• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

target stands.... best I've found !

Sendero_Man

OMWP... the way I roll
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 29, 2007
    Buffalo, Wyoming
    montanagunslings.com
    Any of ya that love to hang steel and shoot at any distance and on any type of terrain really need to buy some of these stand brackets.

I just use 1/2" rebar for legs. 3' for cross piece and 4' for the legs.

~Ace~ is a site sponsor and a good guy to boot !

His profile:
    http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=32479

His site:
    http://www.acetargets.com

I have ran them myself for over a year and they are easy to pack, carry, set-up and use. So easy, even a guy from Wyoming can do it ! Grin. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM !!
    cool.gif

some of the set ups we have done...

before
    100_08694.jpg

after PGS and myself ran some rounds
    013139.jpg

Steep and Uneven Terrain....
    augustdogs062.jpg

Re: target stands.... best I've found !

Very clever, checked his site, where did you get your plate(s)?

Real estate signs FTW... I have seen someone do that before.

I got one of his 5/8 rebar stands. I love it! It works great and very easy to setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very clever, checked his site, where did you get your plate(s)? </div></div>

the plates with the holes around them are flanges from the methane fields here.. laying around and had them given to me. Told they don't use them anymore after they have been removed.

I never thought of using bunge cords to hang steel, brilliant!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: worldhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice! I prefer to use real estate signs. </div></div>
    Me too.

Thanks for the kind words Scott. You got some of the first ones and after beating the shit out of them I had the feedback I needed to sell them... So far I have had no complaints or fails and there are a Pile of them out there. With the new shop, Shipping times will be getting better... So order all you need
    smile.gif
    ~Ace~

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: avidflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone see a price on these? </div></div>

on his website, just add to your cart or order I think.

Normal stands are $15 a set plus $15 Shipping on up to 100 sets. Large stands are $22 each, same shipping. Mix and match as you wish. ~Ace~

Great idea! I built a similar version of it, but it was probably a bit overkill, as it was way too much metal to lug in and out of the field. I think I'll replace a lot of the metal with wood.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Normal stands are $15 a set plus $15 Shipping on up to 100 sets. Large stands are $22 each, same shipping. Mix and match as you wish. ~Ace~</div></div>

What stands does Scott have? What's the difference with the large?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Normal stands are $15 a set plus $15 Shipping on up to 100 sets. Large stands are $22 each, same shipping. Mix and match as you wish. ~Ace~</div></div>

What stands does Scott have? What's the difference with the large? </div></div>

Jason,

I have the normal ones that use 1/2" rebar. 99% what I use !

I do own one large set that run 5/8 rebar for hanging BIG steel.

Unless you have a huge groaner of a plate to hang, the normal are great. I have hung 75 lb. steel off the 1/2" just fine.

Hope that helps.

Scott

I got 3 sets set up currently, with a couple different sized targets on each stand. I got a couple more in my garage that I need to get some targets for. I've used them since last summer and they work. Cheap and convenient!!!

5ft 1/2" rebar...That is a 12x12 plate. I currently have that and a 10" round on the same stand and the half inch holds up great.

IMAG0239.jpg

Might actually be 4ft lengths, I don't remember...

Might have to pick up a few sets for my range.

I need some soon also.

I know they are already a fair price but Ace, you should jump on the group buy wagon and run us a special. Unless you don't have enough spare time to fill an insane amount of orders.

I will have to order some of these.

The 5/8 stands are OverKill for most applications. If your using them for more permanent locations or need to go Tall to get targets above vegetation or rolling land they help. For 85% of application that 1/2" work perfectly.

PM's back...

I just use 1/2" rebar for legs. 3' for cross piece and 4' for the legs.

can get all the pieces for one swing set (4 legs and one cross piece) outta a 20' piece of rebar.

Sendero Man, I have a set just south of you at Newcastle and I have a set over here in Rapid City. They are Great!!! I will be sending another set up to the ranch in Gillette. I am going to have to go look around at the ranch in Gillette and find some of those Flanges on our Meth fields?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is your ranch at by Gillette ? </div></div>

Just North on 1416

Thanks for info,those look good and simple....just ordered 4 pair.

I have a set of them that I had him build for 5/8 rebar and they've held up well. I went with 5/8 to better withstand my Barret .388 and I needed to run them taller due to terrain. One of them took a piece of shrapnel but is still going strong.

I have tried a little bit of everything and for places I can leave my targets I use an H base and 4x4 post. These things are great though and what I use anywhere i have to move my targets in and out. Simple and cheap. I did modify my cross bar by putting on 4 ground clamps....one on each side of the chain that my target hangs from to keep them from moving laterally.

Hey Sendero, Nice coyote, looks like you are peppering it!!!

Last year I got a couple of sets of the brackets from ACE and some steel plate from jcvibby. Put them together and we have a very affordable, portable, tough target setup! It was a pleasure doing business with these guys...AND they both shipped by USPS Priority Flat Rate boxes...a real $$$ saver for us Hide Members in Alaska! These setups have held up to everything we've shot at them...including .50 bmg. Thanks guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Sendero, Nice coyote, looks like you are peppering it!!! </div></div>

just a tad over 700 yards.

We shot 338LM, 308, 6.5 4S, 30-06, etc..... still like NEW
    grin.gif

I flat out wrecked some steel with my 338 Lapua last weekend and these stands held up excellent!

Sup brutha?

Those stands are the bomb! I've only had to replace one re-bar is all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sup brutha?

Those stands are the bomb! I've only had to replace one re-bar is all.</div></div>

Shot your rebar?? Better tighten up them groups or move in a little closer my friend! grin

Just ordered a set. Beats trying to reinvent the wheel. I'm going to see if they can replace my coonass engineered bases on my spinner target.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sup brutha?

Those stands are the bomb! I've only had to replace one re-bar is all.</div></div>

Shot your rebar?? Better tighten up them groups or move in a little closer my friend! grin </div></div>

Laffin'.....it wasn't me, one of my shooting pals. Sendero was there. it was pretty funny! It wasn't him either...