• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

templar tactical sniper school

so467

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2009
doylestown ohio
anyone attending this school in ohio.. it is slated for next week. was hoping to get some feed back from anyone attending this. considering this school next year.

Re: templar tactical sniper school

Templar Tactical just opened their doors; this sniper course was their first since establishment. The facility was "top notch". By facility, I mean the land in which they had to work with. They have 20 lanes for their 600 to 1,000 yard ranges and have a 1 mile lane which is very discernable. They also have the ability to shoot out to 2,500 yards by various placements throughout the property. The staff are all former Special Operators from the Army and Marine Corp with former Green Beret Rick Henson at the helm. They plan to invest 4 million (yes, that's 4 with six 0's behind it) within the next few years for state of the art shoot houses an accommodations. I thought the class was beneficial with a balance of law enforcement shooting drills (50 to 140 yards) and unknown distance shoots out to 600 yards. The classroom portions were well taught and the portion on glass mediums was excellent (taught by Ted Anderson, Pittsburgh PD SWAT Sniper Team Leader). I could go on so let me know if you want more details...bottom line, I suspect Templar Tactical will be very well known in the years to come. Take the class next year, I'll see you there.

can you forward information. Is it LE only or open to all?

I believe this particular class was LE only; I don't recall if any of the Templar Tactical people mentioned future classes being military/LE only or not. 3bnRanger is correct, they do have an excellent piece of real estate for sniper training.

Straight from their website: Templar Tactical

"Our training areas and ranges are open to military and law enforcement units only. The only civilian events we offer are weekend precision rifle competitions. For more information about these competitions, contact us."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GreyWolf36</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Straight from their website: Templar Tactical

"Our training areas and ranges are open to military and law enforcement units only. The only civilian events we offer are weekend precision rifle competitions. For more information about these competitions, contact us."
</div></div>

.....correct....only open to LEO's and military at this time. I don't recall Rick mentioning opening up training courses to civilians. Shoot him an email...he's a very easy going guy.

thanks for the feed back just got back in the state from a black bear hunt this am