• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

cronos0000

Commando
Banned !
Apr 27, 2017
Little Rock, Arkansas.
Fellow outdoors men/women:
I am looking for suggestions regarding portable tent heater(s).
I have a tent that fits in my F-150. I am open to suggestions on what type of heater would be best for the inside of this type of tent. I am a little skeptical about using a propane "Mr. Heater" type inside this type of tent. I have looked at several of the heaters that plug into the power plug-in. Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of heater would be safe and senseable for a Pick-up truck tent.

Get a lady in your tent and make your own heat.

Interested in this as well cronos. I'm about to purchase the Napier Sports Truck Tent to fit in the back of my truck. It's made of a nylon blend i believe. Not the best to hold in heat, but if i could just take off the chill inside, it would be nice.

If you decide on one outside of this thread, please update and let us know what you got and how it works.

I use the Mr Heater Portable Buddy heater. It works quite well in the mountains where I elk hunt. It does get nippy. It uses the little propane bottles or you can get a hose that connects the heater to the 5 gal propane bottles, (which I do). They work, they are safe, if the tip over they go out. They have a built in carbon monoxide detector that shuts the heater off if the monoxide gets too high.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Mr-H...d?categoryId=734095080&CQ_search=tent+heaters

I use the Mr Heater Portable Buddy heater. It works quite well in the mountains where I elk hunt. It does get nippy. It uses the little propane bottles or you can get a hose that connects the heater to the 5 gal propane bottles, (which I do). They work, they are safe, if the tip over they go out. They have a built in carbon monoxide detector that shuts the heater off if the monoxide gets too high.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Mr-H...d?categoryId=734095080&CQ_search=tent+heaters

this looks really good, and i see its has also work for you, Ok then i will sure give it a try.

+1. Been using one in the pop-up for years.

+1 Good little heaters and have been using one for several years while elk hunting and fly fishing at high altitudes (+10,000 ft) in the San Juan's. Turn it on before hitting the rack and in the morning to burn the chill off the tent. Don't sleep with it on though and just use a good sleeping bag.

I use the big buddy heater in a 6man alaskan guide tent and we run it on low and stay comfortable with temps in the teens. It's got all the same features as the little guy and we've never had a problem

Another Buddy Heater user here. All positive and nothing negative to say about them.

Last edited:
i have 2 mr heaters i have used them elk hunting and keep one in my deer blind, i have used it to heat my rv and in my garage they work well. i have the hose so i can run off 5lb propane tanks also