• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tangent Theta Glass

Sgtvandy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2020
The Tangent Theta Model TT315H Long Range Hunter has me obsessing although it’s 10oz heavier than where I started but 6oz lighter than my kahles K525I I have to date. I’m scouring the interweb and every forum trying to find input if this truly is a good hunter optic to match with my 6.5prc.
I haven’t been able to look through a TT to compare glass or light transmission etc to a high end swaro/kahles but is TT superior or just on the same level as the other tier 1 glass?

Last edited:
I have a couple of Tangents and Kahles, and I really like them both. When you get into that price range it becomes difficult to dissect the differences in optical quality. Does a TT have better glass than the Kahles? I think most would say yes. However, is the slight increase in clarity/quality worth the extra cost, that's up the the individual.

Personally, I find the K525i to have a slightly more forgiving eyebox than the Tangent. And only when compared side by side could you see a difference IMHO.

CM

Reactions: longshot2000
I’ve got the 315 H on my 6.5 SAUM and my 7 SAUM, both rifles built for hunting. Love them, best glass I’ve ever bought. No problem dialing and hitting a gong out to 1,000 yards.

I have the TT hunter. I had to
Send it in for illumination not working. Not a big deal, everything worked and looked great otherwise. I like the new vortex lht 4.5-22x50. I like it better than the TT LRH. Easier to get behind and plain works. I have two now.

I have the TT315P version. Great glass, very tank built. In all honesty though, I also have atacr 4-16 f1, which I think is perfect for hunting. And the glass and light transmission compared to my TT? I mean imo, I can’t tell which one is better then the other. Expect the fact that the atacr is 1/2 the price.

I have a couple of Tangents and Kahles, and I really like them both. When you get into that price range it becomes difficult to dissect the differences in optical quality. Does a TT have better glass than the Kahles? I think most would say yes. However, is the slight increase in clarity/quality worth the extra cost, that's up the the individual.

Pretty much this. ^^^

Is a Ferrari a better car than an Porche ? Probably. Sometimes you might want an SUV. Mostly, the reticle and how you like it and use it will make the most difference. People love or hate the Kahles SKMR3. Most like the Nightforce Mil XT a lot. TT and S&B reticles are seldom criticized. Personally, I cannot stand the EBR-7 from Vortex, but I know a number of people who sear by it.

Thanks Guys for the responses. I won’t make a spontaneous decision, gonna keep shooting and i hope to run in to one where I can handle before dropping that cash. That new vortex is interesting as well.

I have the TT 5-25 and it is great, my last hunting rifle is topped with a Swarovski x5 and I have been really impressed with low light clarity