• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tennessee long range.

woodland-ghost

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2012
Tennessee
Any long range places in Tennessee? I go to Clarksville for out to 400yds...perfectly flat

Have a membership at Rockcastle in KY, love it there because I'm always by myslelf and can go at my own pace and concentrate without 20 ar-15's going off lol

Heard of a place in Tullahoma (sp) but can't find anything, supposed to be 1000yds

Loooking for some flat like just to get moa down and then later it'll be easy to calc angles. Rockcastle is 1200 yds but always down hill

Re: Tennessee long range.

1000 is my goal for now, just hoping for something flat.

I'll prob break down and pay members fee for Tullahoma, but that's a 2hr drive and something I would only do few times a year.

I have 800 yds at my place but it's your typical hilly Tennessee landscape

So hard to find anything over 500 yards.
I know of maybe 2 w/in 2 hours of where I reside.
I would imagine I'm very lucky.....

My land is 1.5 hr 800yds
Rockcastle is 1200 1hr away
Clarksville is 400 1h
Tullahoma 1000yd 2hr

Guess I'm being greedy lol

I'm in middle TN and also shoot at Montgomery (Clarksville) for 400 and Terry's in Manchester for 330Y. Been to Rock Castle but honestly, don't want to pay membership for just a "field".

I'm not aware of a 1,000 yard in Tullohoma but would gladly pay if I found one. Only one I'm aware of is the AEDC Air Force base and you can only shoot there during F class macthes.

I paid for rock castle cause it's cheap for a whole year, and no where else around here has that type of distance.

I'd like to do tullahoma but if it's only open for matches, where does everyone around here get practice for 1000 yds and their dope?

Everytime ive been to Rockcastle I've been by myself and love that compared to Clarksville and 20+ ar's shooting constantly and the bench shaking up and down lol

Im in South East Tn. and I found a farmer that liked to shoot so I load his bullets for him and I get to use the farm, we've set up steal targets to 1400.

^^^^ from your screen name, is it or are you from Tennessee ridge?
I know a few farmers from there and still don't have that much land length wise that is flat.

My 800-850yd spot is shooting from one hill, over one hill and the target on the next hill lol...tons of hills in our area

I've only shot at the steel once and loved it, it was one of them swinging targets with an orange flag on the otherside.

Normally i take their reg target stand and line 3 targets top to bottom on it and aim at the top target so that I can walk the bullet up.

Works for me and saves a ton of time.

Are you guys talking about Rockcastle in Hendersonville???
NEVERMIND. RESEARCHED AND FOUND IT IN KY

Yes no kidding! I like the rest of you, am looking for a long range place to shoot. Prefer a farm/land of some sort to go shoot with like minded people. Maybe we should all get together and make something happen. I live in Nolensville and am going to check on a place I have in mind. I have no one to LR shoot with as well and am looking.

Oak Ridge Sportsmans Association (ORSA). Beautiful 1000yd range. Go down there 2-3 times a year to shoot NRA LR matches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodland-ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any long range places in Tennessee? I go to Clarksville for out to 400yds...perfectly flat

Heard of a place in Tullahoma (sp) but can't find anything, supposed to be 1000yds

</div></div>

The folks at Alabama Tactical Supply were going to be building an 1,000 yard range just outside of Albertville, AL. We stopped there one day on our way to the CMP and saw their preparations and discussed the project. Since then I haven't kept up with their progress and I'm not even sure the project is still a go.

When I checked their web site the page was under construction.