• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tbac muzzle break

Mojo0254

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2014
Today I tried installing my TBAC muzzle break and I took some of the peel washer off and at hand tight the break was a just slightly past timed. I got the thinnest piece of peel washer I could which bent slightly and holding the action in my hand I could get a wrench to get the break perfectly timed but closer than if I took that slightly bent layer off and torqued it slightly past timed. The reality is I will be shooting the rifle almost exclusively with a suppressor once it gets out of jail so I’m not as worried about perfect timing. My question is since the extra layer was slightly bent but closer to timed and I ES sable to torque it a bit more should I remove the bent layer knowing that if I torque it down without that layer to get the break tight I would be past time and more out of timing than current. I just saw where TBAC has said it could affect alignment if the peel washer is bent some. Is that the case even if it’s a single layer? @TBACRAY

I
Youre fine. Its shim stock, and 99% of it is still standing up fine and keeping the brake square.
I have also considered with no washers it times upside down but since I’m going to be using it with a suppressor shouldn’t matter.