• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC CB mount vs Area 419

elcid79

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2019
My rifle collection is growing, and those TBAC mounts are expensive. Plus, I am considering getting a full auto rated can so that I don't have to baby it very much. The 800* limit on the TBAC kinda makes me nervous, probably unjustifiably.

That said, would you all recommend

A - Putting the TBAC mounts on everything.

B- Shifting the the Area 419 system.

Pros of Area 419 - works with other cans, which I may buy going forward, WAY cheaper...

Pros of TBAC - I honestly don't know, I would assume more accurate?

Define your usage a little better. So you have a tbac, and you want something full auto rated? Are you saying you need the FA can to go on the precision rifles, and the Ultras to the AR’s, and vice versa? Pick a mount for the FA can to go on the hosts that need an FA can. Stick to the TBAC mounts or go area 419 for the bolt guns etc. There is no accuracy difference between the 419 and the 30 CB’s.

Sorry, yeah i have 3 or 4 precision rifles. All of those I use the TBAC. Currently, I also use my tbac on my ARs, but just kinda plink with them gently on that. So should i get a FA can, I would use it on the AR pattern rifles. But having the ability to put that can on my precision rifles would be nice, bc i regularly shoot with other people. So allowing them to use the other can would be nice.

How many rounds of consecutive fire in a bolt gun say 6.5 Creedmoor would it take to get my ultra 7 near 800*? 🤣 serious question for Zack

I have a 30P-1 and a Si-Co Harvester with a Dominus CB on order. I decided to skip the TBAC CB brakes and get the Area 419 mounts as I already have two of their Hellfire brakes. I will probably get the 30P-1 re-cored and use the same mounting system for it. I have six rifles plus my sons have a couple and the $40 adapters are cheaper than the brakes.

How many rounds of consecutive fire in a bolt gun say 6.5 Creedmoor would it take to get my ultra 7 near 800*? 🤣 serious question for Zack

I've shot 25 rounds in a 6.5 (26" barrel) in under 1 minute and the suppressor was not at 800 degrees. The armageddon gear covers are great if you are concerned about max operating temperature. One of the materials will start to smoke at ~600 degrees. If you see smoke, stop, pull the cover back and let everything cool down. It takes more than people think to get to max temp.

I've shot 25 rounds in a 6.5 (26" barrel) in under 1 minute and the suppressor was not at 800 degrees. The armageddon gear covers are great if you are concerned about max operating temperature. One of the materials will start to smoke at ~600 degrees. If you see smoke, stop, pull the cover back and let everything cool down. It takes more than people think to get to max temp.

I got my 30P-1 hot enough that I could see the baffles. That was on a 20" 260 bolt gun.

• Wow
Reactions: deersniper
My rifle collection is growing, and those TBAC mounts are expensive. Plus, I am considering getting a full auto rated can so that I don't have to baby it very much. The 800* limit on the TBAC kinda makes me nervous, probably unjustifiably.

That said, would you all recommend

A - Putting the TBAC mounts on everything.

B- Shifting the the Area 419 system.

Pros of Area 419 - works with other cans, which I may buy going forward, WAY cheaper...

Pros of TBAC - I honestly don't know, I would assume more accurate?
I recently bought a Dominus and I think I will go with the Hellfire system on my precision rifle for two reasons: they seem to be more readily available and I can use my other suppressors on it. I will use the TBAC brake on one of my SBRs or something

I brought a Area 419 muzzle brake just before they announce their suppressors. Planning to go for suppressor since it goes on my muzzle brake no problem.

Another vote for the A419 system. Currently rotating brake with multiple rifle and will add the Dominus when stamp clears.

Running the Area 419 system as well. I really like it due in part to how cheap it is to add another rifle to the rotation. I did like my TBAC brake but a little rich for my blood at 125 each.

Can anyone compare the TBAC CB Brake to the Hellfire? Specifically recoil reduction?

I love my TBAC gear, but prefer a very efficient brake for comps....I mainly run a few APA Little Bastard 2. So, some of my cans don't get used as much on the rifles I shoot the most because of the time/effort to remove the LB and install the CB Brake. I would love the ability to swap by hand in a minute or two.

So, a little worried the hellfire is good....It will cost a bit to kit out all the rifles, cans, a few Hellfire brakes, etc....Yikes, but I see myself getting closer and closer to that path. Once set up, a $40 adapter for a new rifle is nice!

Thx
ZY

I think the hellfire is much better than the little bastard. Doesn’t give me a headache after 10 rounds. Plus it makes swapping my can between guns a breeze which is awesome. They’re very effective and I don’t feel that you could go wrong with one.

The TBAC brake I had was on a 20lb 6BR so little to no recoil. The hellfire I have on there is no recoil.

Reactions: ZY100
The CB brake is nowhere near as efficient as the Hellfire. To be expected given the design objective of the CB, which is to function inside their suppressors. You won’t be disappointed with the 419 setup.

Last edited:
As other have stated, the A419 Hellfire is more efficient. Hellfire > Hellfire 2P > TBAC > Hellfire TBAC CB mount. The A419 CB mount is a single chamber brake but most people leave it in the can.

Do you think there is a market for a couple of used CB brakes? I have a 30 cal and a 223. light wear but good shape overall. If I could get enough for them to offset changing to area 419 I would consider it.

Do you think there is a market for a couple of used CB brakes? I have a 30 cal and a 223. light wear but good shape overall. If I could get enough for them to offset changing to area 419 I would consider it.

Yep, price them right and I doubt they last a week. Post them in the PX once you are allowed.

No, they are lightly used. One has some minor scratches from install with maybe 20 rounds through it, the other literally has one magazine through it.

Does anyone have thoughts on how a Dominus would behave differently between having the TBAC CB brake inside versus the 419 TB CB mount? I like the flexibility of the 419 system but something tells me performance of the Dominus relies on their CB brake and suppressor working as a system.

I was just questioning this VERY thing. And reevaluating my options. I may just buy a dominus and put tbac mounts on everything.

Can the CB Dominus do sustained semi auto fire?

I was just questioning this VERY thing. And reevaluating my options. I may just buy a dominus and put tbac mounts on everything.

It’s rated full auto so yeah probably

Read through the info on the Dominus. It is only rated for full-auto fire with the SR-mount version with the SR-brake. It is not rated for full-auto with the CB mount, though "sustained semi auto fire" may be open to interpretation based on your rate of fire, number of mag dumps, etc.

If it's going on a semi-auto battle rifle, I'd feel more confident in having the SR-Dominus. If it's going on a precision bolt gun or AR-10 precision rifle, the CB will likely be just fine.

1604528196030.png

Does anyone have thoughts on how a Dominus would behave differently between having the TBAC CB brake inside versus the 419 TB CB mount? I like the flexibility of the 419 system but something tells me performance of the Dominus relies on their CB brake and suppressor working as a system.
I'm speculating, but I would think it would be difficult to get a measurable difference in performance when suppressed between the CB and 419 mounts.

IMO, if you have a ton of rifles and only one suppressor, the 419 system might make more sense due to economics. I prefer to keep things factory and choose to use the TBAC CB brakes on my precision rifle barrels.

Worth adding here - our CB mounts have a baffle built into them that is very geometrically similar to a CB brake, hoping to keep the performance of the cans as close to the same as possible when using our mounts.