• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tax Refund Appropriation

Srikaleak

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2018
I know I know, "why didn't you adjust your withholding so you didn't give the government an interest free loan" you'll say. Let's ignore this question and just say someone (it may have been me) screwed up.

That being said how would you allocate your tax refund? How are you planning on "spending" it.

I am thinking 66% Save 33% spend but I could be swayed to change those percentages either way. The only responsible thing I need to be doing which I'm not is saving up for a house and a new car 5 years down the road. All other accounts are being funded automatically. And my ammo cache is really low.

So that 33% spend. Buy factory ammo or invest in reloading equipment? Save it? Spend entire refund? What are you planning on doing?

Reloading equipment. Invest in yourself, in your happiness, and in your prosperity. You'll still 'have something' at the end of it, you'll make better ammo which means you'll be a better shot, ergo you'll be happy and then in the end, you'll save money from buying factory ammo AND you'll have all this infrastructure in the end, to make even more ammo!

Win/win/win situation.

Reactions: lash and Srikaleak
"That being said how would you allocate your tax refund? How are you planning on "spending" it."
ZomboMeme 21032019201933.jpg

My wife will decide what 'we' do with it. She doesn't ask where a penny goes during the year, so I am good with her focused on the refund distraction.

Not black holes.
Precious little deductions.
Yeah, they destroyed the refund already. Well, I always pay off any debt with it first anyway. I have zero CC debt. My card has a 15-20k limit. Most I ever had on it was $3k. I drive a 97 Jeep. Wife has a 2014 coke dealer car. Boat bought with cash. All guns with cash. If I don’t have debt to pay off or bills to cover I put my refund in the retirement investment fund. It’s small, but it’s a start. I use to make big $$$ (to me at least) but a couple career changes destroyed what I had saved. I don’t want to have to work past 65. But will if I feel like it. I got a looong way to go before then but have 25years or so to do it.

We owed $100 after signing our less than $1K state refund over to the Feds.

Probably the perfect tax filing.

I missed the $2K we used to get back but I enjoyed paying the $50 or so extra in my check on my mortgage.

Reactions: Bender
I was blessed to have been hurt on the job and so have been retired since ‘09. My only debt is my house.
Nothing wrong with older cars. If they have rust it’s my rust.

Reactions: Bender
Send it to me so I can send it to the federal gov that I despise and want to see crushed like a fat tick.

Other than that, use it as you would the rest of your money, cause it's your money.

When our 3 kids were still under 18 years old ,in HS 6 to 7 G's back every year ohhh the good old days...buy a Dillon 1050 ammo will be the new currency when the SHTF..... You will be the man.

I thought my tax return got stolen 2 years ago due to some weird turbo tax emails ( never used turbo tax). Swore I was gonna start claiming dependants I don't have so I would have a debt at years end. dont figure anyone will steal a debt.

Can't argue with the Dillon - get it while there are still options. I remember getting into reloading in 2012 and the only Dillon packages I could find were like .45LC or something (which would be fine now that I'm interested in Cowboy games, but I wasn't then)

Also, buy more magazines [as I'm apt to say every time AJ says "buy more ammo"] - unless you shoot a Garand or similar and use clips. Then buy clips.

Used a RRS rig last weekend.
Tripod/ball/arca/vyce.
Most stable tripod rig I've used to date.

R

I totally agree. They make a specific interface plate for my AI AT and it is rock solid. It is still harder to shoot than when in the prone with a solid bipod