• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Teal Season?

smboudreaux

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2009
Addis, La
anyone else getting ready for teal season? we open up on sept 11. things are lookin decent lots of grass and seed, water still pretty low.

Re: Teal Season?

I been ready since january! Water is low around here as well. Went to do a little scouting on the lake and here's what we saw

guess we coulda left the pirogues at home.

Haven't done the teal thing in a few years.
Looks like you guys need a bit af H20 in LA.
I hunt the coast so water is kind of a non issue but the heat and skeeters sure make it a struggle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: locked&loaded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haven't done the teal thing in a few years.
Looks like you guys need a bit af H20 in LA.
I hunt the coast so water is kind of a non issue but the heat and skeeters sure make it a struggle. </div></div>

low water is a good thing where we hunt. you gotta remember we are talking about a over a million acres of cypress swamp and marsh. the water stayed up last year and we had a horrible season. holes we normally waded across had 8 feet of water. we hunted all year out of regular outboards. no need for mud motors.

to be honest i hate teal season. its hot, skeeters are still out. you gotta contend with the spiders, wasps and snakes when building or returning to a blind. by the 2nd week i'm cusing it and by march i'm lookin forward to it. its a love/hate relationship

last year we hid in those tree tops in that pic. Heat I can handle! The skeeters get on my nerves. Louisiana skeeters can stand flat-footed and rape a wild turkey! Its worth it to me though.