• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Teachers

nashlaw

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2006
manchester, tn
Not to rap on anyone's profession, but what are some of the more strange teachers you have had?

One that stands out was a man that taught a college elective. He was eccentric to the max. He would come into class in the dry heat of August wearing galoshes and a scarf. One night, he came in and started rambling about something no one could understand and then asked, "Who in the class is dating my daughter?" There was stunned silence and he just looked around the room, fiddled with his shirt buttons, looked at his desk and so on. Finally realizing he would not continue until someone fessed up, I raised my hand. "Oh," he said, "very well." Class continued as normal- or as normal as it ever was. I should have married her as she is now a millionaire.

Another was a math teacher. I always hated math and this woman wrote with her right hand and erased with her left. I about died in there. I believe she could write faster than she could talk.

Re: Teachers

I had a female teacher in high school that liked to party with me and give me some "extra credit".

A college English 1A professor. Straight vegen hippy wench, but she wore LEATHER Birks and hacked on me and my bros for wearing boots and leather jackets. We rode together a lot, served in the same NG Platoon/Squad and basically raised holy hell with her leather shoes that she would not give up. I think we were lucky to make the B's we got because we gave her total, complete hell as much as we could. She was our project for the semester.
I will not forget the Fashion Professor who sat on teh desk and crossed and uncrossed her legs while wearing a nice skirt

Well, I may have bad short term memory, but my long term is very good. I can remember all my teachers from as far back as pre-school.

First strangest teacher was my kindergarten teacher. I seriously think this woman thought all us kids were total idiots. I mean we were 5 and 6 years old and not totally dumb. She use to keep some inflatable pool toys in the class for us to play with and a few times they would either pop or another kid would let the air out and rather than just blowing it back up right then and there, she would say that she was going to have to take it to the doctors because it was "sick". Even though we would tell her to just blow it back up, she insisted it was sick.

Next strangest teacher I had was my 5th grade teacher. She was a major hippie, but she was pretty cool. There were times she would be dressed like she just stepped out of the 60s.

Next up would have to be my Social Studies teacher in 7th grade who was also my Communication Arts teacher later that semester. I swear this guy had to be a stoner because he was just way too calm and way too funny and pretty much never got any of us in trouble. He would always complain about the other teachers to us and telling us if he knew how to do anything other than teach he would quit. We all thought his ranting was hilarious considering he has been working at that school since before I was even born and he still does.

Next up would have to be my Car Care/Drivers Ed teacher in High School. This guy has zero patience with us and would cuss like crazy to the point his face would get redder than a tomato. Apparently his method worked because we all became great drivers.

I have a few more, but they don't stand out really that much so I'll end it here. Although there was one teacher in High School who was shorter than Lowlight and I combined!
laugh.gif

My most impressive teacher was an Irish Christian Brother who taught the 12th year Comparative Religion Course first semester, and the Catholic Marriage Course the second. The textbooks never came out of the lockers.

All boys' High School.

He left the Order the following year to study to become a Jesuit Priest.

This guy could confront a Mullah and have him standing tall, praying the Rosary, in three days flat. We had some damned interesting arguments.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Although there was one teacher in High School who was shorter than Lowlight and I combined!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Your Kindergarten teacher was onto something.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/combined

Had a college professor that loved to be a bit different than the average professor (was business economics so joking was needed for sanity). One day the guy next to me had his bare feet up on the chair in front of him (lecture hall)…. well he reached out and scratched the top of his foot. Mid class the professor just walks out of class mid sentence (right after the foot scratch) and comes back 2 min later with some Tinactin and throws it at the guy next to me and says “Here let me help you out but it you are spraying it anywhere but your feet take it to the bathroom”. Then as we are all looking stunned the stoner frat guy walks in (a week prior he didn’t show to class so the professor marched the whole class of 60+ across campus to wake this guy up personally as we all squeezed into his dorm room) and sits down in the row in front of me. At this point the professor leaves again and comes back 2 min later this time with a bong (yes a full fledged bong- a nice one at that) and comes up to the guy and puts it on the desk in front of him and tells him “Next time just take care of it right here rather than be late and interrupt class”. I will always remember that guy as he made that class worth going to and I actually learned something.

Lets see

a first grade teacher who dug ner thumbnail into the student's chin and waged his head back and forth and said, "Little people do not do that>"

a HS physics teacher with holes in his shirtw and stapled a cuff with a staple when the cuff button fell off..

A drafting teacher isn 7th grade with the worst bad breath and body odor who ate cigars and whom no one would ask a question because he would put his arm around your shoulders and exhale in your face with death breath...but he could add 20 fractionsin his head all with different denominators and come up with the righe answer every time.

There are many more..beyond HS

had a college instructor with the last name "Bator"......true story

the one black guy in the class always would ask (axe) a question in the following manner.....

.......with a accent from the cotton pickin deep south.....

........" Master Bator "....?????

i swear to god.