• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Tax stamp question

Jack17397

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 11, 2011
Florida
Does the ATF charge you the 200.00 tax stamp before the investigation or after the investigation is over?

I thought so, however I purchased my suppressor almost 2 months ago and they haven’t charged me yet? Are they still processing paperwork during this pandemic?

When you bought the suppressor did you send a $200.00 check to the ATF with your paperwork? The ATF doesn't "charge" you, they just expect you to submit a check with your Form 4. If you didn't submit a check with your paperwork, it will get rejected and shredded (most likely).

The ATF cashes your check usually within 14 days of submitting paperwork. But to answer your other question, last I heard, Yes the ATF is still processing paperwork during this time.

I am pretty sure they are still doing paperwork. At least they are doing the in-processing part. I got charged for a few forms a couple of weeks ago.

Additionally, you have the option of using a credit card and just putting that info on the Form 4 now. Written checks are not the only option anymore But they definitely do that a long time before they ever get around to looking at your paperwork.

They're still working. I've had 5320.20's processed and mailed to me as well as two tax stamps cashed.

Reactions: stevieb92
Yes, the ATF NFA division is still working. I just received approval on a form 1 suppressor yesterday.