• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tangent theta or ZCO

I own both, although have only had the TT a few weeks. They are both fantastic and I plan to shoot matches with the TT this year to see if the ZCO becomes a TT or the TT becomes a ZCO.

So far, I kind of like the ZCO more. It has much more elevation adjustment and can focus down to 25m, so its a much better option for rimfire games. The Gen3XR is a nice reticle but its a bit on the thinners side. The MPCT3X is about perfect and the dots really do help you make faster adjustment on the clock. The turrets on the TT are hard to beat and rezeroing does not get any easier. Glass wise its kind of a wash, the TT does look cooler and more natural where the ZCO seems a bit brighter and maybe more pop. I haven't shot the TT in mirage yet but I assume it will equal or exceed the ZCO. Both have locking diopters which is nice. ZCO gives range estimates on parallax while the TT doesn't if that matters.

I got a really good deal on my TT and it was cheaper than a new ZCO. I would NOT pay $5K for one based on what I have seen so far.

You really can't go wrong with either unless you need the features for shooting rimfire, then the ZCO is an easy choice. I think it comes down to reticle, turrets and if you need more elevation.

If I had a gun to my head and had to pick one, it would probably be ZCO. I think its a peer at a much lower price. Each one has some things it does
better/different than the other but the reality is, you are choosing between a Lambo and a Ferrari. Neither choice will disappoint you.
Thanks for a great over view

I was wrong on all accounts, haha.

Lt5.gif

Does the age of the two companies have any weight in this debate? I realize they are both relative newbies compared to S&B, Kahles, etc.

Reactions: lh leggtowner
Just wondering where I can verify the guaranteed corporate longevity of ZCO? I have no animosity regarding the brand. I am retired, have 1 TT and 2 Kahles scopes and am unlikely to buy another big $ scope, though I might sell one of my Kahles K624I scopes to replace with another wonder scope at some point in the future.I don't sell scopes.I compete only against my area group of shooters.In old IPSC terms I shoot stock gear and not into "race guns". My question is philosophical, not meant to be argumentative. Since getting interested in this area of shooting I have watched a parade of the "best thing since sliced bread optics" be praised on this forum. Brand X new scope is the best, then awhile later problems are brought up , then you couldn't pay me to use that scope you better get the new Brand Y if you want to have the best gear. Then 6 months later, the next new thing comes on the scene, Brand Z and you couldn't give me one of those crappy Brand Y scopes, and I'd be ashamed to admit I ever spent good money on a Brand X.

.Looking forward to seeing those cash money details.

Just wondering where I can verify the guaranteed corporate longevity of ZCO? I have no animosity regarding the brand. I am retired, have 1 TT and 2 Kahles scopes and am unlikely to buy another big $ scope, though I might sell one of my Kahles K624I scopes to replace with another wonder scope at some point in the future.I don't sell scopes.I compete only against my area group of shooters.In old IPSC terms I shoot stock gear and not into "race guns". My question is philosophical, not meant to be argumentative. Since getting interested in this area of shooting I have watched a parade of the "best thing since sliced bread optics" be praised on this forum. Brand X new scope is the best, then awhile later problems are brought up , then you couldn't pay me to use that scope you better get the new Brand Y if you want to have the best gear. Then 6 months later, the next new thing comes on the scene, Brand Z and you couldn't give me one of those crappy Brand Y scopes, and I'd be ashamed to admit I ever spent good money on a Brand X.

What do you expect them to do hand over their balance sheet lol?

Seriously.... Have you checked the px? Used ones don't last long...

Reactions: lh leggtowner

Here’s some info on ZCO and how it became. Not saying it’s going to be here forever but it’s guys who know good optics and a combination of great and wanted features

What do you expect them to do hand over their balance sheet lol?

Seriously.... Have you checked the px? Used ones don't last long...

As a dealer of premium optics and one of the larger ZCO dealers I can confirm that they will be around a long time producing some of the finest optics on the planet.

Why waste time with this when Counter Sniper is way ahead of the game,

You want T3 and T5? With CS you just put them in the same scope!!
View attachment 7809247View attachment 7809248
Haha, I laugh pretty hard when I'm watching a movie with a sniper and you see the reticles they show........9/10 I'm like "where did they get that rediculous reticle from......?" Must be NC Star or some crap like that. Also, I love when the sniper is looking through the glass and I notice the scope caps are on :)

Haha, I laugh pretty hard when I'm watching a movie with a sniper and you see the reticles they show........9/10 I'm like "where did they get that rediculous reticle from......?" Must be NC Star or some crap like that. Also, I love when the sniper is looking through the glass and I notice the scope caps are on :)

Or when they're banging the hottest chick in the coolest position, until you realize it only works if your dick is greater than 17 inches :ROFLMAO:

Or on “Shooter” where wahlberg can read a Dinty Moore soup can at a mile and the swirl enters the scope from the bottom before striking the can

Reactions: deersniper
Or on “Shooter” where wahlberg can read a Dinty Moore soup can at a mile and the swirl enters the scope from the bottom before striking the can
Yeah, I seriously wonder sometimes how Hollywood is so "off" when it comes to gun, scopes, reticles and shooting. How friggin hard can it be to hire a gun enthusiast to remind them use a decent scope, normal (useable) reticle and take the friggin scope caps off????

Yeah, I seriously wonder sometimes how Hollywood is so "off" when it comes to gun, scopes, reticles and shooting. How friggin hard can it be to hire a gun enthusiast to remind them use a decent scope, normal (useable) reticle and take the friggin scope caps off????
They do hire people they think know something about guns. Then along comes Alec Baldwin to prove them wrong

I have two TT Gen3xr’s and they aren’t going anywhere. I can not compare because I haven’t ever had a chance to fondle a ZCO, but damn sure want to play with the new one. But the TT turrets are unlike anything I’ve ever felt and the parallax is unreal. Glass is also better than anything else I have ever seen. But everything I have seen and read on ZCO it doesn’t seem like you could go wrong with either one of them.

Probally best you dont mess with a ZCO then. The more I use my TT the more I like my ZCO. Turrets are awesome but that doesnt help me shoot better, better eye box and reticle does.
Probally best you dont mess with a ZCO then. The more I use my TT the more I like my ZCO. Turrets are awesome but that doesnt help me shoot better, better eye box and reticle does.
Don’t tell me that

• Haha
Reactions: CSTactical
I own a ZCO 527 MPTC2 and its the best optic I have ever owned. Am currently thinking about pulling the trigger on a TT Gen3xr not necessarily because its better than ZCO, from all I have heard and read (including this thread) opinions don't seem to vary much, they're the best scopes in the market as of today. Being a self admitted turret whore I just want to test this whole "best turrets ever" thing that's said about TT. I been looking at the Gen3 XR reticle on paper and I like what I see but have not been able to use one. Is my hard on for turrets worth the extra 1k? I guess theres just one way to find out.

I own a ZCO 527 MPTC2 and its the best optic I have ever owned. Am currently thinking about pulling the trigger on a TT Gen3xr not necessarily because its better than ZCO, from all I have heard and read (including this thread) opinions don't seem to vary much, they're the best scopes in the market as of today. Being a self admitted turret whore I just want to test this whole "best turrets ever" thing that's said about TT. I been looking at the Gen3 XR reticle on paper and I like what I see but have not been able to use one. Is my hard on for turrets worth the extra 1k? I guess theres just one way to find out.

Buy one used and sell it if you feel it isn't worth the extra cost. You'll recoup your money.

Try before you buy. I have had a ZCO for about a year and just bought a tangent to see what I like better. Had the Tangent for a few weeks, practiced and shot one PRS match with it, then sold it for another ZCO.

Other than the tooless turrets, the ZCO is better than the TT in everyway IMO, even glass. Way more elevation, Better reticle, thicker reticle, better eyebox, Better color pop, mag ring is smoother, Paralax is marked on the ZCO, not on the TT. Oh and its over $1000 cheaper. I found the reticle to be too thin on the TT and the eyebox was less forgiving in positional shooting.

If you were closer to Colorado I'd say I'd let you check out mine man. I shot my first match with my TT yesterday through some nasty mirage and did some hold overs on a couple stages with the 3xr. Did a great job resolving targets at distance (1180yds). And the reticle worked nicely for the holds for elevation and wind.

Like @BLKWLFK9 said. Buy one used, and if you don't like it, you'll make your money back no problem. My main driving force behind switching was for the ease of rezero running a RMR as I swap barrels often on my AI. I just note the offsets and then reference them when needed.

I had no issues getting behind the scope on positional shooting yesterday or today. Was quite natural imo. I feel they're very comparable in that aspect

05/17/22: We have one available Tangent Theta 5-25x56mm TT525P Gen 3 XR Fine shipping in for those looking for one!

and a few ZCO's in both black or FDE as well ;)

Reactions: deersniper
What about ZERO COMPROMISE is confusing to you people. Its like right in the name! lol

In reality the local youth around here are about split 50/50 (TT/ZCO). I loved the MPCT3 ret so i followed the instructions in the brand name.