doesn’t call me to me, very much.

Reactions: NiteQwill