• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC Ultra?

TipToeTango

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Statesville, NC
Sighted in Q the fix today. Consistently around .5” groups without can. Screwed can on CB mount and POI dropped couple inches. This normal? First time shooting Fix and Ultra 7.

POI shifts are a fact of life for suppressors. I have several suppressors and average anywhere between .5" to 2" POI shift. I am not sure of the science behind this? I know all suppressor companies are seeking no POI shift but that's probably not feesible.

Good choice on the Ultra 7. I have the 6.5 variant and the direct thread lockup is awesome...no carbon gets in the threads or lockup shoulder. In addition, it's very light.

Reactions: TipToeTango
When you put weight on the end of a barrel, it causes it to sag, thus lowering your point of impact.
A heavy can on a long thin barrel can move 6-8” down

Reactions: TipToeTango
The harmonics of a barrel can be easily affected, especially by putting a chunk of metal on the end of it. When I think about it, it's amazing to me the POI is only as small as a couple of inches over a hundred yards.

Thank you for input. New to shooting suppressed outside of pistol. I assumed it’d be inch not a couple. Wanted to make sure others had experienced

I have shot my 6.5 Creedmoor with a 26” MTU contour barrel without my TBAC 30CB9 can only twice. First when breaking in the barrel and a second time to check the POI change without the can. About 1/2 MOA shift.....so I put the can back on and always shoot with it.

All those saying it's hard to find these, have you guys actually called around? I used to think the same thing until I was actually shopping around to actually purchase one. I see people all the time saying they're not in stock anywhere. Websites aren't gonna show their inventory online. Call TBAC, they will point you to multiple dealers who have them.

Reactions: AZshooterz
Just got my ultra 7 stamp in the day the gen 2 was announced.. same thing happened with my saker and the omega like 5 years ago. Oh well!