• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

telephone booths on Camp Pendleton

There were a bunch of pay phones at the BMT Squadron buildings on Lackland when I was there in 2007

Got in a bit of trouble making a phone call while in boot camp during rifle qual stage of my training. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Redmanss
Got in a bit of trouble making a phone call while in boot camp during rifle qual stage of my training. ;)
Yeah, we would have been beat (literally) in 1980.
I may have some pictures Of Mainside but it'll be a few days to look

Yeah, we would have been beat (literally) in 1980.
I may have some pictures Of Mainside but it'll be a few days to look
This was in 85 and my drill instructors were pissed to no end. Must have lost 10lbs after doing all those exercises. Another DI ratted us out. It was still worth it. Lol

Kids today won’t know the panic of losing their stack of pre-paid calling cards.
On one of my deployments, we were the cool kids who gave away our USO provided pre-paid calling cards. We had a phone and a passcode to call the states for free in our office.

On one of my deployments, we were the cool kids who gave away our USO provided pre-paid calling cards. We had a phone and a passcode to call the states for free in our office.
Gained some Good Samaritan points with that one man. 😂 I was in during the MySpace era of MWR phone banks. The terminal lance comic strip that showed what went down was spot on.

The Lejeune phone center was the only place I ever bounced a check at, don’t float checks on base... Got off with an ass reaming by the First Shirt, and went back to good ol’ letters home. Which I hardly wrote. And I didn’t call. I still don’t.

My mother once sent me a message “Why does find friends say you’re in Saudi Arabia”? My step-father told me it wasn’t bad that I don’t call often, but I am expected to at least tell my mother when I’m leaving the country for several months for work.

Reactions: clcustom1911
Remember being next in line at the pay phone in the midst of the barracks at ITS Camp Geiger.

Kid on the phone was talking to his girlfriend.

Gist of the conversation was.....

"So did he fuck you?"

"Not really? what does that mean?"

"So he went down on you.....Did you blow him?"

Most uncomfortable eaves drop ever.

The Lejeune phone center was the only place I ever bounced a check at, don’t float checks on base... Got off with an ass reaming by the First Shirt, and went back to good ol’ letters home. Which I hardly wrote. And I didn’t call. I still don’t.

My mother once sent me a message “Why does find friends say you’re in Saudi Arabia”? My step-father told me it wasn’t bad that I don’t call often, but I am expected to at least tell my mother when I’m leaving the country for several months for work.

Payday at Subic Bay and running down to the main side from Cubi to hit the phone exchange.

I made like a 15 minute call and two weeks pay was gone.......:(

• Haha
Reactions: Redmanss
Distinctly remember devil dogs running up their calling card debts on those phones and getting in trouble with their commands.

I wasn't one of them.
Remember the "Arrive Alive" free taxi ride card when you got a little drunky with your Marines at the Margarita Rocks or Purple Palace? And then, and then.... spiking IV's at the barracks... and occasional stitches! 🤣😂😛

Marines hurt themselves in the most mysterious ways.

[Long sigh with a smile] ahhh... memories....

Similiar but different.

There were (still not?) no public phones on Hammelburg in the late 90s/early 2000. If you couldn't leave the installation, you had zero outside phone access.

An enterprising young man may or may not have convinced the staff at Olly's Landezone inside the installation to let him use their phone at times.

Courtesy 8th Air Force?

No, Olly's was the only outside restaurant actually inside the installation. Think something like a higher end Robin Hood sandwich place on base, but a sit down restaurant as well. There was also always a rotissiere chicken truck and kebap guy outside the gate at the enterance which just basically trolled everyone.

The waitresses thought that the good looking Oberleutnant was hitting on them when I actually just wanted to use their phone.

eta - Changed the rank, I wouldn't have been promoted until Kosovo afterwards.

When I returned in 2001 I actually went back there and told them to let me know if anyone asks/trys to use their phone and to report it to me if they do. Was curious if anyone else had ever thought to do it or was trying to think out of the box.

Reactions: pmclaine
Shit, the pay phones on Camp Geiger stayed until the early 2000’s. At least I used them in 2005 to call home once, then figured it’s easier to go out in J-action-ville and do hood rat stuff with my hood rat friends!

Shit, the pay phones on Camp Geiger stayed until the early 2000’s. At least I used them in 2005 to call home once, then figured it’s easier to go out in J-action-ville and do hood rat stuff with my hood rat friends!

Jacksonville, Florida....the only place on earth someone could give you directions to anywhere, based solely on strip club locations.

What the fuck is a pay phone?!
Google them! Once you get to be our age you don't have time to explain what they were no more.
I remember standing in line at NTC, or in some litter box overseas for hours waiting to be able to exchange my money for a couple minutes phone call.