• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta - TT525P

So when did steiner start putting a tool-less rezero on their optics. Btw the new steiner 5x25 is $3600 with no ard. So how is a $3600 optic half the price of a TT

Last edited:
So when did steiner start putting a tool-less rezero on their optics. Btw the new steiner 5x25 is $3600 with no ard. So how is a $3600 optic half the price of a TT

Not sure about the zero-stop but the new Steiner Tactical 5-25 is $1999 street.

Are there any plans to resurrect the 1.1-8 scope?

If not, are there any laying around in a corner or closet? I'd like another.

I personally would be basing a purchase on more than that.

Allen wrenches are cheap...

I personally would be basing a purchase on more than that.

Allen wrenches are cheap...

just saying that it is a feature that no other scope on the planet has. It takes a great deal of innovation and engineering to accomplish what they accomplished. That feature in itself is worth a couple hundred bucks at the very least.

just saying that it is a feature that no other scope on the planet has. It takes a great deal of innovation and engineering to accomplish what they accomplished. That feature in itself is worth a couple hundred bucks at the very least.

Couple of hundred yes, couple of thousands no. Plus how often do you mess with a zero stop. My SCOPE has a zero stop and after I got it, I set it.......about three years ago.

Couple of hundred yes, couple of thousands no. Plus how often do you mess with a zero stop. My SCOPE has a zero stop and after I got it, I set it.......about three years ago.

if you own a DTA you will adjust the zero every time you change the barrel.

What was/is the problem with the Premier toolless zero system that required an engineering change?

I can see the new TT turret has a much larger dog ring (to transmit torque from turret cap to turret leadscrew) on it than premiers did, which is simply best engineering practice...but I wasn't aware of a problem here to begin with.

Please discuss.

image.jpg

Ok, superman. Use your superpowers right here in this very Snipers Hide Rifle Scopes forum. There are two very hot threads here, NOT pertaining to the TT scope you love (by the way, no shame in that). There is a new Steiner Tactical scope (look up t5Xi) that is being made as we speak, due to release this month for...you guessed it...$1999 street price...

Last edited:
Stuperman1216 is technically correct. The new Steiner is not available yet. But I don't know what point he's trying to make.

What was/is the problem with the Premier toolless zero system that required an engineering change?

I can see the new TT turret has a much larger dog ring (to transmit torque from turret cap to turret leadscrew) on it than premiers did, which is simply best engineering practice...but I wasn't aware of a problem here to begin with.

Please discuss.

There was a problem with the original design being a little less then positive. Very very few designs arrive fully formed and perfected at the onset. Hopefully the guys doing the new scope have gotten everything right with this do-over.

OFG

Ok, superman. Use your superpowers right here in this very Snipers Hide Rifle Scopes forum. There are two very hot threads here, NOT pertaining to the TT scope you love (by the way, no shame in that). There is a new Steiner Tactical scope (look up t5Xi) that is being made as we speak, due to release this month for...you guessed it...$1999 street price...dick.

1) not in love with anything in that price range
2) no steiner 5-25 in existence is selling for 2K currently
3) the only current model for the 5-25 is the M5xi ($3200) street price

I am wondering how you are comparing an optic which is currently not in existence to an optic that is currently on the market. forget price. forget features. how can you qualify your statement with a theoretical scope.

If you want to compare an optic to something that exists on the current market, then at least pick one that actually exists. That's all I'm saying.

also the t5xi line is more comparable to the light tactical version of the TT 3-15 M series which sells for 3K.

Last edited:
What statement did I make that needs qualifying?

I did nothing to compare any scopes. I simply answered your question asking about a Steiner scope being offered for $2000.

If you want to compare an optic to something that exists on the current market, then at least pick one that actually exists. That's all I'm saying.

also the t5xi line is more comparable to the light tactical version of the TT 3-15 M series which sells for 3K.

How so?

The LT is a 3-15 and has a 30mm tube.

How so?

The LT is a 3-15 and has a 30mm tube.

the t5xi does feature a 34mm tube, but has 4 mils less elevation on the turret. Also that scope weighs about 10 oz. less than the TT 5-25. So how did they cut the weight? Would't that weight reduction also affect the durability of the t5xi? Does that weight reduction also reduce the price. A more realistic comparison for the t5xi($2K) is to compare it to the M5xi($3K) not the TT525P. If Steiner is saying those two models are different, then how is it similar to the TT525P. I would be more inclined to compare the M5xi to the TT525P than the T5xi.

Last edited:

Please discuss.
I've only had my 3-15 for a few months but the issues I have seen so far are that you may need to adjust the lever tension depending on how big the change in zero was, not a big deal but it's a bit annoying. The only other issue I have experienced is when I re-zeroed one time after tweaking the mount, I found I needed to crank 4mils up, I did so and verified the adjustment. I then flipped the lever over and reset to zero and re-locked the lever, my next shot was right where I started, 4 mils high. I guess the mechanism didn't release from the turret the first time, I redid the zero and it worked fine.

the t5xi does feature a 34mm tube, but has 4 mils less elevation on the turret. Also that scope weighs about 10 oz. less than the TT 5-25. So how did they cut the weight? Would't that weight reduction also affect the durability of the t5xi? Does that weight reduction also reduce the price. A more realistic comparison for the t5xi($2K) is to compare it to the M5xi($3K) not the TT525P. If Steiner is saying those two models are different, then how is it similar to the TT525P. I would be more inclined to compare the M5xi to the TT525P than the T5xi.

So basically you're asking the same questions I am. There are better ways to increase your post count.

I've only had my 3-15 for a few months but the issues I have seen so far are that you may need to adjust the lever tension depending on how big the change in zero was, not a big deal but it's a bit annoying. The only other issue I have experienced is when I re-zeroed one time after tweaking the mount, I found I needed to crank 4mils up, I did so and verified the adjustment. I then flipped the lever over and reset to zero and re-locked the lever, my next shot was right where I started, 4 mils high. I guess the mechanism didn't release from the turret the first time, I redid the zero and it worked fine.
The design of the turrets on the Tangent Theta P-Series turrets were influenced heavily by these types of experiences, and many others. This issue has been completely eliminated on the TT scopes.

If you want to compare an optic to something that exispts on the current market, then at least pick one that actually exists. That's all I'm saying.

Besides this TT that has been reviewed, how many are out there?

There are a few T5xi's in competition shooters hands right now being used.

I would say the both exist at the same level...

Last edited:
This is a great thread for many reasons, and a good example of why I'll miss this current version of the hide. I hope we get the same kind of exchanges on the scout media site.
some comments

1. Orkan, thanks for compiling all these specs, hi res photos and qualitative analysis. It's nice to have it all here in one place and hopefully this will still be available as a read-only archive after the move...but I hope you have it all as a word doc so you can repost if necessary to continue the discourse.

2. Deadnutz regarding your post #45 I believe Orkan was estimating that it was between 6 and 10 thousandths, ie .006-.010 rather than .0006. Orkan does not strike me as a sloppy guy or someone who talks out of his ass.

3. looking forward to the new steiner 5-25 for 2k

4. looking forward to reviews on this TT as folks get them out and use them.

5. this high end scope discussion brings a car metaphor to mind.

If I want a superfast car, I have dozens of options.
-If money is not an issue, I can go 0-60 in 2.5 sec in my Bugatti Veyron for $2,500,000. So F.U.
-If I am poor but want to show that ahole billionaire that he's still only a man, I can go 0-60 in 2.5 sec in my $50,000 Ariel Atom. So no, f.U!!
-And in between 2.5 and 3.5 sec there is a god damned treasure trove of fantastic machines that range from $50k to $1M that virtually guarantees I will find the one that makes my heart race and my dick hard. What does this mean? It means in 2015 we end up with a Dodge Challenger Hellcat that will do 2.9 sec for $60k and a Z06 corvette that will probably just beat it for $80k.
-I see these industries as complex ecosystems, like the ocean. Take out certain elements (some random shrimp, sponge or shark) and you might be surprised to find that the whole thing can go to shit. Here are the questions: if million dollar cars didn't exist, would we be seeing these affordable supercars? ie does the technology and consumer demand migrate around? even if you can't drive the difference between one car and another that costs twice as much, does that mean one of them shouldn't exist? don't they all have a place? And I don't think the Bugatti is driving up kia prices either. I think the net result of all this is that we the consumers win. More performance and price options for us. More pressure on the manufacturers to be innovative and lean. I have to believe that every scope designer out there is going to look at the TT and try to find features they want to copy or beat, for less $, and the whole thing stays vibrant.

What would you really change about this scope ecosystem? it's beautiful

Last edited:
Car manufacturers are very happy to tell us what their cars are made of. I'd like scope manufacturers to be more forthcoming.

Car manufacturers are very happy to tell us what their cars are made of. I'd like scope manufacturers to be more forthcoming.

Agreed. Patents protect IP so withholding design specifics from potential customers to protect IP seems questionable. Eventually those so inclined will get their hands on TT scopes for dissection and reverse engineering anyway.

And it would be very interesting to know how they managed the ultra-forgiving parallax feature.

OFG

They prolly refined the existing design, removing whatever compromises there were at an increased cost.

What I want this scope to be is sharp like a S&B 5-25 and robust like a Hensoldt, but with the latest greatest features.

This is a great thread for many reasons, and a good example of why I'll miss this current version of the hide. I hope we get the same kind of exchanges on the scout media site.
some comments

1. Orkan, thanks for compiling all these specs, hi res photos and qualitative analysis. It's nice to have it all here in one place and hopefully this will still be available as a read-only archive after the move...but I hope you have it all as a word doc so you can repost if necessary to continue the discourse.

2. Deadnutz regarding your post #45 I believe Orkan was estimating that it was between 6 and 10 thousandths, ie .006-.010 rather than .0006. Orkan does not strike me as a sloppy guy or someone who talks out of his ass.

3. looking forward to the new steiner 5-25 for 2k

4. looking forward to reviews on this TT as folks get them out and use them.

5. this high end scope discussion brings a car metaphor to mind.

If I want a superfast car, I have dozens of options.
-If money is not an issue, I can go 0-60 in 2.5 sec in my Bugatti Veyron for $2,500,000. So F.U.
-If I am poor but want to show that ahole billionaire that he's still only a man, I can go 0-60 in 2.5 sec in my $50,000 Ariel Atom. So no, f.U!!
-And in between 2.5 and 3.5 sec there is a god damned treasure trove of fantastic machines that range from $50k to $1M that virtually guarantees I will find the one that makes my heart race and my dick hard. What does this mean? It means in 2015 we end up with a Dodge Challenger Hellcat that will do 2.9 sec for $60k and a Z06 corvette that will probably just beat it for $80k.
-I see these industries as complex ecosystems, like the ocean. Take out certain elements (some random shrimp, sponge or shark) and you might be surprised to find that the whole thing can go to shit. Here are the questions: if million dollar cars didn't exist, would we be seeing these affordable supercars? ie does the technology and consumer demand migrate around? even if you can't drive the difference between one car and another that costs twice as much, does that mean one of them shouldn't exist? don't they all have a place? And I don't think the Bugatti is driving up kia prices either. I think the net result of all this is that we the consumers win. More performance and price options for us. More pressure on the manufacturers to be innovative and lean. I have to believe that every scope designer out there is going to look at the TT and try to find features they want to copy or beat, for less $, and the whole thing stays vibrant.

What would you really change about this scope ecosystem? it's beautiful
Agree 100%. This is truly the golden age of shooting optics right now, at least from my somewhat limited perspective.

Besides this TT that has been reviewed, how many are out there?
I have number 19. ... so that means there is at least 18 others being used.

On another note... patents are only worth what you're willing to spend to defend them. A much better strategy is to make it hard on your competition from every angle possible.

Understand, but we're not asking for that kind of detail. We're asking for stuff like "beefed up internals made of hardened steel with titanium sprinkles and extra seals to protect from leakage when you snorkel through a pool of hazardous waste."

Or can it be mounted on a phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range to use in outer space to defeat Arnold and the rest of the terminators in the zombie apocalypse lol