• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Team Manners - Not bad for a girl -

tmanners

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2006
1232 swift, NKC, MO.
abbyfirstdeer.jpg
Life is good boys. This weekend was Youth deer season here in Missouri. Here is my 8 year old daughter ( Abigail Manners ) with her first whitetail deer. She droped him at 223 steps like a sack of taters today with her little 243 with black/gray and pink camo. As you can tell I am a little proud. I think one of the highlights for her was showing off her deer at the meatlocker to all the boys that got does. And of course it is a Manners Stock.

Re: Team Manners - Not bad for a girl -

Tom, congrat's for your daughter.That had to be a very happy moment for all.Great job...

Thats cool and i bet she is just as proud as can be. I can here all the talk when she is in school and probly giving the boys a hard time. Nice deer and i wonder why she is using a Manners stock?

Tom that is awesome my man, I would be super proud too. My girls are still little but someday I hope to have that same enjoyment. Well done abigail

Great... Now I get the pressure of being showed up by Todd AND an 8 y/o girl in a couple weeks...

Nice pic Tom, I can't wait until my little girls are old enough to do the fun stuff with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darrenk75b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What stock is that? Looks like an adjustable SL? </div></div>It is a highly modified version of a stock that we used to do for the custom shop at TC. We added an adjustable cheek, and an adjustable lop spacer kit with a min of 12 1/4" lop with a sims pad. This way she can grow into it. The action is an Icon with a 18" barrel and a 1.5 to 4 power red dot scope. Thanks

Dang that is cool. My little one is only 20 months so I have to wait awhile before I take her out.

Awesome stuff right there!

congrats make a dad proud,something shell always remember

Congrats to you and her both. That's a very nice deer. Great shooting on her part.

Charlie

That's great Tom. You must be very proud. The shop told me your hunting trip might slow down delivery of my stock. No problem as long as you are bringing home pictures like this. Glad it was a memorable outing. Not a bad deer for her first one.

Way to go Tom and Abigail!!..very nice looking deer and rifle.

funny how the bigger their smile gets, the bigger yours does as well!

Great job.

Trilogymac

Congrats on one of the best days ever for you both. Team Manners kicks buck.

Congrats,
She looks very pleased!
Can't wait until I get to take my girls..

Congrats to both of you! I plan on taking my 2 little girls to the woods this weekend.

That is great, glad to see her do so well. Very cool rifle looks to be a very handy size.

Re: Team Manners - Not bad for a girl - #2

20121103_084931.jpg

Another great day boys, My little girl Abigail smoked another buck today with her little 243. Not as big as her first buck a few years ago, but not bad for a girl. Although see missed on her first shot, she kept her cool and got a quick clean kill with the second round at about 180 yards. She even helped with the field dressing.

Congrats to the both of you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats to both, what bullet is the buck slayer slingin? </div></div>I have her shooting 80grain loads. She has taken a total of 3 deer with them, 150 to 220 yards, all have been good clean one round kills. The barrel is only about 18" with very little recoil.

pat her on the back for me Tom...

great to see the kids out ! I enjoy nothing more than hunting with my son.

Good on you for getting her in the field and taking the time out !
wink.gif

Great story and days for both of you. But like someone above kinda stated....now I'm getting shown by the lads and a 8 year old girl!

Cheers,
Breeze

Looks good...another nice buck for her, congratulations!

Excellent work Tom.

I will always remember the first hunt with my oldest, last year she was 4 and we went mule deer hunting with my parents. great pic of Dad, myself and the little one.

Thats another awesome deer for her Tom, nice work!! She is turning into quite the little hunter!!

Very, very cool! Congrats to both of you!!