• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Tbac 338 BA or SR

Jnull

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
I have a 50% off tbac certificate that I’m planning to use on a G2 338. I don’t plan on using it on anything that would require the SR system but I’m wondering if it’s worth going SR just to get the taper before the threads unlike the CB and BA system.

It’s less than 3oz added weight between the two suppressors, they don’t list the brake weights on their site but I can’t imagine there’s much of a difference if any there. The cert will help offset the additional cost too. Any reason not to go SR?

Unless you plan on wanting to run an aftermarket mounting system (419 or similar), it pretty much makes no difference.

I have both systems. The SR on 338 and CB on Ultra 7 and Ultra 9. I've never had any issues with either system and I can't imagine ever having any issues. I do use antisieze on the suppressor threads. I do clean it all off and replace it very regularly. I do clean the cans regularly.
I guess, if you are in the "shoot it until it tells you to clean it" camp, you might end up having some problems.

I have both systems. The SR on 338 and CB on Ultra 7 and Ultra 9. I've never had any issues with either system and I can't imagine ever having any issues. I do use antisieze on the suppressor threads. I do clean it all off and replace it very regularly. I do clean the cans regularly.
I guess, if you are in the "shoot it until it tells you to clean it" camp, you might end up having some problems.

I love anti seize and use it generously when working on vehicles, but it’s not something I want rolling around my safe and range bag. If I just look at the bottle I’m wearing at least half of it.

I really like the SR system. It's particularly handy since I also have Dominus and Dominus-K cans that share the same mount.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
Another consideration is with the BA version you can go to CB with TBAC’s adapter if you’d like. As well as the CB flash hiders have wrench flats, I convert my Ultra 7 CB to direct thread with a flash hider for the guns I don’t always have a muzzle device on. Hansohn’s also makes a CB to direct adapter now.

Reactions: tex68w
Not that anyone cares but I finally decided to use my cert and have a 338 SR on the way. Emailed tbac last week and they must’ve had some raw cans on hand that weren’t spoken for. They’re cerakoting me one in FDE in the next week or two then sending it off to my dealer.

I have an approved magnus hub so saw no reason not to get something big and heavy.

Reactions: FuhQ
Not that anyone cares but I finally decided to use my cert and have a 338 SR on the way. Emailed tbac last week and they must’ve had some raw cans on hand that weren’t spoken for. They’re cerakoting me one in FDE in the next week or two then sending it off to my dealer.

I have an approved magnus hub so saw no reason not to get something big and heavy.
I'm still waiting on my approval for my Magnus-HUB, but that can is no joke. 👍🏼

Another consideration is with the BA version you can go to CB with TBAC’s adapter if you’d like. As well as the CB flash hiders have wrench flats, I convert my Ultra 7 CB to direct thread with a flash hider for the guns I don’t always have a muzzle device on. Hansohn’s also makes a CB to direct adapter now.

I had never seen or heard of the CB to DT adapter, thanks for bringing this to my attention.