• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

F T/R Competition Tennessee competitions

woodland-ghost

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2012
Tennessee
Looking to finally start getting into some competitions next year, 600 yd f-open for fun.

Are there any clubs/ranges close or in middl TN that have non NRA 200-600 yd matches?

Please explain what you mean by "non-NRA" matches. I gave you the info about the AEDC matches via PM reply, so you might want to clarify what you are looking for.

I sent my email to you as we'll...just looking for other matches as well and I don't care if they aren't NRA ones like the info you sent to me. Just looking for matches and dont care about points or anything like that. Plus anywhere closer is always a bonus.

No place that I know of goes to the effort to put together matches that aren't NRA sanctioned.

In middle TN your choices are AEDC and Oak Ridge or you can get down toBlakeley GA.

As has been mentioned there are a few places to shot in Tennessee. I would add to that Oak Ridge and Tullahoma (AEDC) are two of the best shooting facility's anyone could hope for. The folks in Oak Ridge go out of there way to make a new guy feel welcome and they are glad to see you there. Jim Sokolowski in Tullahoma also puts on a "Very" good shoot both are to be commended for the way they run there shoots.

There are also are a couple more shoots in Tennessee, Memphis has a Mid Range (600 yds) F-Class match every month during shooting season, they also have two regional match's a year, this is another place were they are glad to see and help out new shooters. I do realize that Memphis is not middle Tennessee, but what the heck it's a nice drive. If you are interested in shooting from the bench from time to time ( great trigger time) there is a VFS match every month in Gallatin, Tn as well, these are shot from 100 to 300 yds.

As to Blakeley, Ga they have a great range, I personally however wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. It is the complete opposite of the other places mentioned. There are some other F-Class type match's around Atlanta but I have no information for them.

Roland

Any more info or website for the matches in gallatin? I have no problem shooting from a bench and that's only a 25-35 min drive for me. Thanks

Thank you! I just got my new gun that ill be using/hope to be using in competions this week and just sighted it in today and starting the load work up. Deffinetely wont be able to make the one this weekend but Ill hopefully be at the next one if everything goes right.

I sent my email to you as we'll...

Somehow I never got your e-mail reply. If you'd like to try again, my email is jimsoko3853 [at] gmail [dot] com, and I will send you all the info you need for the AEDC matches.