• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tbac choice?

Coopsdaddy

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2021
Oklahoma
TBAC Dominus or ultra 7 direct thread
Use for hunting on 6.5cm and 30-06
Maybe a ar for fun sometimes,but not essential.
Have heard the ultra 7 is almost as quit as the Dominus.
I do like the shortness of the Dominus but the diameter or the ultra because I’m not crazy about how they look on a thinner barrel bolt action.

I’m still rocking a direct thread 30P1. Best fucking can I have. I’ve shot in the .2s with it on my 6.5x47

I have an ultra 7 and I love it to the point I’m thinking about getting another one or an ultra 5 to hunt with

Either way. Go with the visual that makes you happy. You won’t notice the difference in sound. I guess you could decide based on some kind of sustained rate of fire if you are going to go crazy with your AR. I like the short fat can on super heavy comp barrels but I have a U7 too. Both either sustain or improve on a barrel‘s accuracy.

I have the Dominus and the ultra 9. Love them both. The ultra has been on 15 different barrels and still shoots great when I do my part. Top row with the ultra 9 and the bottom with the Dominus. First one on left bottom .238

Attachments

• IMG_0997.jpeg
    IMG_0997.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 47
I have both, although my U7 is a Gen 1. The Dominus might be better suited for AR use but I prefer the thinner Ultra 7 for my woods hunting rifles. Both are great and versatile cans and I can’t tell a meaningful difference in sound attenuation between the two. I am saving for a Magnus however, because on a 16” 308 even the mid-size cans have a bit more bark than I prefer when leaned up against a tree.

The cans are shown on two of my fudd guns for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_4687.jpeg
    IMG_4687.jpeg
    391.2 KB · Views: 64