• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Templar Bases

Limbic

Private
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
Jackson, Ms
I just got my 280AI GAP with Templar action. It has a rather narrow two piece base mounted on it. I removed it and my NF 20MOA doesn't fit. No biggie. The NF rings are too broad for these bases. The aren't picatinny shaped but rather smooth. Anyone have any experience with these and what type of rings did yall use?

Maybe another one piece picatinny rail that I could mount and use the NF rings I have?

Re: Templar Bases

Well after the light of day has settled my excitement - they are dove tail type bases so maybe Farrell or kelby rings?

sounds like you need some kelbly rings. that type base is very common on BR rigs. in fact, that is pretty much all that is used. good setup but probably not quite as stout as a good rail and HD rings. those bases and rings are most generally aluminum to help keep weight down. the BR guys like to put all the weight they can in the barrel.

chuck

That is what I thought. I have kelby rings on my FCLASS stiller viper in 6 BRX but didn't know if they were robust enough for a "hunting gun"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limbic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got my 280AI GAP with Templar action. It has a rather narrow two piece base mounted on it. </div></div>

I sure hope that's not the bases they use on the Templar action Non-Typical GAP rifles. I was planning on using Seekins rings.

I don't know about the non-typical GAP. I would think that is kinda what I have. I gave them a list of parts I wanted used and they put together the best looking rifle you could imagine. Templar, Jewell, HTG, bartlien, badger bottom. The templar really locks up tight and is smooth. I'm sure I can trade it out.

I've just about fondled the cerakote off of it.
grin.gif