• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Zeus action build my own rifle?

ryu_sekai

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2004
Plano Texas
The Terminus Zeus looks really interesting. Am I really able to just put together my own rifle with their action and a pre fit barrel?

Anyone here build one? What kind of accuracy are you getting?

The Terminus Zeus looks really interesting. Am I really able to just put together my own rifle with their action and a pre fit barrel?

Anyone here build one? What kind of accuracy are you getting?
yes. its really that easy. the accuracy comes from the barrel and there are a lot of good prefits out there.

If you get a Zeus, make sure you get a action wrench from @Joel Russo as well if you plan on using a full thread or even if you get a quick change action you can still use it like a non QC if you choose. thats how I run my Zeus QC, not doing caliber swaps on it at the moment.

If you get a Zeus, make sure you get a action wrench from @Joel Russo as well if you plan on using a full thread or even if you get a quick change action you can still use it like a non QC if you choose. thats how I run my Zeus QC, not doing caliber swaps on it at the moment.
Ya I only want QC for ease of building not to actually QC

Iv got a couple of proof prefits for my Zeus QC they shoot great price is hard to beat. I’m getting .25 with hand loads and .5 or better with factory and that with 223,6 creed ,6.5 creed and 308

Have you looked at other 700 footprint actions?

If you are just looking at ease of building, then you are not limited to just Zeus, especially if you are not going to use the QC, which is one of best features.

They will require the same steps and tools for assembly with a prefit barrel. There will a couple of different steps if you decide to go with an action that can take a barrel nut.

But if you have your heart set on the Zeus, then go for it.

Have you looked at other 700 footprint actions?

If you are just looking at ease of building, then you are not limited to just Zeus, especially if you are not going to use the QC, which is one of best features.

They will require the same steps and tools for assembly with a prefit barrel. There will a couple of different steps if you decide to go with an action that can take a barrel nut.

But if you have your heart set on the Zeus, then go for it.
Im not set on Zeus. I've always just had custom rifles. So it be cool to rebarrel myself and build one.

I built on a Zeus. My main draw for purchase was the QC. I screwed it together, checked headspace to be safe, and good to go: sub-MOA.

QC is great. So is the quality, but I think you’ll get quality on any custom action. Here are some high points on Zeus/Terminus that you may not get on other customs: threaded trigger pins, 60 degree bolt, outstanding customer service.

Last edited:
It really is that easy. Like mentioned you aren’t limited to a terminus but the Zeus does simplify it just one more level.

It’s so simple, loosen 2 set screws, apply anti-seize, thread barrel until shoulder contacts action, retighten set screws and shoot.

Impact, bighorn, arc, defiance, kelbly, ks, lone peak just to name a few all offer prefit capable actions. The only difference in the step is a barrel vice (can be had for pretty cheap), an action wrench (pretty cheap) 7/8 socket to fit the action wrench, torque wrench to fit the socket, and install action on barrel till shoulder contacts same as before, and torque do recommended settings.

Then of course the barrel nut or similar option which I have no experience with.

I use both action wrench’s and barre vise to install barrels on my custom actions as well as the Zeus QC. Both are awesome, both are simple the Zeus is just that much more simple.

It really is that easy. Like mentioned you aren’t limited to a terminus but the Zeus does simplify it just one more level.

It’s so simple, loosen 2 set screws, apply anti-seize, thread barrel until shoulder contacts action, retighten set screws and shoot.

Impact, bighorn, arc, defiance, kelbly, ks, lone peak just to name a few all offer prefit capable actions. The only difference in the step is a barrel vice (can be had for pretty cheap), an action wrench (pretty cheap) 7/8 socket to fit the action wrench, torque wrench to fit the socket, and install action on barrel till shoulder contacts same as before, and torque do recommended settings.

Then of course the barrel nut or similar option which I have no experience with.

I use both action wrench’s and barre vise to install barrels on my custom actions as well as the Zeus QC. Both are awesome, both are simple the Zeus is just that much more simple.
Zeus seems cool cause of the trigger pins and 60* throw

Zeus seems cool cause of the trigger pins and 60* throw
The trigger pins are actually one of my favourite things to ever come to a custom action! I wish they were in all of them!! The 60* is individuals preference. Not for everyone. The 60* doesn’t make it or break it for me truth be told. I love the terminus company, owner and product and highly recommend them but I also firmly believe there are other great actions too. I own 7 different custom actions and my shooting buddy owns 3 with a combined total of 10 different actions and have been lucky enough to handle, and shoot all of them. There’s plenty of great actions on the market! If 60 degree is your thing, terminus would be extremely tough to beat!!