• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Helios/Kratos? 4" OAL actions?

Safety_3rd

Semi-pro whiskey sommelier
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2017
Austin Texas
Anyone know anything about a long action with capacity for a 4" OAL? I had heard rumor that Terminus was coming out with something soon, and I like the nitride and the bolt throw but hadn't heard any updates?

Following. I’m looking into an action from them that can handle the 33XC. Have my eye on a Kratos

That's exactly what I am trying to build up... Also want to long seat 300 bergers in a 338 lapua improved. the 3.85 magazines dont really let me play with length as much as I'd like.

Interested as well - a 4" action and mag without modification would be nice.

With the demand of longer actions w high bc bullets, I'm surprised other manufactures haven't started going longer. I need a repeater w detachable mag system for 4.20 plus on .590 BF.

Reactions: Earnhardt
I'm running a helios in 338 rum. My smith modified the bolt stop and opened rear mag well for the wyatt's cfe box that takes 4" coal. A few guys have done it.
What smith did you use for this build?

Sooooo I heard that the next round of terminus Kratos will accept both the wyatts 4" box and mdt 4.05 magazine. Hawkins is working on the bottom metal to got the mdt magazine.

Sooooo I heard that the next round of terminus Kratos will accept both the wyatts 4" box and mdt 4.05 magazine. Hawkins is working on the bottom metal to got the mdt magazine.

Awesome. Kratos lite is on my next actionfor a light weight build.

@Joel Russo I saw you posted something over on another forum about the "x" cut for four inches. Can you give us the specs? I'm already on the list, but figured if you posted the details here it would be helpful

Reactions: Earnhardt
Wanted to bump this again to see if there is any movement. Not sure if there is a bottom metal yet to support the mdt magazine (hawkins?) or if anyone has seen the box from Wyatt?

I have been checking since this thread started.
There are no 4.05" DBM's for the Rem 700/Variants, that will fit in the M5 DBM opening

So Joel has a center feed box we can get with these. Not sure availability on either 🫤

Man I found a M5 bottom metal with detachable magazine that fit the 4” of the kratos but can’t find my notes. Figured I’d bump this thread and see if it has gained any popularity yet.