• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Target help

Jon Lester

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2004
Tazewell . Virginia
I acquired some new targets that were suppose to be 3/8" AR 500 plate.
At 600yds my 7wsm and 284 zip right through them and the 6 creedmore pit them terrible.
Could this not be AR 500 or am I expecting too much from 3/8 AR plate?

Re: Target help

I would say that it is not AR 500. Maybe someone with a 284 or 7 wsm can tell you for sure but I shoot mine at 50-100 yards with .223 and at 100 no marks at all and at 50 a very small dimple that you have to rub with your finger to find it. And yes I know you should not shoot steel at 50 yards with a rifle. We were testing it to see what it would take. MP5/40 at 30 yards doing short auto burst are very fun and leave no marks.

.308 at 100 leaves no marks at all. Just knocks off a little paint.

We have hit 3/8" AR500 steel at 200yds with a 300RUM (208gr doing nearly 3200 at muzzle) and it just bounces off w/o any damage, so no way do you have real stuff.

you got hosed...i have some 3/8 mild steel that a 7wsm puts serious pock marks in at 3050fps but doesnt blow through at 600yd. 500 and under she goes right through. i have some big dog steel that you can shoot as at under 500 and it does nothing to it.