• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC 7PRC ?

LikeADirtBoss

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2021
Boulder CO, USA
Interested in picking up a TBAC Dominus HUD to use on several different bolt guns. Mostly it will live on 6 and 6.5 guns. This isn't rated for magnum calibers but it says it can handle up to 300 RUM. One of the rifles it will go on is my hunting rig in 7 PRC. Is this appropriate?
Thanks Jeff

Yes.

According to the website, the dominus is rated for magnum calibers, assuming barrel length requirements are observed. Tech support should be contacted for 7mm loads exceeding 90 grains of powder which is not the case for 7 PRC. So, go nuts with your “Dominus HUD”.

Yes.

According to the website, the dominus is rated for magnum calibers, assuming barrel length requirements are observed. Tech support should be contacted for 7mm loads exceeding 90 grains of powder which is not the case for 7 PRC. So, go nuts with your “Dominus HUD”.
Oregun thanks.
J

Interested in picking up a TBAC Dominus HUD to use on several different bolt guns. Mostly it will live on 6 and 6.5 guns. This isn't rated for magnum calibers but it says it can handle up to 300 RUM. One of the rifles it will go on is my hunting rig in 7 PRC. Is this appropriate?
Thanks Jeff
Don't tell that Zak Smith guy but I'm using an Ultra 5 on a 7WSM. 26" barrel tho. I have a Dominus CB but it just looks silly on a skinny barrel.

I think a Dominus HUB would be a great choice. You could also look at the DD Enticer S-Ti or the SilencerCo Scythe Ti. In fact I'd love to see TBAC test those three suppressors against each other on a 7 PRC.

Don't tell that Zak Smith guy but I'm using an Ultra 5 on a 7WSM. 26" barrel tho. I have a Dominus CB but it just looks silly on a skinny barrel.

I think a Dominus HUB would be a great choice. You could also look at the DD Enticer S-Ti or the SilencerCo Scythe Ti. In fact I'd love to see TBAC test those three suppressors against each other on a 7 PRC.
Yah that SilencerCo Scythe looks interesting. Like the idea of a HUB universal mounting solution. Also skinny barrels and fat cans do look a little weird.
J

Yah that SilencerCo Scythe looks interesting. Like the idea of a HUB universal mounting solution. Also skinny barrels and fat cans do look a little weird.
J
The only way these cans make sense for light hunting rifles is a titanium direct thread adapter for HUB. HUB is great to give you flexibility for different mounting systems. But pretty much every other mounting system is going to be heavy. So based on that logic a normal direct thread can would be fine. The Dominus is worth the extra ounce over the Scythe because it can be used on a large frame AR with some extra heat. For a more multipurpose can the HUB makes more sense.

Not sure where you got that it "isn't rated for magnum calibers" since we list out a ton of them in the minimum barrel specs and the only place the word magnum appears on the spec page https://thunderbeastarms.com/products/dominus-cb is this sentence, "Magnum and SBR rated". For the purpose of minimum barrel lengths, 7 PRC is basically the same as 7 RM, so 16" minimum barrel length.

Two other alternatives I'd suggest would be the Ultra 7 (same suppression as Dominus just lighter and 0.75" longer, smaller OD); or the Magnus, which will be much quieter than the Ultra 7/Dominus. The lightest option would be the Ultra 7 with a Ti DTHUB adapter.

Reactions: HEnrI
Not sure where you got that it "isn't rated for magnum calibers" since we list out a ton of them in the minimum barrel specs and the only place the word magnum appears on the spec page https://thunderbeastarms.com/products/dominus-cb is this sentence, "Magnum and SBR rated". For the purpose of minimum barrel lengths, 7 PRC is basically the same as 7 RM, so 16" minimum barrel length.

Two other alternatives I'd suggest would be the Ultra 7 (same suppression as Dominus just lighter and 0.75" longer, smaller OD); or the Magnus, which will be much quieter than the Ultra 7/Dominus. The lightest option would be the Ultra 7 with a Ti DTHUB adapter.
Zak it was me. I was being an idiot and looking at so many specs, got confused. Thanks for setting me straight guys. Silencer shop which is my preferred way to purchase cans doesn't have ANY of the HUB TBAC supressors :(
J

Zak it was me. I was being an idiot and looking at so many specs, got confused. Thanks for setting me straight guys. Silencer shop which is my preferred way to purchase cans doesn't have ANY of the HUB TBAC supressors :(
J
Buy the suppressor and have it sent to a SOT that works with Silencershop. Then do everything through SS.

Or try Capitol Armory.

If you want your 7prc to be really quiet get a tbac Magnus. I have used ultra 7 and Magnus on 7prc and while the ultra 7 does a good job the Magnus makes it more like 22lr quiet

Primary Arms has Enticer S-Ti's on sale for $587. 6.75", 1.6" diameter, 9.5oz. same ~same but almost half the price

Ask why it’s half the price.
Because that store is running a killer sale. They aren't normally half the price. I thought I had mentioned that. You know? a good deal? A sale?
1000005706.gif

I'm as big a TBAC fan as any, but I seriously doubt the diligent defense suppressors are inferior quality.

Because that store is running a killer sale. They aren't normally half the price. I thought I had mentioned that. You know? a good deal? A sale?
View attachment 8281674

I'm as big a TBAC fan as any, but I seriously doubt the diligent defense suppressors are inferior quality.
There is a reason they cost more other than a name. They are a fine mid level suppressor. They usually sell for $675.00.
Cadillac vs a Chevy.

8.5-9" cans: Dead Air Nomad-LT, Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-L 7.62, or TBAC Magnus-HUB.

7" cans: Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S 7.62, Dead Air Nomad-Ti, TBAC Dominus, or Ultra-7 Gen2 HUB.

Join the crowd. My Fly45 was just sent to my local on a Form 3. Maybe next fall it will be approved. My Marlin 45-70 is waiting. Bear gun for the tree stand.

Modern warriors has all suppressors 20% off right now and carries tbac…I buy all my cans during their holiday sales anymore

Modern warriors has all suppressors 20% off right now and carries tbac…I buy all my cans during their holiday sales anymore
Right after I paid full price for my fly 45. Sweet

Hansohn Brothers $1035.00. Thunder Beast website $1290.00. -$255.00. I did the math for you. Gladly put any of my Thunder Beasts up against your brand of choice.
"Your" Thunderbeast? How many of their cans do you have?

"Your" Thunderbeast? How many of their cans do you have?
4 with Fly45 in jail now.
gen2 338, Ultra 7 30, Ultra 7 30, Ultra 7 223
add a suppressed Yankee Hill 10/22 so 5 working on 6

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
4 with Fly45 in jail now.
gen2 338, Ultra 7 30, Ultra 7 30, Ultra 7 223
add a suppressed Yankee Hill 10/22 so 5 working on 6
Oh wow. You must be a big supporter of their cans with so many of them. 3 rifle cans and a pending pistol can. What have you found about them that stands out above cans like the Diligent Defense and OCL offerings?

Oh wow. You must be a big supporter of their cans with so many of them. 3 rifle cans and a pending pistol can. What have you found about them that stands out above cans like the Diligent Defense and OCL offerings?
I my 52 summers of life and a former dealer. I had the opportunity to try many of them out. Its has zero effect on accuracy is truly what makes them better than the rest. Recoil tamer. Some do well taming recoil but many do not. The felt recoil of the 338Edge in a 12# setup is more than tolerable.

I my 52 summers of life and a former dealer. I had the opportunity to try many of them out. Its has zero effect on accuracy is truly what makes them better than the rest. Recoil tamer. Some do well taming recoil but many do not. The felt recoil of the 338Edge in a 12# setup is more than tolerable.
I have 5 TB cans and have two more in jail. I'm a big TBAC fan. They are my only precision rifle can. I have a couple of REX Silentium cans as well to compare against. There's nothing wrong with the Rex suppressors other than they are heavy and not the quietest rifle cans I've heard. But they do not degrade accuracy and they're durable as fuck. But OCL and Diligent Defense cans have performed well in many tests. I have seen zero information that they are not durable, don't perform as advertised, or degrade accuracy. Do you have this info? Is that why you think they don't compare? What negative experience with them do you have, even anecdotally, that shows they won't do what a TBAC can will? In your 52 summers of experience of course.

I have 5 TB cans and have two more in jail. I'm a big TBAC fan. They are my only precision rifle can. I have a couple of REX Silentium cans as well to compare against. There's nothing wrong with the Rex suppressors other than they are heavy and not the quietest rifle cans I've heard. But they do not degrade accuracy and they're durable as fuck. But OCL and Diligent Defense cans have performed well in many tests. I have seen zero information that they are not durable, don't perform as advertised, or degrade accuracy. Do you have this info? Is that why you think they don't compare? What negative experience with them do you have, even anecdotally, that shows they won't do what a TBAC can will? In your 52 summers of experience of course.
The bottom line is accuracy. If it’s quiet but not accurate what do you really have? The Banish 338 deserves honorable mentions here. As for the suppressors you mentioned, I never had the opportunity to try them. Since they are no longer available to me at the testing level I can‘t request a demo. TB has never let me down and I’m more than okay paying for that reliable comfort. I don’t put much faith in tests. Find the one that gives you the comfort of reliability and go with it. As for negative they all reduce the sound. They all reduce the recoil “some more than others”. But I have yet to see one that holds the accuracy of TB. Do some reading you will find what bench rest shooters use for their personal rifles. That’s how I found them was a local bench shooter and his trust Ultra 9.

I don’t put much faith in tests.
What if TBAC was the one doing the testing and proving that other brands like OCL were holding their own with the TBAC in sound and wave numbers...

As for accuracy testing, yes, I've tested Dead Air, OCL, and TBAC on the same rifle... They all shot the same size group regardless of what was on the gun. None degraded the accuracy of the weapon.

The bottom line is accuracy. If it’s quiet but not accurate what do you really have? The Banish 338 deserves honorable mentions here. As for the suppressors you mentioned, I never had the opportunity to try them. Since they are no longer available to me at the testing level I can‘t request a demo. TB has never let me down and I’m more than okay paying for that reliable comfort. I don’t put much faith in tests. Find the one that gives you the comfort of reliability and go with it. As for negative they all reduce the sound. They all reduce the recoil “some more than others”. But I have yet to see one that holds the accuracy of TB. Do some reading you will find what bench rest shooters use for their personal rifles. That’s how I found them was a local bench shooter and his trust Ultra 9.
So if you haven't tested or shot them, then why do you think DD and OCL cans are half the cans TBAC are? Or are you just woofing big shit?

So if you haven't tested or shot them, then why do you think DD and OCL cans are half the cans TBAC are? Or are you just woofing big shit?
Sales alone speak for themselves. The question is why would you own so many TBAC suppressors if they are not the very best? If cost is an issue then look at a more affordable can like the ones you have mentioned. Ultimately you have to use and live with your can.

Sales alone speak for themselves. The question is why would you own so many TBAC suppressors if they are not the very best?
I bought most of them before any of the OCL and DD cans existed. But again, I'm a fan of TBAC as a company. And if I'm really honest, Zak Smith's early articles on AI rifles and 6.5x47 vs 260 really got me hooked on civilian competition shooting. As far as I know, he has been a huge influence in civilian long range precision action shooting. TBAC is the OG to me. But that doesn't mean the Enticer Sti or OCL Hydrogen S isn't just as good as an Ultra 7.

I bought most of them before any of the OCL and DD cans existed. But again, I'm a fan of TBAC as a company. And if I'm really honest, Zak Smith's early articles on AI rifles and 6.5x47 vs 260 really got me hooked on civilian competition shooting. As far as I know, he has been a huge influence in civilian long range precision action shooting. TBAC is the OG to me. But that doesn't mean the Enticer Sti or OCL Hydrogen S isn't just as good as an Ultra 7.
Try them out and let us know.