• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

TDS Nomad not working - dead battery?

DGT

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2009
Denmark
My TDS Nomad does not work anymore after it has been switched of for a couple of month.
I’m suspecting a dead battery but shouldn’t it power on anyway with the charger connected?
Could anyone please check if a TDS Nomad will power on with the charger connected but without a battery installed?
Thank you in advance.

My TDS Nomad does not work anymore after it has been switched of for a couple of month.
I’m suspecting a dead battery but shouldn’t it power on anyway with the charger connected?
Could anyone please check if a TDS Nomad will power on with the charger connected but without a battery installed?
Thank you in advance.
My Nomad will power on and boot with no battery installed while connected to the charger/PSU.

Perhaps check with a multi-meter that your PSU is putting out 5 Volts.

My Nomad will power on and boot with no battery installed while connected to the charger/PSU.

Perhaps check with a multi-meter that your PSU is putting out 5 Volts.
Thank you for your answer.

Actually my original PSU outputs 7.4V.
Maybe this could be the problem.
I can measure the same voltage inside the unit on the circuit terminals but there is no current on the terminals going to the battery.
I suspect either a protection feature or a fried main board.
I will test with another 5V PSU.

The end cap on the Nomad with the power socket should list the voltage and amperage needed. Is always a possibility of differences between vintages and models. Mine is marked 5 Volt 4.5 amp.

The end cap on the Nomad with the power socket should list the voltage and amperage needed. Is always a possibility of differences between vintages and models. Mine is marked 5 Volt 4.5 amp.
So is mine.
Well my PSU is obviously broken.
I just found another 5V PSU in the basement and took the plug from the original PSU.
This one actually outputs 5V and guess what:
My Nomad powered up. Yes!!!
I didn’t think of the voltage could be wrong but when you wrote 5 volts it got me wondering.
You just saved my dag👍

Reactions: 6.5SH