• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tell me about aftermarket Recoil buffers

a1-equipment

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2007
Salem VA
Are there buffers any out that actually improve performance ie reduce recoil or improve cycle, reliability ect

Looking for one for my
Ar-15 3 gun setup( looking for speed or reliablity)
&
Ar-10 long range set to reduce recoil to stay on target
For follow up shot

Buffers? Not really sure.

I can tell you that a good muzzle break or a supressor make a huge difference.

I have a Roedale beak on my Larue OBR, and it makes a huge difference.

I have a supressor and a break (I use one or the other) on my 308 700 Remington, and the difference is amazing. BUT, the can adds a few pounds to the rifle.

For 3-gun in the AR15, I was finally able to try out the JP Silent Captured Spring assembly, it was the smoothest I have felt so far. The next would be the MGI Rate Reducer and Recoil buffer, but it is meant to slow the cyclic rate.

Either way, a JP low mass operating system will increase your cyclic rate. You will want to tune your system for the loads and temperatures you will be shooting in, although many guys just rely on a good muzzle brake and an 18-20" barrel with RLGS and good trigger, with consistent ammunition.

A complete JP rifle is hard to beat for 3-gun, and has been one of the main trend-setters in high end performance for well over a decade now.

For long-range with the AR10, you could apply the same formula. A muzzle brake is usually sufficient. There is an AR10 Silent Captured Spring as well.